Hey Family!
I am so glad that you guys had a good
week! And ummm... I am pretty darn frustrated and jealous of the
temperature! :) This winter actually had been very kind to us when it
comes to Minnesota standards so I'll take it! It has stayed pretty warm
this week. Around the 30's and 40's. It almost got to 50 one day! But it
should go back down to the 20's and one day is supposed to be around
12. But it should be good. Minnesota decided to be kind to me through my
first full winter. :) By next winter, I'll be saying goodbye just as it
gets bad. :)
Well, this week has been pretty
crazy! I got sick again, not as sick as Cade of course, and I had to
stay in for an extra hour to get some rest. Ordered by my companion
again. But I am doing much better now. We went and visited the N's
and talked with them about the Second Coming and The Gathering of
Israel. They are preparing for the temple and so we are going through
parts in the Gospel Principles books that they have questions on or want
to learn more about. It's pretty interesting. :) They are a fun family.
They have a girl named E and whenever we ask if they have any
questions, E will ask a question like, "What is the meaning of
life?" or "Explain to me the nature of a plum tree." She is so stinkin'
funny! I think my favorite was that this week, when we went to see them,
we went in the door and immediately Sister N was like, "So, I am
sorry if it stinks, E keeps farting and it smells so bad! We've
tried to keep her contained but it didn't work!" It was so funny! Then
Sister Turner threw me under the bus and talked about how I always have
stinky farts when we get home! :) It was funny! hahaha!
We
have been doing a lot of tracting and a lot of work with less actives.
We are trying to work to help bring people to church. We have been
working really closely with Sister M, our Relief Society President,
and Sister A, our Young Women's President in helping with the
work. It is working great so far! I am so excited to see the
progression. Our ward council knows that we don't have anyone to work
with and so they are going to start working to help us find people to
teach. It will be awesome! I am expecting to see some miracles that come
from this!
We got a "massage" type thing that
helped me to relieve stress and helped me to get rid of some pain that
was in my back. Sister W in our ward, is a practitioner and she
told us that she would help us out. So we went and all she did was check
our arms and legs. She told me that the body reacts to certain things
in our lives like lies and truth. It was really cool! All she had to do
was move my ankles a bit and she was like, "It feels like you had an
experience when you were around 8 years old or so that is causing
tension in your right foot." I thought back to when I was 8 and of
course I first thought of when I was baptized and I was like, Nope...
that's not it... and then I realized that I think around 10 or 11 I got
my first really bad sprain. So she worked on it and it eased up. Then
she found that there was still tension and asked if I had sprained my
ankle again. Well, I did in high school! So she got out all this tension
and helped me sort out a lot of things that were on my mind and were
bugging me. She told me that our brain is very powerful and if we let
some thoughts go, whether they be good or bad, they can take a toll on
our bodies. So it was cool to see how she helped me not only feel better
physically but also sort out a lot of things that were on my mind. She
also discovered what was wrong with my walking so my walking will
improve and my knee won't hurt as badly when I walk. :) Yay!
So,
yeah! I am excited for what the next week holds! Especially this
Thursday! We are going to the temple this Thursday and I need it soooo
bad! Satan has been really working on us too! We have had a ton of
troubles come up! We had our new elder, Elder Wilkinsen, get an extreme
case of the Stomach flu Saturday night. He was shaking uncontrollably
and he couldn't even hold water down. Then, Sunday afternoon, the elders
came to help us with our bike rack so we could get a car wash and Elder
Smith had broken out in hives all over his body! And I had a bad head
cold so we were all ill and the Temple trip is days away! So we all
prayed very hard and guess what? Elder Wilkinsen is doing better and
Elder Smith's hives have gone down! So we should be okay! I am so
excited! :) We have Sister Dailey coming with us and she is awesome! So
it should be so much fun! :)
Anyways, I can't
think of anything to ask! Oh! And I found those people you know. Well, I
guess they rather found me. They were super nice! It was cool! :) And I
am glad that you liked the pictures! Sister Arrington stopped me at
Zone Conference and let me know that she enjoyed getting a response from
you. :) They are such a sweet couple! :) And Zone Conference was great!
I got to see Sister Pead, a sister I worked with when I was in
Burnsville, who is going home in a week. She was excited that I was in
her last Zone. She is an awesome sister and I'm sad to see her go. I
also got to see Sister Parke, a sister I was in the MTC with. She found
out my first name too and leaned over to me and said, "When I found out
what your first name was I saw that it was perfect for you!" She is such
a sweet sister! :)
Anyways, I love you guys so
much and I hope you have an awesome week! Enjoy that sunlight for me! I
am missing it a lot but I have noticed that it now only gets dark at 6
instead of at 4. So Spring is on it's way!!! Yay!!! I have horrible
spring fever. It's ridiculous!! :)
LOVE YOU!!!
Love,
Sister Carlee Jacklin
*It was a great day for pictures from Sister Jacklin. Enjoy*
 |
| Beautiful Cougar |
 |
| A tiger for mom without the fence in the way. No I didn't get into the enclosure:) |
 |
| Group Ape Photo |
|
 |
| I like the artwork on this building. |
 |
| Beautiful Orchid |
 |
| The Conservatory on the outside. |
 |
| Elder Smith chillin with the Orangutan. |
 |
| A tiger picture for mom. |
 |
| Ape Selfie |
 |
| The gorillas were so cool. |
 |
| Me with a baby giraffe. |
 |
| Me with a zebra. |
 |
| This monkey wouldn't stop licking the glass. |
 |
| The Penguins. |
 |
| The Polar Bears. |
 |
| Sea Horses |
 |
| My selfie that looks like dad's accidental selfie, only I did mine on purpose. |
 |
| Beautiful Snow Leopard. |
 |
| The Conservatory outside. |
 |
| The Conservatory inside. |
 |
| Sister Pead and Me. |
 |
| Sister Parke and Me. |
No comments:
Post a Comment