Sunday, November 30, 2014

Love From Minnesota!!!

This is Carlee's letter from last week. I'm not as smart as my smart phone and couldn't figure out how to post it in New York.  Sorry it's a week late:)


Hi Family!!

So... we were planning last night and I saw the phone glowing.... I probably looked at it like it was on fire... and President Forbes called and informed Sister Tingey is going to be a Sister Training Leader in New Brighton and I am going to be with Sister Tingey's trainer here in Savage.... let's just say I am now scared out of my gourd... Every sister I have met (including Sister Tingey) is terrified of her... I am so scared!!! AND I AM TAKING OVER THE AREA???? AAAAAAH! But Sister Tingey says that I am going to have tons of fun with her... I hope that she is right... She is a bombshell of a missionary though so that should be exciting to see how the area improves. And how I improve. Anyways, I guess my address will be the same until January! :) 4 transfers in 1 area! woo hoo!

 I am excited for Zac and Connor!! I hope they have fun! And don't forget to wave from the plane to me! :) 

So.... I have a super funny story for you! Sister Tingey and I were visiting a less active and she lives in an apartment complex. She has a bad ankle so she asked us to take her trash out. The dumpster is in a wooden shelter so you have to open the door to the shelter to get to the dumpster. When Sister Tingey opened the door, a flash light popped out of the dumpster! THERE WAS A PERSON IN THE DUMPSTER!!! Well... I was wound up ready to hit them with the trash but then something (the spirit I'm sure) said, "GET THE HECK OUT OF THERE!!!" So I looked at Sister Tingey, dropped the bag, and ran. Sister Tingey slammed the door and came screaming behind me. It was pretty scary but funny too. For all we know, it could have been someone who had lost something in the dumpster, but we weren't about to stick around to find out! We told our investigators, the M's about it when we got to our appointment and they laughed super hard! 

But yeah! This week has been great! We actually didn't have very many dinners from the ward and our RS President reprimanded the sisters for it. Now we have quite a bit. :) It was funny!

Well, I can't really think of anything to say... especially since I am about ready to puke knowing who my next companion is.... but it should be great!!! :) I'm sure she'll love whatever you have sent her for Christmas too! :) I love you so much! Oh! And thanks for the money, I'll check at the Goodwill the next time we have a chance. :) I love you and WISH ME LUCK! :) 

Love,

Sister Jacklin
 
District Elders

District Sisters


P-day Laser Tag

Showcase of mission vehicles




 

No comments:

Post a Comment