Monday, December 1, 2014

Love from Minnesota!!!

Hallo Meine Familie!!!

So I am blown away by the picture!!! So cool! I bet that was fun for Connor to march inside so many sky scrapers!!! I am pretty jealous that you guys got to see all that stuff too! ;) My goodness though! You have been on all cylinders! I hope you get a little bit of rest before heading out again! And tell Zac I said good luck in Portland!!! :)

This week has been great! I have really been working on my people skills this transfer! My companion is AMAZING at talking to random people so I hope that those skills wear off on me. She has been a huge help though. She is helping me by role playing with me and showing me things to do. We discovered this morning that sometimes I forget to smile when I teach which makes me look pretty scary... :) oops. So we'll be working on that! :) She also told me when we got the Christmas package that she wanted to open her present now. I told her she could but with me out of the room! :) She laughed and said I was too nice and said, "You really should have said, 'Sister Terry, don't be stupid! Just wait for Christmas!'" :) She really is a lot of fun! She's also going to teach me how to crochet! :) By the way, for all you Cross country runners, (Taylor) her full name is Sidney Terry and she ran for Timpanogos. She is from Orem, UT. When I mentioned grandma and grandpa Jolley, she asked if I was related to TJ Jolley. I said yes and she got super excited. :) I am also happy that she is my companion because she loves to run so I am going to get back into shape!! :)

Oh! And please pass this thank you along to Grandpa Greg for the golf balls! It's getting cold enough for us to bring them out! Sister Terry brought hers out last night! :) So thank you! They are going to be a huge help! And I am sure that Cade's fingers are being saved by the one that I gave him! :)

The M's are doing AWESOME! (Sorry for all the uppercase letters! It's just so exciting!) Brother M had to work this Sunday so we had Sister N from the mission office go with them to have a friend. Then Sister M came to our ward right after! So cool!!! They have a baptismal date set for December 20th and we are so excited! 

We also got to go by and see a lot of people on Monday and Tuesday for Sister Tingey. We even got a little Christmas present from Sister Ma She and Brother Ma got us matching scarves and socks! It was so cute! We love them so much! :) And Brother Ma is still going strong and seems to be on the uptake! We are hoping that he gets better soon so that they can be sealed in June! They are so close!!! :)

We also got to spend Thanksgiving with the B's! And I felt so at home!!! Brother B reminds me so much of Grandpa! He and I were the only ones there that like pecan pie so when he came in with the pie he showed it to me and said, "Okay! So which half would you like?" I laughed so hard! It was totally something that Grandpa would say! And Sister B is a lot like Grandma too! She made amazing food and made sure that everyone had gotten enough to eat! So I felt right at home! :) We even had some of their grandchildren there so we still had the screaming kids running around in the background. :) I am glad that Heavenly Father kept me there because I think it would have been totally different had I been in a whole other area! 

I think the best thing right now with the Holidays is the new initiative that they put in the Ensign for this month. All of the missionaries got pass along cards to hand out. It is called, He is the Gift. The church is asking missionaries to use it as a contacting tool and the members are to also share through pass along cards and using #sharethegift in social media. It is a lot like the Easter, Because of Him. It should be fun helping others to get into the spirit with that! :) 

I have no idea right now if we will skype or call on Christmas... I will let you know though when we get closer to time! :) It should be good though! I almost have all of your presents! I'm still looking for one for Jordon and Zac and Connor. But I hope that your Birthday present made it! :) I hope you like it!

Anyways, I can't think of anything else to report! It's been quite a crazy week! I am thankful though that the Lord has helped me to adjust so well to taking over the area! I know that I am going to learn a TON this transfer! :)

Oh! By the way, Grandma, I don't know if you got my letter but in answer to a question you had on one of your letters, I am good with whatever for Christmas. I am not too picky! A scarf or sweater would be great! You know, since it's so COLD! :) But don't sweat it! Your letters are present enough! :)

I love you guys so much and I am so happy that all is well and good back home! I love you and I do miss you but I know we'll see each other again real soon! I'll keep you in my prayers!

Love,

Sister Jacklin

No comments:

Post a Comment