Hahahaha! Very funny Jordon! He is so
funny! And I am so happy for Blake and Cole! Anyways, to answer your question mom,
no, I have not yet gotten your envelope with the card. I did receive an
envelope but it was a calendar from Grandma and Grandpa Jacklin! And
the pictures were super cute! Sister Wood did a great job on all of our
pictures! It was funny because as I was showing Sister Terry, she said,
"Well it looks like your brother and sister in law are the favorite!
They are in there a ton!" It was really funny! I told her it was because
they know that I am on a mission and would appreciate looking at all my
wonderful family members instead of myself! :) It was an amazing
surprise! :) I am going to use it for my mission planning! :) I am also
so happy to see that you had a missionary experience! I know that your
service and love to that girl will help her so much! And as for Dad, I
think I am both happy and sad for him too! I am happy because I had the
chance to see how the people of the ward were blessed so greatly by that
bishopric. I know that it was truly inspired when I look back on the
years that you and Bishop Hansen and Brother Harper served. I am also
sad because of that too! I loved you guys in the bishopric! But that's
okay! I know that the Lord has a better thing in store for you soon!
We
also had our ward party this week! It was really fun! We had a ton of
fruit and egg bake. Which is super good! It's pretty much all that you
like in breakfast food all together in a casserole. We also had the
M's baptismal interview and had them try on their suits! Sister
M also told us that the night before, she had a dream that she
got baptized and then couldn't get out of the font. :) She's pregnant
so she had a lot of anxiety about being dunked under water. She then
said, "I think I will be just fine though! Just have the forklift ready
if I get stuck!" :) It was so funny! The bishop saw us before the party
getting them ready for the baptism and hugged Brother M super
tight. Our ward is really small and struggling so I think he is pretty
ecstatic about some new members coming in to strengthen the ward.
We
also had the opportunity to take an investigator named F to the
Joy to the World concert! It was amazing! And I also got to go through
Minneapolis again and saw (dad can look this up) the stone arch bridge.
It was gorgeous! We have to make it a priority when I get home to go
back and see all the amazing things in Minneapolis! :) We also got to
hear the opening song from Frozen at the concert! It was funny because
Sister Terry hasn't seen Frozen so she had no idea! It turns out it is a
Scandanavian Christmas Carol that has the same melody as Beautiful
Savior. It was beautiful! I will have to tell you the name of the song
so you can look up the full song. You can't hear the beautiful savior
melody in the movie. I also loved one of the other folk songs in the
concert too that I think originally came from England or Scotland. It
was all over an amazing concert though!
I have a
super funny story for you too! We were driving back to Savage that
night and F asked if we had been to Mall of America before. As
missionaries, we are not allowed to go into the Mall of America. So
Sister Terry told her that and F went crazy! She started saying
that as a representative of the Lord we should still have the chance to
buy clothes! It was really funny because it made it sound like any other
store or mall didn't have clothing. So Sister Terry tried to change the
subject by complimenting F's dress. When she asked F where
she got it,
F hesitated and said, "Mall of America". I think my
sides were about to split from laughing.
I
also had the chance to see Sister Tingey again at the concert and she
looked like she was doing great! I was glad to see that! I also ran into
Sister Park, a sister that was in the MTC with me. She is training a
new missionary. When I asked how she was doing, her eyes got big and she
said, "I'm getting there!" :) It was so funny! I'm sure she's doing a
great job and her companion was really sweet!
We
actually had some really warm days too! This whole weekend it has been
in the 40's and 50's! So we haven't even needed jackets! :) (It never
ceases to amaze me how quickly our bodies can acclimate!) Today it is in
the 40's and really foggy! It is beautiful! :) So, you never know,
maybe we both won't have a white Christmas! Just kidding! It is supposed
to get back down to the 20's this week. Short lived, but WORTH IT!
I
am also sending a Christmas package this week! Sister Terry is going to
teach me how to do a Christmas card too so that will come too! :) And
thanks again for the cute presents! We just started our 12 days of
Christmas gifts! :) SOOOO CUTE! :)
I love you
guys so much! Keep up the awesome stuff and stay safe this Christmas! I
can't wait to see you guys and talk to you! LOVE YOUUU!!!!!
Love,
Sister Jacklin
| Dinner Date in the car with my STL, Sister Magleby. |
| Me and My Companion |
| My Companion |
| Family Home Evening |
| Sister Terry tried to make fudge in a glass pan, yeah. |
| They put words up before painting to represent what they want to have in the room |
| This is Sister S.S. imbuing their bedroom before we painted it. She was burning certain weeds and herbs to provide protection and ward away evil spirits. Kind of weird but cool too! |
No comments:
Post a Comment