Well done Zac! All American! And I loved
the picture I got of Connor's band! They looked so COOL! I got your Christmas package! Thanks! Ummm... I don't think it will be a problem
sending it to me directly, especially if the mission office closes early
for the holidays or something. But yeah! This week has been amazing!
Oh! and thank you Connor for the picture! I actually watched a video of
someone do that and I always wanted one! How did you know? You are one
awesome brother!
Well, this week has been
great! I have really been humbled these last few days but that is all
good! I have just found that I have a lot to work on! The M's
are officially getting baptized on....(drum roll).... DECEMBER 20TH!!!!
Yay! I am sure that I told you already but the ball has been set in
motion and I am so excited! We are going to work really hard to make
sure that they stay in activity too!
We also
met an amazing lady from Liberia named S.L. It was really
funny because we started talking to her by saying that we liked her gym
shorts.... it was super awkward but funny! Then Sister Terry almost
cried when she heard that S. was a Liberian. Sister Terry has worked
with a lot of Africans so she was super happy to see one again. We had a
return appointment and taught the Restoration. Let's just say the
spirit was SO STRONG! It was so strong that when we asked S. to read
the last 2 paragraphs of the Introduction of the Book of Mormon, she
couldn't because she was crying. It was so powerful! And I know that
there will be many more experiences!
Oh! We
also had another amazing miracle! We were able to get into a Less Active
lady's home that hasn't been in almost a year! We were visiting another
Less Active family, the R's, and Y. (that's her name) came in with
her kids and we had a HUGE family home evening with them! Sooooo
cool!!!! We are going to start working with them both and getting them
to church!!! It was amazing!
Another awesome
thing that happened was Sister L., a less active lady that we have
been working with since I got to Minnesota, has made so much progress!
When we first got here, she and her mom, Sister F., would barely even
meet with us and wouldn't come to church. We stayed strong though and
now..... they are working towards the temple!!!! Hooray! Also, we
committed Sister L. to getting up and bearing her testimony and SHE
DID!!! It was so amazing! I never thought that I would see her doing
that when I first got here! :)
It's been an amazing week full of miracles and I am sure that it will be the same this coming week!
So
for Christmas, I am not sure what we will do. We are having dinner with
the W's which is so fun! We are also having a Zone Pday and Elder
Carroll, one of our Zone Leaders, said that he could get How to Train
Your Dragon 2 approved. I hope so because it looked like it would be
good. Tomorrow, President Clements is doing a Zone Christmas Conference
and we will be watching It's a Wonderful Life which I have never seen
before but I have heard of it. So that should be good! :) We also got to
watch the Christmas Devotional at a member's home which was awesome! We
missed President Eyring's talk because the recording didn't catch it
all. But that's okay! We'll watch it another time during a p day.
I
don't think I need anything right now. Anyways, I love you so much! And thanks again for the
cute cards! they were fun to read! :)
Love,
Sister Jacklin
Oops! By the way, I haven't had a ton of time to take pictures but I
will be sending some next week for sure! :) Plus... I forgot my camera
cord too... :) heehee :) Oops!
Okay! One more thing!!! Sister Terry knows how to make Christmas cards!
So we are going to make a Christmas card to send to you and the Fam!!!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment