Monday, April 6, 2015

Love From Minnesota!!!

Wow!!!! I feel so loved!!! And a little stressed out now! So many people to write!!!! ahahha just kidding... wow that was a really awkward hahaha... and the sad thing is I can fix it... but I am too lazy to do so... I got really close to it as I was typing this super long sentence and now I have made more of an effort to be lazy than just fix it! Moral of the story... don't be lazy.. :)

Anyways, on that crazy note. Did you not love conference???? I was so blown away by the talk Elder Holland gave!!! :) I felt like a cartoon character after something blows up. You know? Like their hair is sticking straight back and their eyes are the size of soccer balls? :) I LOVED IT!!! I noticed that the prophetic priorities were that of Family and the Atonement. It was amazing! I loved how bold they were! 

We got to have lunch at KFC after the Saturday morning session and we were waiting in line when the members that went with us PAID FOR US ALL! We were so blown away! We said thank you and I ended up eating way too much because I really wanted to show that I appreciated it! It was delicious too! We also went and saw Bette Rinke before conference. We went over and used my take out box that you gave me for Easter (thank you!!!) and put a cupcake in it and made an Easter card for her. It made her day! I decided that the day she passes away... I am going to cry my eyes out. We love her so much!!! We asked her how she met her husband and we ended up being late for the second session on Saturday. Well, it was a tender mercy because apparently people decided to oppose the sustaining very openly in conference. What a tender mercy because had we been there, I would not have listened because I would have been so mad!!! People can  be so dumb sometimes!!!! But I am working on it! That's why my New Year's resolution is to be more loving and Charitable. I tend to hate humanity at times.... :)

Sunday was amazing! I was so sad when I saw how frail President Monson has gotten!!! He was sharp as a tack but so thin and tired looking! I loved his talk though! I have never taken so many notes in a conference before and I didn't fall asleep ONCE!!! I stayed awake through the whole thing!!! :) It was just that good! I was so blown away by the talk given by Elder Sitati too! When he said, "Same gender relationships don't multiply" Sister Mower and I looked at each other and both our mouths were hanging open. I was like, "Shoooot, he just blew that one out of the water. No grey area there!" 

Funny story for you. Sadly, in between sessions on Sunday, we stopped by a man named J. who we had taught the Restoration before, dropped us. Darn anti!!! I don't like google! We turned around and were both like, "Heavenly Father? What are you doing???" We were very frustrated and both agreed that this was a moment where no agency would have come in handy... Well, when we went to the second session.... the first words out of Elder Hales mouth were, "Agency is a fundamental part of God's plan of happiness." Okay... we got it... it was funny.... kind of :) hahaha... It was definitely a recharge that I needed.

We went to the C's for Easter Dinner and it was soooo good! We had ham with home made glaze and some really yummy sides and a strawberry shortcake recipe to die for! And so easy! Maybe I'll send it to grandma Jolley for a Friday Forum... or for us when we have get togethers again. ;) It was fun to hear them talk about touring the Conference center and how it was like being at Disneyland. I was laughing to myself because I passed that a ton every time we went to temple square or to the Christmas concerts or a session. It was funny! :) I really took my home location for granted! 

We have had a good week though and we really really get along as a companionship. Ah hah!!! Another funny story for you!!! We had comp inventory last Friday and I told her all that I liked about her and what strengths she had and then she did the same. And guess what she said? She said, "I'm glad that you are okay with burping, farting, and pooping." I have never thought that I would be complimented on that but she told me she wasn't as embarassed to say she needed to go to the bathroom or if she tooted she didn't have to worry about grossing me out. :) Hahaha it was by far the best comp inventory ever!!! :) By the way, for future missionaries in our family and for those already out, a thing we do to keep comp unity is for companionship study, we ask one get to know you question. Like, one week, we asked if we had any weird birth marks or scars. I told her about my belly button being cut into 3 times. She was like, Whaaaat??? :) It was funny! We also asked questions like, where would you like to travel and why we came to serve. Our stories of why we served are the same. WE DIDN'T WANT TO!!! The only difference with her's is that she left a boyfriend at home. :) He seems really nice! :) 

Anyways, we also had the chance to teach Seminary this morning and it was so fun! We talked about the conference talks on families and eternal marriage. We did an activity with them and then talked about how we need to aim high when choosing a spouse and then we had them write a letter to their future spouse about how they want them to be. We then told them that the attributes that you want in your future spouse are attributes that you have to work to have. It was really good! They had a lot of fun with it and all of them, even the boys, wrote a letter. It was a lot of fun and then we ran to the McDonalds and had breakfast! We are having a lot of fun together! :)

Now, to answer your questions and then I think I will send a letter to each of you that emailed me! :) Thanks for them! It was great to hear from everyone! 1) I don't think you need to worry about it. I think it's because I signed up for texting alerts for my prescription at Target. But it isn't anything that I did so I wouldn't sign up or anything unless the mission president says something... which he hasn't so I would just throw it out.
 2) The lessons are going pretty good. We just need to find investigators. Right now it is just less actives and recent converts that are cooperating. We are teaching a great woman named T. She has a little boy named J that is turning 8 on April 30th so we want to try and set a date in May so they can both be baptized the same day! It would be great! We also are trying to get into the home of a part member family. The daughter is a member and is going to school at BYU-I and she really wants her mom and sister to get baptized. So we are going to get together with them on Friday to watch Meet the Mormons and establish a good relationship with her mom before she leaves for school! :) She is a sweet girl and she wants to go on a mission but her mom says no because she wouldn't be able to handle not talking to her on the phone everyday. :) It was funny!
4) Yes I did get the package and the skirt fit like a glove! :) I wore it on Easter! I forgot to take a picture but it was soooo cute! and I LOVED the pockets!! :) It's funny, Sister Mower, when she found out she was going to work with me, asked her companions about me and they said, "Oh she is so cute! You will love her! She wears a lot of polka dots!" It was funny! :) I loved the stuff too! Thank you especially for putting something in for Sister Mower. Both her packages got lost in the mail because of the emergency transfer. So she was happy to get something.

Speaking of Easter. Saturday night we went to the D's house for dinner and they invited us to do an  easter egg hunt with them and a non member friend they invited. So we did and I have never done a more intense Easter egg hunt EVER! They hid 51 eggs in the house a long with around 20 to 30 different chocolates like a 1 pound chocolate bunny and a chocolate flame egg which is a giant chocolate egg with smaller chocolate eggs in it. It was insane!! Brother D hid them in them under the towels in the bathroom, the toilet paper, and even in some wall insulation in their basement. They went all out! It was so fun and we now have way too much chocolate!!!! :) We also got chocolate crosses from P.O. too! :) hahaha! :) We had a blast though and Sister D said if the pictures turn out, that she will send them to you! :) She said that they have their "secular" Easter on Saturday and a more spiritual Easter on Sunday because her kids have ADHD and on sugar, they can't sit still. :) They are an amazing family though! I love them! Their kids are awesome and you wouldn't be able to tell that they have anything! They just have fiery spirits!! They are FANTASTIC!!! 

Anyways, that is my life in a week... or at least what I remember... so much happens that I forget! OH!!! I forgot to tell you last week that I was going to do this but I got to teach the young women in our ward how to draw!!! :) We even set up lamps and had them sketch eggs! It was so fun! Then we took time to get to know each other by sharing embarrassing stories! :) I was so happy! :) We have a ton of girls in our ward too that are artistic but shy about showing it so they got a moment to shine! It was fun to watch them. :)

And I will tell you our embarrassing story to end my email. We have been doing heart attacks to ward members to just say thank you or we love you. Well, we decided to heart attack this one lady in our ward that lived in a col-de-sac and we went up to put the hearts on her door when a motion sensor light went off!!! So we went back around to the garage and prepped to do it really fast. Well, then we saw headlights coming and where did the car pull in? Yup... that exact driveway... so Sister Mower and I started running around like chickens with their heads cut off with hearts all over our arms and hands! It happened to be the member's husband so we ran and hid behind a car on the other side of the street. Well, we decided to wait until he left but HE WOULDN'T GET OUT OF THE CAR!!!! So by this point, the hearts are falling off our arms because we are sweating from laughing so hard. So we went back to the car and re-taped them and looked and...... he still hadn't got out of the car.... so it was getting close to curfew so we went up with our tails between our legs, knocked on his window and told him to keep it a secret (the heart attack was for his wife). Well, we went up and SHE WAS COMING DOWN THE STAIRS TOWARDS THE DOOR!!! So we ran back and waited until she was gone and then stuck the hearts on and ran away!!! It was so embarrassing but so FUNNY!!! :)  It was quite the week! :)

Anyways! I love ya! Keep up all the good that you do! :) LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE YOOOOOOUUUUU! Happy late Easter too!!!

Love,


Sister Carlee Jacklin

No comments:

Post a Comment