Hi Family!!!
So... yeah. I have been given $152 a
month to live off of and lately, my companion and I had wanted to eat
healthier so our groceries have been super expensive. On top of that,
transfers have messed the entire area up so we went out to eat a lot as a
district so I had to use some personal money to get things. So... yeah.
And I hope that this doesn't throw you guys completely over board
but.... I am training in Anoka this transfer... hooray! :/ And I have no
idea where a lot of members live... plus I have no idea how to go from
Bloomington to Anoka and visa versa... So, if it is alright, I would
love for you to send maybe some money for the cheapest GPS I can find? I
didn't think I would need one but I think I will this time. I am so
sorry. I have needed a lot more than I thought. I will try to find the
cheapest one possible. But yeah. I will try really hard to be better
about budgeting my money. I don't care as much about the super expensive
healthy stuff. It is too much money to eat like that on a mission so it
should be good. I'll just have to make it more of a priority to run.
So,
like I said in that super long and confusing paragraph, I am training
this transfer! Sister Turner is going to be whitewashing a YSA ward in
the twin cities. So she is going to be right in the heart of
Minneapolis! So that should be fun. She isn't too excited about leaving
Anoka but I bet the change will help. I am severely freaked out but it
should be good. They shut down the Andover Sister's area so now our
district is 2 sets of elders and me and my new companion. So that should
be fun. Elder Smith is going to be training too so we will both help
one another out. He's awesome so I bet it will be fine! But yeah! It
should be an adventure!
I have had a great
week! We had the chance to teach the Laurels and Mia Maids this Sunday
because poor Sister A got sick. So we volunteered to take her
lesson for her! The laurels loved it! We had a good time! And I learned
the hard way that ice is never your friend. I was coming out of our
member dinner and we were in a hurry to get to Sister K's place
because president's fireside was in Bloomington at 7:00. So, I was speed
walking when all of a sudden, my legs came out from under me and I face
planted it on the side of the road. Sister Turner said it was like a
cartoon. I guess I was airborne for a while. haha. So I have a very
lovely patch on my leg now where my knee hit. ugh. It really hurt. Well,
I'm pretty sure my pride was still hurt more than my knee though.
I
have a pretty awesome funny story for you. I have found that tracting
and surprise stop bys close to Valentine's day is a bad idea... we
decided to go and give something to some investigators on Friday night.
We had been trying for weeks on end to get to them and they had never
been home. When we got there, we saw a car in their driveway so we
decided that it would be good to try. Something didn't feel quite right
as we got to the door. When we knocked, we saw that every light was off
but her car was in the driveway. The next thing we know, we hear the
locks clicking so we knew that someone was about to open the door. So we
got ready to say hi when the woman swung the door wide open..... with
nothing on.... not a stitch of clothing... She immediately shut the door
again and shouted, "OOOOH! I AM SO SORRY! I thought you were my
boyfriend!" Yeah... so we're pretty sure we just killed that "romantic"
night.... whoops. We laughed so hard and decided to call it a night
after stopping by some less actives.
So, I
guess the next time I email you, I will have found out what my trainee's
name is. It should be good. I am excited but nervous... I'm sure it
will be fine though! Love you guys so much and SLOW down Connor! It will
be weird coming home to a 7 foot brother! :) Love you!
Love,
Sister Carlee Jacklin
PS
I got the package! It was super cute! I love the skirts and Sister
Turner says, "thank you!" :) Especially thanks for the turquoise! It's
BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE YOU!!!
Oops! YES! We did make it to the temple! It was amazing! :) I loved it! :)
LOVE YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment