Monday, September 1, 2014

Love From Minnesota!

Hi Family!!!

I love you guys so much! And Dad, you almost made me cry! I am glad that you were able to feel better and I want to let you know that I have been quite homesick myself. I loved what that guy said about patience. I have been thinking about what it will be like to be in the airport coming down the escalator just like Jordon and I start to feel like the mission is going to be horribly long and I don't feel like it will ever end. But I am going to take that man's word to heart. Thank you! Tell the boys that I am so happy for them and to keep up the good work! I will be silently cheering for them here in Minnesota! Also tell Jen and Jordon good job on their talks! I am excited for when I can have fun with them again!

So the weather has been pretty crazy but it hasn't been anything worse than an occasional thunderstorm. We actually had a funny thing happen to us this week. We have been trying to teach a woman named Delores. She is in her 80's. Every time we set an appointment we would come and she would have forgotten. So we would reschedule. It was pretty funny. We also got to know a young woman in the ward that is an extremely talented artist. I told her that I am an art major and she was super excited. She told me that she wants to animate for Disney and I told her I was the same! She said she wants to do movies that are like Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas which I think is super cool! She's also super strong in the gospel so she could really bless people with her talents! I have had fun and though it has been fairly hard... okay REALLY hard... I know I can do this if I trust in the Lord. 

I have been asked to stay another transfer here in Burnsville. Actually, we didn't have a lot of changes made to our district. Just a new Zone Leader and some new sisters in our district. Which I am happy of. I will be honest and say that at times, I really wanted to be transferred. But this is where the Lord needs me and I'll continue to try my best to enjoy being new. I actually was super discouraged yesterday and felt like I would be training forever. But when we came into church, we ran into brother Baldwin, who reminds me a lot of brother Hadfield. He came up and as he shook my hand he said, " I just want to let you know that I really appreciate all that you do as missionaries. I know that there are times that you feel like you don't mean anything and that you aren't doing what you should because nothing is coming from your efforts but just know that you are planting seeds." I really really needed to hear that because we had a very hard day Saturday and sister Tingey was very negative towards how our efforts were going which never helps any situation. So hearing that was just what I needed. I know that the spirit directed him to say that. 

I don't think I need anything from you. Maybe check my banking? I have been spending a bit of money and I haven't had time to check how much I've spent... I have Christmas presents now though for mom and Jen so I just need to worry about the 4 others in our family! :) and maybe Oreo :)

Oh! I have to tell you about the weirdest dream I had! I had a dream that I fell asleep in my apartment with sister Tingey there, nothing different, and then I woke up in a whole other place with a different companion saying, " Wake up sister Jacklin! You go home today! How does it feel to be done?" I was so confused because I was going home but couldn't remember any of my mission! You all asked me how my mission was and I said, "I don't know! I can't remember!" I told sister Tingey and she laughed. 

My pills are working so far! I have been able to get them and stay a month ahead every time so that's good!

I think I'm good with the camera! I just had to figure out how to hold it. :)

I love you guys and I'm sorry I couldn't write more! I am limited to 1 hour today so I hope the email makes sense too! I love you and though I miss you I know that I will see you in 18 months! Love you!!!! Please continue to pray for me and I will continue to pray for you!

Love,

Sister Carlee Jacklin

P.S. Mom, could you let Taylor know I am sorry that I won't be able to respond to her email again? I haven't had time and I don't want her to think I'm ignoring her. Love you!!!
 
Oh and by the way! My rash is gone! I don't know what it was but it is gone now!!! :D Hooray!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment