Well... I have learned the importance
of not lying so here it is. I have been very very very VERY tempted to
come home! You have absolutely no idea how hard Satan has been working
on me. I went to a ward party to get to know the ward because we have
been white washing the area. And it was amazing... all that was missing
was dad's laugh and mom's voice. This ward here reminds me so much of
the one at home. The members are few but man are they strong!!! We have
probably the best Ward Mission Leader in the whole mission! I have
missed you so much. I am bawling my eyes out right now. haha. But don't
worry! Sister Tingey brought me tissues! She is dead set on keeping me
here! She actually opened up to me about how she almost went home! Which
helped me to see that I'm not alone and if I put my mind in the right
place, I won't feel homesick anymore! So I am trying!
I have witnessed miracles though. I guess Pres.
Clements decided that baptism was so important. So when we came in,
every ward had 12 to 13 baptisms in the last month but none of them were
continuing to go to church. So that is our purpose. The people in the
ward could not reach the people that weren't coming, but they were
letting us in!!! So our job is to find and RETAIN!!! So I'm excited
about that! I decided I hate tracting... but that's okay! I still do it
with a smile on my face and count my blessings! However, the first day
out, we had a really rough day. We weren't getting anywhere with the
less actives and the doors we were knocking on. But I kept on going! And
at 8:00, our last appointment fell through, frustrated, we decided to
tract behind our apartment. The second door we came to, a woman answered
the door. After introducing ourselves, she just stood there. We asked
what was wrong and she said, "Nothing, it's just that my therapist said I
needed God in my life and to start praying for Him to show me where to
go. I didn't expect an answer so soon let alone Him bringing me
someone!" She was crying the whole time we talked and you could see the
spirit was teaching her truth the moment she saw us. It was a miracle.
She has said yes to baptism but she isn't sure on the date yet. But she
wants to learn more!!! And she wants to meet ward members and go to
church!
I have learned that keeping busy is the only way
that I will not be homesick. I have to go to work!!! I have been having
trouble sleeping though and it's taking its toll. I keep having panic
attack dreams and waking myself up and it's been consistent for 4 days
straight. So I've asked for a blessing and I am continuing to work
because it helps so much!
I met a less active that wasn't making church or
reading a priority. He said he had a hard time reading and he didn't
like it. We asked if he had a smart phone. He said yes. My companion
continued to try to get him to read along and he kept saying maybe and I
don't know. So I remembered what dad does. I told him to take his phone
out and listen to it everywhere. In the car, brushing your teeth, etc.
and he got super excited. I told him about dad and how he had a hard
time finding time to read and that dad would listen instead of reading
and slowly he started to follow along and then he started to just read.
So thank you dad for being that example to me. Because you are now an
example to Brother D. in the Burnsville ward!!
Brother B. is another experience that made me
very sad. My companion and I were figuring out what to do when we got a
call from him saying he and his wife were done with the church and
didn't want to meet with the missionaries anymore. So we raced over to
see the problem and he was willing to speak with us because we were new.
It turns out he has been a member for over 20 YEARS!!! And his daughter
is still fully active in the church and sealed to her husband! He and
his wife used to be temple workers too! But because the bishop offended
him and his wife, he believes he is more blessed being away from the
church. I had no idea what to say. All I could feel is the sadness that
I'm sure God was feeling in that moment. He is God's son and was doing
so well! He was such an amazing leader but he let his anger and hate get
in the way of the spirit. I hope that people realize that that is what
Satan wants. He wants so badly for us to get angry and turn away from
the spirit. I had it happen with my trainer. She gave me some awesome
advice but at the wrong time and I got very angry. But I realized that
it is NOT WORTH IT!!! She wants me to be out here because she sees
potential that I cannot see. She has been through a lot but she made it
so I can too. Don't let hate and anger get in the way of your eternal
happiness! It is NOT WORTH IT!! I am so much happier just letting the
things go that I cannot control! I'm finally starting to get that now!
haha!
Okay! Questions! My companion is from Bountiful
Utah! She just received an email from her grandparents about the Robbins
so they are both so excited that we are together! Such a small world!!
She also makes me laugh so hard! Her last area had a lot of Nigerians
and she said that they are like a drug to her! She would get so excited
when she saw black people! We talked to a woman from Nigeria last night
and she said afterwards, "Okay! I got my black people fix! I'm good!"
hahahaha! And yes she also lived with her grandparents for a little
while!
By the way!!! I am so proud of Zac and Connor! YOU
GUYS ARE DOING AMAZING THINGS!!! KEEP IT UP!!! And Jordon and Jen! I'm
so happy for you guys! I love you guys soooo much!
Next, I live in a small town called Savage. It is beautiful! We'll look
up at a patch of trees that look completely barren but there are
probably 50 houses nestled inside!!! I am missing the mountains but
that's okay! There are thousands of lakes and ponds and it is SO
GREEN!!! Some people don't even have sprinklers it's so green! Plus the
air is SUPER DUPER CLEAN!!! The ward is amazing and the members are so
willing to help the missionaries whether they're active or not!
We also met an amazing family on Sunday that has a
daughter leaving on a mission soon too. She is a year younger than me
and is going to Guatemala. She is excited and will be reporting at the
Guatemala MTC. So we are going to be sure to invite her on splits with
us when we can! The family actually had 3 children, the daughter going
on a mission and her younger brothers. However, 5 years ago, they
adopted 2 kids that are now 18 and 20. And you would never have guessed
that they were adopted so soon! They are so accepting and loving of one
another! It was a blessing to get to know them!
I don't think I need anything yet... I haven't
figured my pills out yet but there is a Walgreen's store by us so I'll
check in there.
Hahahahaha. Biking in a
skirt... I may need a new black skirt... my bike ripped a hole in it...
but it is an AMAZING BIKE!! It's a beautiful white and blue and it has a
really good headlight! I just need to figure out how to get on... haha!
I love it! Thanks so much!
My address will change so if you need to send a
package, send it to the mission office priority mail or priority flat
rate. If it is priority, they can forward it. However, since you're my
family, I will send you my address. However, it will be changing a lot
because of transfers and could get stuck in Savage so make sure that you
don't send it too close to transfers!
I
love you so much and I miss you! I probably cried while writing half of
this! Hopefully the next time I write I'll be more put together! haha! I
really truly miss you and am praying for you every day! But don't
worry! I will not come home early! I have a job to do and I am going to
do it! I love you and am so proud of the amazing things you've been
doing! And tell Oreo I said hi! I miss her so much! Almost everyone in
Minnesota has a dog so it can be hard not to miss her!
I also got a letter from Sister Springer! That was
awesome! And the letters that you a dad wrote me before I even left! I
really needed those because I was wondering to myself how I was ever
going to be able to get through 18 months of doing this!! But I'm
getting the hang of it and loving people is not as hard as I thought it
would be! I just need to learn to be patient! I've been treating a
mission like a bandaid. I just want to rip it off! But it is a process
that I need to go through and it will be a long one! But miracles will
happen if I am obedient and willing.
I don't have my camera on me... sorry... I will be
sending pictures next week. I completely forgot this morning because we
needed our bags to be empty because we are out of miles on the car. So
all I have is my planner and wallet right now. I am so so sorry! But
don't worry! Pictures are on their way! Oh and tell the young women that
I said Hi!!! And I am so proud of them for getting that reward! Tell
Kelsey I'm happy for her too!
I love you!
Love,
Sister Jacklin
P.S.
So funny story! People have been asking how long I've been out. I kept
telling them, "only a few days! But I came to the realization yesterday
after talking to the girl going to Guatemala that I really have almost
been out a month!! I only have about a week more and I'll have hit the
month marker! I guess time really does fly! Even if it feels slow right
now... I know it will fly when I really get used to being out here! I
love you!!! I really cannot say that enough!! Keep up the good work and
keep me in your hearts and prayers! I will keep you in mine! And BE
SAFE!!! HAHA!! (Jordon...) Just kidding!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!
| Provo Temple |
| Photo Bomb |
| MTC Sisters |
No comments:
Post a Comment