So this week has been great! And our car
is grounded! We had our first snowfall today so it is a little dangerous
for us to be out there. You know, everybody seems to forget how to
drive in the snow the first day. And, I am sorry that I have been
spending so much. We have a limited amount of things that the mission
card goes towards and our district and Zone p-days have been expensive.
But I will let you know if I do need anything. And I will follow what
you say. I think that's a good idea. I really haven't been able to keep
track but I think that will help. Sorry... I do in fact, need some
longer, thicker skirts. We have a goodwill here which is a lot like a DI
and if you could put some money in, I can get one skirt out here. But
yeah. I think the other big thing I need is a scripture case. Just a
small one that can carry my scriptures in.
Anyways,
I am so happy for Connor and Zac! They seem to be doing awesome! Maybe a
little advise for Zac if it hasn't been given. Will Weber State let him
keep the scholarships if he goes on a mission right out of high school?
Anyways, that might be something to look at. And I am glad that my
answers were suitable. I am happy to help those girls out in any way I
can. And I would love a letter! Letters are always fun to get and it is
quite discouraging to open an empty mail box. By the way, from November
17th to Thanksgiving, it might be best to send letters through the
mission office. Transfers are coming up. Which is somewhat sad. Sister
Tingey said that it would also be sad because we probably won't be able
to share clothes with our next companions. Sister Tingey and I are about
the same waist size so we get to share clothing. :)
Well,
this week has been pretty crazy! We met a lady that moved into the ward
that had a huge American Bulldog who was a sweet heart! She was also a
really cool lady! Her granddaughter sounds a lot like Cassidey Hall.
Apparently a boy was bugging her friend so she wrestled him to the
ground. So yeah... :) we weren't able to meet her but she sounded like
she was really cool! We also have been working with a less active woman,
Sister F. and her daughter, Sister L. They have really been
turning their lives around and have been coming to church weekly. The
only big problem is Sister F's son and husband are very inactive and
don't like that Sister F. and Sister L. have been making
positive changes in their lives. So we have been trying to get the ward
to reach out which, some days, can be like pulling teeth. But our ward
is great so we have faith that they will work hard to help them feel
welcome.
We are making excellent progress with
A and R. R is looking for a Joseph Smith experience so we
have been working on helping him see that he has already been receiving
answers. For example, we brought them to a baptism in another ward and
he said he felt at peace. So we have been trying to point out that it
was the spirit witnessing that it was true. So he seems a lot more
excited about baptism. A, on the other hand, seems like she has
a lot on her mind, but hasn't opened up at all about it. But we are
working on it! They have a date set for December 6th and we are going to
do all that we possibly can to help them be ready! :)
I
have a question for you mom and Grandpa Jolley. Do you know or are you
related to a Blaine Jolley from Texas? My Sister Training Leader, Sister
Smith said that he's her uncle and so she was curious to see if they
were relatives. Anyways! I love you and I am not sure what else to
write. I truly am sorry for spending so much! It has been really hard
trying not to spend a lot. I have been buying christmas presents
throughout these last few months too. That has probably contributed to a
lot of the expenses too. Sorry. I will keep cash with me and leave the
debit card home. Thanks for watching out for me. I love you so much and
pray for you and your safety! Love you!
Love,
Sister Carlee Jacklin
| This is what we woke up to!!! And yes... my tag says Sister Tingey.... We go to a lady's house to do laundry in the morning and let's just say I left my identity in the apartment... :) |
| My 3 month photo!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment