Monday, August 25, 2014

Love from Minnesota!

Hi Family!

Thank you so much for the letter Dad! I was wondering what happened to you!! haha! But it's okay! I love that you are working hard to be the best that you can be! Keep working hard and remember that the Savior's atonement encompasses our whole day! He is there for you and will help you overcome your inadequacies and faults. I mean, He's doing it to me now! I love you so much and I'm glad that the work I'm doing is blessing you!

So it has been storming a lot here in Minnesota too! In Minnesota, bi-polar is the way to be. It could be sunny and hot and then pouring in a matter of seconds. We don't really have fall or spring here either. Just summer and winter. In Relief Society, we were asked what we liked most about fall and most of the ladies said they hated fall because it meant winter is coming! It was so funny! We have a great relief society and we are actually losing our president which is so sad! She has been amazing help in the work! She really is an amazing example of a member missionary! We had an amazing experience in Ward Council. We needed a member home to teach someone in so we asked and immediately people volunteered! It was awesome!

So I have told you about the Matson's. We just found out that Brother Matson has Lung cancer now. It broke our hearts. He is an amazing missionary and even though he has cancer, he still takes opportunities to teach. We love him and are praying so hard for them because he told the doctor that he needed one year guaranteed to live because he and sister Matson are getting sealed in June. We have been praying so hard for them.

So.... I have a big rash.... It started after Zone P-day, which was amazing, and it was only 3 inches long. It wasn't hives, my skin just turned a blotchy pinkish red color. Like a birth mark. Now it has spread down my arms to my hands and my knees to my feet. Sister Tingey has been really worried but I'm okay. It doesn't itch and it doesn't hurt. So we've been trying a couple of things and praying that it doesn't get worse. And it hasn't taken me away from working so that's good! I just look funny! :)

We also get to go to the STATE FAIR today!!! It is a huge deal here. There is a small town that is only used for state fair. Crazy right? We found a member that is going to ride the bus up with us and we'll be spending the day there! Hopefully I won't spend too much money! ;) just kidding! I won't! (I hope...) :) It was funny because we weren't sure if we were going until 9:00 this morning so in my morning prayers I said, "Heavenly Father, I really want to go... but if you don't want us to go that's okay! But it would be fun..." I told my companion about that and she laughed. We have had a lot of fun and seen so many miracles! We still have our challenges but we are unified as a companionship and so we continue on in faith!

We actually had an amazing miracle a few days ago! We met a woman named Blanca and her husband Enrique. Blanca is from Guatemala and her family are all members there! She even saw a baptism in our church and went through the El Salvador temple open house! We taught them restoration and when I got to the First Vision, I wasn't sure if Enrique would understand. He didn't know a lot of English. But when I looked at him as I said the first vision with as much love and faith as I could, his face changed. HE UNDERSTOOD! I got to see the spirit give him the gift of interpretation of tongues right before my eyes!!!! When we asked him if he understood he said he understood all of it and he was amazed by the experience! Blanca said she knew that it was true and would ask God if it was true and be baptized after receiving an answer! She even asked us after we said a prayer if we could get her and her husband a Spanish Book of Mormon so they could read it!!! We did a pass of lesson later with the Spanish elders and she told us that she had met with missionaries when she was younger. She said she knew that Joseph Smith was a prophet but wasn't sure if the Church really was Christ's church and the missionaries before us DROPPED HER! So the Spanish elders told her that they would help her out and that the Book of Mormon would answer her questions! And she said she would! We are so excited to hear how she progresses! The Spanish elders were grateful too because they have had a lot of trouble finding people to teach. I love this gospel and the amazing experiences that I've had!!!

Transfers are soon and sister Tingey has been so worried! She keeps having this feeling that one of us is going to leave. We are also worried about our district too. We have been super unified as a district so it will be hard to see them go. We are on week 5 right now so next Sunday will be our last Sunday before transfers. I am nervous too because if one of us gets transferred, it will most likely be me. And I LOVE this ward! So I am nervous to leave it. But if the Lord wants me somewhere else, I'll go. Just like that amazing Hymn, "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go". It's such a great hymn. I love this gospel and the mission has been an amazing experience! I love you and miss you and am very excited to show people that cute picture I got from you! Sister Tingey also thinks I look just like you mom too! It was funny! She said, "Whoa, you and your mom are identical!" I love you and am praying for you every chance I get!

Love,


Sister Carlee Jacklin
My Arm
 

No comments:

Post a Comment