Monday, March 23, 2015

Love From Minnesota!


Hey Family!

I am so glad to hear that you guys are doing good! I am so excited to hear Connor play! I loved hearing those bands play! And good job Zac! I bet you'll do great on the tests you decide to take! 

Unfortunately, my companion left on Friday afternoon and I had to do one of the weirdest and scariest things I think a missionary has to do.... I had to drive from Bloomington at the mission home to New Brighton to pick up my companion... ALL BY MYSELF!!! Elder Ta'o our AP was laughing saying that he had to do that when he drove to Rochester. He said it was the weirdest thing for him... and it was the same for me! But my new companion is Sister Mower. She came out with Sister Lacanienta and was in a trio so they just emergency transferred her to me. She is so awesome! I love working with her! She is from the Dallas Texas area and she attended Utah State before she decided to serve. She was the same as me too when it came to serving. She never really wanted to serve. She wanted to get married! She has a boyfriend waiting for her so that is fun! She is really awesome though and is all for running so I am happy! :)

Things are going really well with the people we are teaching. Our teaching pool is still very low but I am sure things will start to pick up soon! Sister Mower is so invested in the work that I am so excited about what is going to happen! We actually had quite a miracle too! So, Sister Laca and I were tracting and I told her that she needed to try starting the conversation at a door step. She asked if I could do one door first so she could see how to do it. So I said yes, and when we knocked on the door, instead of the door opening, the garage opened.... a little awkward but we took it! ;) We ended up leaving a pamphlet with the man and a card with our number on it. The next day HE called and we set up an appointment! I was so excited! NO ONE CALLS US!!! Unfortunately out appointment with him ended up being right when I had to drop Sister Laca off and so I called the elders and they went and taught him. And he was really receptive! It was so cool! :) So, hopefully something will come of that!

We are eating a lot more in our apartment. Sister Lacanienta was a doll and used some of her MSF money to pay for some groceries for me because she wouldn't get reimbursed the money on it. So we got some healthier stuff like fruits and some veggies. So we have been doing well with that! So I don't think I will be running out of money this month! But I would like it if you could put a few dollars in for another curling iron? I bought a nice little cheap one and it broke!!! But Missy cut my hair again today and told me where to buy some really good ones for around 20 dollars. So hopefully that won't happen again... I have had the worst luck with that on my mission.... But Missy re-cut me some side bangs and she cut my hair and made it look like I have twice as much now!! It is GORGEOUS!!!! I love it! She is so amazing! I wish I could take her everywhere with me on my mission! But yeah! She also did it for no charge at all which was so nice of her! She said it is her little thank you to us for being missionaries in her ward. She is so sweet! :) And thanks for the list of meals! That will help a lot! You tend to run out of ideas fast when you have so little time to eat.

I will definitely make sure that I give Sister Arrrington a hug! They have been a major help to us in the zone! It's like having Grandma and Grandpa Jolley here with me! Brother Arrington even went to Argentina on his mission! I asked if he knew grandpa and he said no... but that's okay!!!

Okay! Well... that is just about it for now! I love you so much and I will report back in a week! Love you!!! By the way, I hope you liked the pics that Sister Laca sent of us at the basilica! I hope she sent the one of the bridge too! I thought dad would like that! :) 

Love you!!!!


Love,


Sister Carlee Jacklin
My new Comp!!!

My new do. Not the best picture but it kind of shows it.






No comments:

Post a Comment