Monday, May 11, 2015

Love From Minnesota!!!

Hi Family!

Well.... All of our predictions were wrong... and just when you think that the Lord has given you enough.... he throws even more at you! At about 9:30 last night, President Forbes gave us a call and told Sister Mower that she will be training a new missionary and that I will be a Sister Training Leader. But he didn't know where yet.... and I found out this morning that I will be returning to Lakeville! So I will be going on exchanges back to Burnsville! Whaaat? I am not going to lie though I was really really mad. I was getting along so well with Sister Mower!!! But that's how the Lord works! :) But I am okay. I have met the Sister I will be with before and she is a sweet heart. Her name is Sister Bone. I think the funniest thing about this exchange is that I am taking Sister Tingey's place. :) haha I bet she's laughing right now and telling Sister Bone that she will like me. :)

I was so happy to talk to you guys last night! I definitely was dreading it a bit. NOT the calling part but the part when we would hang up. But I survived and now I am packing like a mad dog. I have one package ready to send to you. It has some clothes and Christmas presents that I received that I don't really have room for. I am probably going to send another one in the next couple of weeks with some books and papers that are weighing my suitcases down. Slowly but surely I am finding how to pack all of the chaos. And I don't have as much stuff as I thought I would! :) I also was wondering... for an early-ish birthday present... I was given 2 dresses that are a tad bit too short for the mission. I was wondering if I could send them home and you could maybe get someone to add some length to the ends. I will put details in the package when I send it but I would even like it if you just sent one back. Preferably the blue one because it is longer than the cream one.... okay sorry for the long tangent.

Sister Mower and I are going to walk downtown today and get ice cream at Two Scoops to mourn our parting on Wednesday. :) I decided that I'm wearing black. Haha Sister Mower said she thinks that it would be funny. :) but yeah. I definitely did not get enough sleep last night. Poor Sister Mower is having a hard time too. She doesn't feel like she knows enough to train but I know she'll do fine! She is going to have to be in a tripanionship until next Wednesday though because her new trainee isn't going to be here until then. But she'll be great! What was funny was Sister Mower told her family over Skype that I might be leaving and taking the gps with me. So her parents said, "Oh! So you need us to pray really hard for you?" And Sister Mower said, "NO! I need you to send me a GPS!!!" :) I was laughing so hard! I gave her directions to the big stuff like the Library and church so she should be okay! :)

This last week was pretty fun! Since we didn't get a lot of running in, we have been biking and walking to a lot of our appointments. The weather has been beautiful! We got to teach P again this week and the lesson was amazing! The spirit was so strong and Sister B was able to testify so boldly! It was so good! At the end, P said that she was open to hearing the discussions! It was such an amazing miracle! I now have such a strong testimony of President Hinckley's statement when he said that the best way to do missionary work is through the members of the church because Sister B is now supporting and helping P to accept the gospel in her life. It is so amazing! Referrals are where it is at! 

We were able to also send some mother's day gifts to P, Sister B, and B. It was so good to see their faces when we gave them our gifts. We gave them each a card, a treat, and a small bouquet of flowers. It made me happy to see their faces light up as we each surprised them with their gifts. We also got to eat dinner at the W's house and saw some of the cutest little baby pigs! And I learned that pigs love to have the top of the inside of their mouths rubbed. Weird right? Their kids were cute as ever and we learned that G has a really bad gag reflex so even if she doesn't like the taste or texture of something, she pukes. It was so sad but funny when she would just barely put something in her mouth and then gag. But she is a smart cookie too. She didn't want to eat all of her food so as a way to encourage her to eat it all, her dad put the dessert in front of her which was angel food cake. So, as she was eating, she gave her dad a smirk and said, "Well, I wonder what angel food cake tastes like." We laughed so hard! 

This week has been crazy fun and we had a great time at Zone pday! We played tons of games and I almost broke Sister Mower's neck.... We were practicing a move for a game that was called giraffe where the one companion does a hand stand and the other holds her feet. Well, Sister Mower was practicing by doing the hand stand and then her feet started to fall. Well, I thought to myself, "Okay, it looks like she wants to bend down this way." So I let go.... well, it was an accident, she wasn't really trying to go that way... so she went into a weird back bend and then landed on her head.... and popped every vertebrae in her back.... It was so scary but she came out with a headache and a few sore muscles. So thank goodness she didn't die!!!

Anyways, we had a good time this last week and we'll try and make the rest of our pday good while it lasts. It is still so hard to know that I am leaving but I am sure that the Lord needs me for some reason in Lakeville and I hope that I discover it when I get there! :) I am certainly thankful that the Lord gave me so much time in Anoka and we'll see how long I'll be in Lakeville! :) 
I love you and hope you have a good week! ;)

Love,

Sister Jacklin
Our honorary Grandma!


Zone p-day activity. She had 8 in her mouth:)

Sister Jacklin & Sister Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment