Monday, March 9, 2015

Love From Minnesota!

Hi Family!
So, I think that would be so funny! A little girl screaming at every bad thing. That's funny! :) So, I am again in Minneapolis for the day! We are going to the sculpture gardens today! I am excited! So I will be getting a picture with the giant spoon and cherry! It's funny too because we are in a giant library right now that has 4 levels. It is super pretty. While we were waiting for it to open, I saw a 3D work of art that I had learned about in 3D Design. Can I remember the name of the artist or artwork? No. But I remembered what it looked like! I kind of did my whole, "WHOAH!" with my hands on my face and some random guy in the hallway mimicked me. It was kind of embarrassing. :) But it was cool to see that artwork!
So, another funny ice story for you. We went up to a house one day last week and we started up the steps and I noticed that they were super icy when we went up. So I told Sister Lacanienta to be careful and we went up the steps and met with a super cool family. Well, after the visit, we said goodbye and right as I hit the step (by this time I had forgotten that it was icy) I saw my feet go up and I hit the steps! So, I had a pretty sore back and hand. Sister Lacanienta was laughing so hard! She said that all she saw was me on the ground. She didn't see me fall so she said it kind of worried her at first until she realized that I was on the ground. (Man, I kind of laughed just now thinking about it and I just got a really dirty look from a man across from me). ouch. :)
Yeah, so Sister Lacanienta is having a hard time but I am doing my best to help and love her. I don't feel very homesick anymore. I just had a weird spell of homesickness for a moment. But I am really trying to find how to help her. It's funny though! I feel like the Lord's hand was definitely in this companionship. Because, when we were being trained to be trainers, our president said to look back to when we started our missions and how we felt. I think back and realize that I was just like Sister Laca. And I really needed someone who would listen and be patient and I am not going to lie, I got just that from Sister Tingey. And now I see that it is my turn to be Sister Tingey! :0 So, I have been working hard to do just as you suggested. I have been very upbeat and have tried my best to compliment and help her out. We have been in contact with the Mission President too and he's been a big help. We talked to him on the phone yesterday and he told us a funny story about Sister Forbes that was a lot like my ice story. Only difference was she was at an event at the capitol so she was in front of hundreds of people! :) haha! I better count my blessings that it was just Sister Laca! :)
I have been taking the time to draw as much as I can and it has really been helpful! :) I am excited to meet the Mecham's granddaughter! I would love to see what she's been doing too! It might be better than my stuff too because I don't get a ton of practice in here! But that's okay! I'm sure that God will bless me with learning double time when I get back! hahaha! :) Just kidding! I am sure that it will all work for the best though!
So, funny story again, okay, maybe not super funny! But we have been trying to be more healthy and our ward relief society started doing this healthy points challenge. Well, they never really included us missionaries in that. We went out with Sister V and Sister P and they gave us two boxes of girl scout cookies and jello cake! And they said, "Here! So we don't deduct points for us!" and we thought, "Man! Good thing we aren't a part of it because the ward would make it so that we would have negative 100 points!!!" :) It was funny! We enjoyed a few cookies and are trying to make them last, unlike the whole package of oreos that we ate.... yeah, that was a BAD idea! :) But Sister Laca and I have been going running in the mornings and it has been GREAT! I forgot how much I miss running!
The weather has been fantastic here! It is going to be in the 50's until Thursday and by Thursday it will be in the 60's!!! I am so happy! I hope that warmth hits Grandma and Grandpa! In my latest letter from them they said that it is stormy and in the 30's still! yikes! But yeah! It has been cardigan weather for a while which is GREAT! I love it!
We went to the A's this week and N, their daughter who is about 18 showed us what she is doing for her prom dress (to explain N, she is A LOT like Jordan Boone!) and the color she chose is the same as my prom dress was! She is going to do bright red with it too! Sorry, that probably seems like weird unneeded info but I love the A's! They are like my home away from home! It's amazing how the Lord prepares that in every area! I had that at the B's in Burnsville and now I have it here with the A's! :)
We also saw B. R. and we got her a drumstick (ice cream)! She had mentioned in her last visit that she really wanted one. She doesn't have any dietary restrictions either so we knew it would be okay! When we came in, I hid it in my purse and we asked her how her day was. She said it wasn't too good. She had a really bad spell during the night so she was tired. So, we said, "Well, B, we have a surprise for you that we hope will help!" And I pulled out the drumstick! And man did her face light up! She smiled huge as she took it and said, "Oh! How did you know?" over and over! We laughed and said that she had mentioned it briefly in our last visit that she wanted one. She was in the highest of spirits by the time our visit was over! I was so happy that we made her day! :)
So, yeah! We have had a pretty exciting week! We have a man named R from Tanzania that we are teaching currently which has been an adventure considering the slight language barrier but it has been fun teaching him! He definitely has a lot of faith but like a lot of African people, he has never read the bible so he has no idea what a prophet is. So we are helping him out by going VERY slowly through the lessons because he doesn't understand. So it should be a good experience and we will definitely be learning a lot from it! :)
Sorry for being such a debby downer last week! This week has definitely been better and I am feeling good! 

By the way! We got to volunteer at Feed My Starving Children again! It was so much fun! I enjoyed it a lot! We even had a staff member come up to us and say, "I remember you from last time! We really like having your group come because you are always so happy and so willing to work and help!" It was cool because we left an impression on her! So I hope we go back because that means more contact! :) Hooray! :)
Well, I hope you guys have an awesome week filled with lots of fun and many miracles! I love you! :)
Love,
Sister Jacklin
P.S. Could you check to make sure I have money in my account? We might do a little shopping here. There's a really cool Minnesota store! :) I don't think I will spend anything but just in case. :) Thanks love you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment