Monday, May 25, 2015

Love from Minnesota!!!

Hi family!!!

I am so happy to hear about all the cool things that you are doing! Yeah I don't think that I will be able to get you my address until at least July because we need to be out our member home by July 1st so we could be in their home until July 1st or we could find a place tomorrow! :) who knows? So for now, it would be best to just send stuff to the Mission Office for now. They'll get it to me pretty fast. 

I am having a good time here with Sister Bone. We have been super duper busy! I have had so much fun though! We took a super long drive down to Mankato which was over 100 miles round trip to help out at their district meeting. It was definitely somewhere that we needed to be to support the elders and sisters there. There are only 2 sets of missionaries and they feel super overwhelmed right now. We listened to some nice talks on the way too and had a good conversation.

We had our first exchange as well. We exchanged with the Apple Valley sisters and I went to Apple Valley with Sister Dumas who was in the MTC with Sister Lacanienta. Sister Bone asked me to help her to open up and get her to have fun with the work. So the minute we got in the car, we hit it right off and both talked about how Sister Lacanienta has a boyfriend. :) It was fun! :) She is such an amazing sister and she also was not keen on serving a mission for a while too. :) We laughed really hard. I think Sister Dumas thinks I'm crazy. :) hahahaha! We also got to go to the district meeting of the district I used to be in and we had so much fun! I was in a super random mood and I looked at a bottle that had the breast cancer logo on it and the only things that came out of my mouth were "Oh look! Cancer!" Sister Bone laughed so hard! I didn't realize how weird that sounded until it came out of my mouth. :) We had a ton of fun though and then Sister Dumas told me that when she found out that I would be working with her for the day, that she was excited. That me feel good.

Our teaching has been going good. We have been working on getting the branch stronger. It's hard because, like most areas, they have problems with cliques. They are so small that it is a serious problem. So we are working really hard. We have had a lot of fun though! We have some really solid elders that we are working with in the ward so it is really good! I love working with the people here! Our bishop in the Lakeville ward has been bishop for 6 years!!! He is so cool! We had a long conversation on the atonement and the power of the priesthood. He told us to never confuse the power of the priesthood with the offices of the priesthood. It was really nice. We are living at our branch president's house so we have contact with him everyday and it's nice. He is working really hard on getting the branch to do the work on finding YSA for us to teach because we can't exactly tract out YSA. So he is a good thing for the branch to have.

We have a few people that are set up to be baptized by July at the latest and we are working super hard on getting them ready. We have a super sweet girl named N who is about 14 that wants to be baptized but her mother hasn't given written permission yet. She is okay with her being baptized but we need written consent. So we are going to meet her mom on Wednesday... well... I guess Sister Bone will because I will be going with Sister Remirez on exchanges. Which will be so much fun! I am now wishing that I took Spanish instead of German... :) We also are working on helping M's, a recent convert, boyfriend J to progress. He wasn't interested before and then when I got here, he wanted to be baptized! It's been good seeing people progress!

We are also working with a member named A. She is a single mom that just needs some support and love. So we are going through the lessons with her again. She is amazing! She has such a strong testimony! We got to see her grow so much in so little of time and it was cool! 

We have also been working on a family that are recent converts. Their name is the C's and they have opened their home to some non member friends that we have been trying to teach. We have had a ton of good visits with them. The mom, T, is still a bit weary of us but her daughters R and R, are soaking it up! They came to church with K.C. and they loved it! They told us all about what they learned and when they prayed at the end of the lesson, she asked if they could go back to that church. It was so cool!

I am LOVING being an STL!!!!! I love going on exchanges with the sisters and having fun with them! I think I am doing stuff to bring better unity... I am just doing my best and being myself! :)

My new companion is from Salt Lake City Utah. She has moved around a lot though so recently she is from Salt Lake. :) She's from the Mill Creek area. She likes to sing and do theater and she is 23 years old. wow... that was a random sentence. She went to USU and wants to be a high school English teacher. She is a lot of fun and very energetic. :)

We have our Mission Conference on Tuesday and we aren't sure who gets them first. So we will just wait and see when they need to be paid for. So we don't know.... It will work out though!

I don't think I need anything else right now. But I'll let you know if I do! :)

I love you and hope you have an amazing week! And congrats to Zac for getting to the end of high school! :) Love you soooo much!

Love,

Sister Carlee Jacklin
My hand was swollen from playing volleyball:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment