Wooo hooo! Go Zac and Connor!!! You guys
are awesome! I keep hearing about Connor's competitions and I'm excited
to see them! And by then he'll be a senior so he'll be a PRO! And I am
so proud of Zac! He has done so good! I am so happy for him and I hope
he has fun! I hope he got my letter too! I also sent Connor one so I
hope he gets it! I also got an awesome email from Jordon and Jen!
So
I told sister Tingey what you said about the 18 months... yeah.. she
said she's going to beat me if I tell you I'll see you in 16 months. She
says it apparently helps with time because when you're constantly
saying 18 months, when you look back at how long it has been, you get
the best shock of your life when you realize how long it has been! But
it's okay! I am so glad that I have been able to be out here! It was
funny really because we were talking about people going on missions for
the wrong reason. And I thought about it and realized. I am not out here
for me. I never really was going for me. I decided to go because God
hit me over the head with it! :) But then I thought back to that FHE we
had with the whole family, and I realized that you have been the driving
reason behind my being out here. I have an AMAZING family that has been
blessed with the Holy Ghost and we are forever! And I am now going out
to help others to have that! So I WILL NOT GO HOME EARLY!!! I am going
to stick it out to the end so that I, like Alma, can come home and feel
that overwhelming joy at seeing you and saying, "I DID IT!" For Alma was
able to feel that joy when he reunited with his brothers.
Well...
I am so EXCITED to hear that sister Springer is here!!! Yay! And
speaking of people I know. Zachry will be excited to hear this! I met a
sister Beeson the first day here in Minnesota and she got to train one
of my MTC friends! Well, that sister Beeson is the daughter of Mister
Beeson at AF High! We were able to see each other twice now and she is
now a Sister Training Leader!!! She is a fantastic missionary and I
really felt at home when I saw her the first day! She gave me the
biggest hug when we saw each other! I also was tracting with sister
Tingey one night and we knocked on a woman's door that said she had
family that had all converted to our church. We continued to ask her
questions and found out that her family lives in AMERICAN FORK!! I asked
her the name of her family and she said Corneiau (Cor-nee-yay). Well, I
knew a Marie Corneiau in high school and it turns out that she is her
niece who is also on a mission in California! So I know that even though
that woman is not open to hearing the gospel right now, she has a whole
family of missionaries to help bring her to Christ!! :)
It
has been a crazy week though too. We are faced with having to drop an
investigator. Her name is Lisa and we have been teaching her for over a
month and she has not been keeping commitments and when she does, it is
only to please us. She hasn't been doing it for herself. So we are
planning on dropping her. Which brought our teaching pool down to
zero... But we continued in our efforts and have found some people that
may be interested in learning more about our church! Which is great!
Something crazy happened yesterday and this morning though! We had an
amazing fast and testimony meeting! By the way, When me and sister
Tingey fast, we fast breakfast and lunch because we have 1:00 church.
But the spirit was so strong! We realized though as we went through the
day that our ward, though it has been so strong regardless of size, has
really been getting discouraged. Right now we have 350 people on record
in our ward and only 120-150 are attending. So the ward has been really
worried about that. So as sister Tingey and I were doing companionship
study, sister Tingey came across a suggestion in Preach My Gospel that
said that missionaries have been really successful in their finding
efforts as they have asked members to write down anyone that they know
of who they think would benefit from hearing the gospel. Then you ask
them to pray and within a 2 month period, pick a day to invite them to
learn about the gospel in their homes. So we have decided that we are
going to talk to brother Ostler, our ward mission leader, if this would
be beneficial to do so. We decided that we need to be bold in getting
the members involved! And it'll be AWESOME!!
We
also have been continuing to teach Kiarra. She has been very against
being baptized and we had a hard time trying to locate her pain. So we
decided to re-teach the restoration to her and try to apply it to her.
We only got to telling her about families being a gift from God when she
burst. She spilled out all of her fears and anxieties. She talked about
how everyone around her was dying and how no one wanted to listen to
her. She talked about how her birth father wasn't supporting her and her
mom and how she hated him for that. She continued on and on and we
finally figured out why she was so closed off. So we are now going to
focus on helping her see how baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and
utilizing the atonement is going to help her. It is going to be a long
process because she doesn't think that anything will change the
circumstances that she's in but we will continue to work on her!
I
am so glad that I am in the area that I am in. I will continue to have
hard times but I know that the Lord will help me. I actually have not
only been able to learn more but I was able to teach my companion. Lisa
had cancelled unexpectedly and we had a member with us. Sister Tingey
was angry and I was frustrated so the spirit was gone. I told sister
Tingey to pull over and we would go for a walk. She did but kept
complaining that what we were doing was unconsecrated. I asked her how
and she said she wanted to be out working. So I patiently turned and
said, "Yes, a consecrated missionary would be working. However, she
would be working with the spirit. We do not have the spirit with us
right now. And that is definitely not being consecrated. So let's slow
down and assess the situation before we go out so that we can work more
effectively." She immediately said, "Wow... look at you! My trainee
teaching ME!" I laughed and we were able to work harder and I was able
to feel less frustrated that night. I know that we have been though our
fair share of challenges and it won't be over anytime soon! But I have
been called for some reason and I am ready to work to my fullest to help
aid in the work! And I have been out for 2 months already so I'm
feelin' pretty good!! :) And General Conference is right around the
corner which will be amazing!!! I'm so excited for that!
We
also have an awesome service opportunity! Brother Matson has been truly
suffering lately. He went in for a biopsy and they punctured his lung
so he's going to be bed ridden now for a long while. We asked sister
Matson if we could come help clean their house for them. Well, I guess
she's okay with it but brother Matson won't have anything to do with it!
So we got permission to go clean when they aren't home! Which is so
nice because we will be able to take away some of that stress that is
weighing sister Matson down! We love them so much and we are praying for
them to be able to reach the temple in June! They are such an amazing
couple! She actually got up too in church and lost it. She thanked the
ward and us missionaries for helping her out. She said that if it
weren't for this amazing church and gospel, she would not have made it
through the struggles she has. She is truly converted to this gospel!
She hasn't even been a convert for a year and she said that she will
NEVER turn away from the witness that she has received! We love her so
much!!!! :D
I am so happy that everything has
gone well this week for you and that fast and testimony meeting was
good! We also haven't had to pull out our darts yet! :) I love you so
much and I cannot wait for the day that I am able to hug you guys again.
Watch out mom! I don't plan on letting go for a good while when I hug
you!!! I love you so much and I know now that I am out here because I
have you for eternity! I remember that that was in my first letter from
home! Thank you so much for all that you do! The fact that you are so
strong in the gospel has helped me get through the hard times! I love
you so much!
Love,
Sister Carlee Janell Jacklin
P.S.
I still haven't gotten my coat yet... I also may want to put some money
in now for boots because sister Tingey said it will be good to have
EVERYTHING before it gets cold so we won't have to scramble to get it
later. So I will be needing some money put in for boots. I love you!!!!
Thank you again for all that you do!!!
Oh!!! By the way! On September 24th, we are going to a Twins baseball
game for District P-day so you won't get an email from me that Monday!
It will be that Wednesday the 24th! Just as a heads up! Love you!!!
| Bad Picture but it was raining SUPER HARD! and there was a beautiful rainbow outside our balcony!! |
| Beautiful sunrise out our window one morning! |
| Companion selfie IN THE RAIN!!!! haha!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment