So this week has been long but good! We
have been working our tails off!!! Which is good! :) It was sister
Tingey's birthday yesterday so I made some sticky notes that said happy
birthday! It was kind of sad but it's the thought that counts! I also
enjoyed the letter I got from Zac! I'm glad that he is doing so well at
running! Woot woot!! That's my cheer for his races! Since I won't be
there. I also am so happy that Connor did well at band camp! I'm excited
to see what a stellar trumpet player he'll be when I get home! I am
glad that your service activity went well! I know that service is huge
in missionary work! Even if it is for members because really, we are all
working to be more converted to the gospel! And speaking of awesome
lightning storms! We had some too! I got to see what a Minnesota rain
storm is like! It was completely sunny and hot yesterday and within an
hour it was raining HUGE raindrops all night! It was cool! It will start
by being cloudy and then with one crack of lightning, it POURS!!
Well, we met with sister Matson and her husband this
week. He just got out of the hospital since he's been battling cancer.
They are the cutest couple ever! They are grandma and grandpa's age and
brother Matson can't hear very well. So when we shared a scripture, he
chuckled and asked which scripture we just read! Sister Matson would
roll her eyes and yell the scripture at him. It was so funny! Then she
said, "marriage really is all about patience, especially with THIS ONE!"
brother Matson just smiled and pointed his tongue out at her. It was so
funny! They really are an amazing set of members! He's actually a ward
missionary so he is really good at helping the missionaries teach. He
also would take Restoration pamphlets to the hospital and hand them out
to his nurses and surgeons. He also gives a Chastity pamphlet to every
boy in his family as a graduation gift! hahaha! They are awesome!
We have been teaching Lisa the Word of Wisdom and it
was not a surprise when she was shocked to hear that coffee and tea were
bad. She had a hard time with that but she was willing to try. We
actually had a member there who asked why she liked coffee so much. It
was actually that she liked a certain drink because of the caramel! So
we told her some alternatives to have instead of her normal caramel
coffee drink! And the by the next visit, she had thrown all her tea away
and had not had any coffee! She's had a hard time committing to church
but we're working on it. She also needs to learn the law of Chastity.
The second time we visited, her boyfriend was there and she was thinking
of letting him live there.... so we better get a move on! :)
We have been working vigorously on helping less
actives. That has been the main push from the president, bishop, and
ward mission leader. I don't know how that isn't a sign from God. 3
PEOPLE! haha! So we've been working hard on them!
We went to have dinner yesterday with a family named
the Giblettes. They were so fun! She is an amazing woman and has 4 boys
and 1 girl! 3 of her boys were there. One recently returned from and
mission and the others were younger than him. I think 18 and 15. They
were teasing each other at the table and being just like the boys are at
home with me, poking each other and bugging each other. Sister Giblette
looked so embarrassed but me and sister Tingey both agreed that we have
never felt so at home! I was just glad that I wasn't the one being
poked for once! haha!
District p day was amazing! We had a lot of fun and
we enjoyed each others company! We played BS which we debated changing
the name on because we weren't sure if it was appropriated for being
missionaries. haha! It was fun though and I enjoyed getting to know our
district! We have Zone P day today which should be tons of fun!
New Missionary Training was fun! I got to see the
sisters from the MTC again and hear some amazing stories. Sister
Farnworth is now partially assigned as a French speaking missionary
because she is teaching a french family that doesn't speak any English.
She was excited about that. I had a lot of fun and I learned a lot. And
it sounds like the i pad thing is coming soon because president Forbes
mentions it at every meeting so be ready!! :)
We also were going to attend the president's
fireside with our investigator Kiarra. She was so excited to go!
However, her mom was very strongly against her going. So we had to
cancel. But we ended up visiting a very nice less active family with the
primary presidency instead. So it worked out!
Questions!
1. That should be good. It's
been pretty warm lately but just in case right? Um... send it to the
mission home priority and they'll forward it. That's the best way.
2. I think I answered it in the body...
3. It has not
been curling very well... just frizzing... but that's okay! It looks
great straightened! I'll have to just wait to curl my hair til after the
mission probably.... :)
And yes. I will continue to be patient. It has been hard but I know that it'll be okay. I just have to
trust the Lord. And be grateful that it isn't eternal! haha! I love you
guys so much and miss you! I will see you in 18 months!
Love,
Sister Jacklin
| We Love Our Brenner Sweatshirts! |
| Miller's |
| Cheek's |
| Selfies |
No comments:
Post a Comment