Hi Family!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK
YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PICTURES!!! I actually bought a photo album at
Walmart for them and some other pictures that I have picked up on the
mission! :) I loved them so much! ESPECIALLY the ones from the XC team
and the young women! And WOW! I don't recognize even half of them
anymore! And wow! Brook and Cassidey look BEAUTIFUL!!! And I have a
question.... did Brian and Melissa get a puppy? I am so glad that you
guys did that! I also really liked the Onward ever Onward one from
Grandma and Grandpa. Thank you soooo much! I am so grateful for that!
:)
Anyways, I am not going to lie, I about
fell out of my chair when I read the story about Jordon and Jen.
Everytime anyone would ask me about home the first question is, "Will
any of your siblings be married when you're out?" I always let them know
that Jordon is already married and the response is always, "Oh! So
you'll be an Aunt before you're done!" it's kind of nerve racking! :)
haha! But that is so funny!!! :)
So, first of
all, I have a really funny story for you! Sister Mower and I joke that
we are now Heathens! :) We were driving to an appointment when we got
stopped at a light. Now, we've noticed that a ton of weird old guys will
check us out from their cars which can be kind of uncomfortable. Well,
we pulled up to this red light and a boy that was our age and not half
bad looking looked over and started smiling at us. Sister Mower and I
started laughing because he couldn't see that we were missionaries since
our tags are on our left side. So, Sister Mower laughed and asked,
"What do we do? Should I show him my tag?" I laughed and said, "No, I'll
lose him." You know, with my lead foot and all. :) So I gunned it
trying to lose him..... He thought we wanted to race him...... so he
sped up and we started laughing and screaming, "NO NO NO!!!" (Our
windows were rolled up so he couldn't hear a thing). So, in a last
desperate attempt to escape, I pulled into a turn lane and he stuck his
hand out the window and waved goodbye and we both SCREEEEEAMED!!! :)
hahahaha it was so stinkin' funny! We had no idea what to do! AAAh!!! :)
hahaha!
1. Anything new and exciting with your investigators?
We
do have some fun stuff going on with our area. We have a new
investigator named L and she is so fun! She is a mom of 4 kids and
they are all 13 to 16 years old. We tracted into her and then we went
back and got to meet the rest of her family. She has 2 twin daughters
that are 16 named H and C, a younger daughter who is 14
named N, and a boy who is 13 named D. They were so fun! They
all have some form or ADD or ADHD and the son might have Autism. And
they have very fiery spirits! So much energy!!! :) They are all curious
and want to know more! It was cool too because Sister Mower and I both
left Moroni 10:3-5 with her to read and she read it to her children! :)
Then at the end of our 2nd lesson, L even prayed! :) It was so cool!
We haven't been able to meet with her again because she's been doing
some things with doctors and stuff for her kids so she is going to call
us sometime today!
We had Zone Interviews
today and it was great. We talked about conference and then Sister Mower
and I talked to Sister Forbes for a bit. She looked at both of the
necklaces we were wearing and started fiddling with hers and said, "You
know... I may need to go shopping for some new necklaces." it was so
funny :) and then we got on the subject of I pads because we are going
to have to go through the process of moving our area books to
electronics. And Sister Forbes told us that we needed to let you know
that we need to have money ready for the I pads because the day we have
our training is May 26th. And they have no idea how it is going to work
so we were told to give you a little bit of warning. We were talking to
Sister Anderson and apparently the parents are supposed to have a
training too or something so that you guys will know how to help us as
we use them. Like, not getting on to facebook at the same time or stuff
like getting a hold of our recent converts and less actives or
investigators. But I'm not sure how it will work, we are just supposed
to warn you so that you are ready for it when it comes. Mark your
calendars! May 26th! :) We are excited but a bit sad too because we
won't get to decorate our planners anymore.... they'll be on the
ipads... but that is OH-TAY!!!! :)
So, sad
story.... we had President's Fireside the night before and I heard that
the M's would be speaking...so, we had everything lined up and
then... our investigator fell through and we couldn't find anyone to
replace her.... so we didn't end up going... the rest of the night went
well and we had a good time at our dinner appointment and made the best
of it.... The next morning President Forbes said, "Well, Sister Jacklin,
I heard many great things about you at the fireside last night!" The
M's SPOKE!!! I was soooo sad!!! But it's okay... the best part
is I was a part of that conversion story so it was alright. But it made
me happy to see that the President noticed and let me know.
To answer the second question you sent, yes I did thank her! :) She is so great! :)
3. How are things with your companion? Are you working together and encouraging each other?
Me
and Sister Mower have been doing great! It was kind of an off week
because I was really angry at myself... I have been really frustrated
with my short comings and it was showing. And Sister Mower didn't know
what to do. But I finally cooled down and talked about it with her on
Sunday while I picked through her hair... (I'll explain later) So I felt
really bad and let her know that she has been a great help. So, I got
over that stupid hurtle that Satan threw at me. I had no problem with
anger until yesterday. I am so glad that Sister Mower and I have a good
relationship because I don't think it would have been solved as quickly
if we didn't. hooray for comp inventory!!! :) And she in turn told me
about the things she was struggling with so I was able to help her with
what she was going through too! So, the picking through her hair was
what REALLY made it an off week! First, we decided to go contacting in
downtown Anoka. It was going good until Sister Mower's shoes went psycho
and destroyed her foot so she got a blister on the back of her heel and
every toe... Then and we slowly made our way back home, our 6:00
appointment cancelled and then Sister Mower found a lice egg in her
hair...........yup......... a lice egg. She has had lice 4 times before
so she knew exactly what it would be like.... So we treated ourselves to
Panera Bread for Dinner (it's like a kneaders) and Cold Stone for
dessert! Then, we went to the apartment early and I started picking
through her hair to make sure it wasn't just a false alarm.... and then I
found another one. So we wrapped everything up and went to the store
and got lice treatment and I spent the next 5 hours putting anti lice
shampoo in her hair and then picking through her hair looking for lice
eggs. Fortunately, since then, I haven't found any more eggs so we
should be safe. Our bedding has all been washed and we are still lice
free today. But I still need to take about an hour each day to pick
through and make sure she is clean. It has been a hard but good
experience. I got to learn a lot about Sister Mower and she in turn
learned a lot about me :) It was funny because I told President about
how I would laugh and crack jokes about it and she would say, "It's not
funny Sister Jacklin!" He laughed really hard and said that one day
she'll look back and laugh at it too. She told me though during comp
inventory that she was very thankful that I was able to just adjust and
laugh it off. She said that she was really worried about telling me that
she had lice until she saw how I reacted and then she was okay. :) It
has been quite the adventure!!! :)
Bishop has
been great! He let us know that he was working on a new Ward Mission
Leader for us and then he let us know that last week was a hard one for
him. It was humbling for me because I was not looking at the situation
in a good light. Seeing that he was having a hard time reminded me that I
am not the only one that is going through struggles and that I need to
focus on myself and what I am doing to help others and relieve their
burdens.
So, I just talked to Sister Mower and
apparently she talked with Sister Forbes about how our investigator
cancelled and I missed the M's. She told Sister Mower that she
would talk to President saying that if our investigators do that, we
should still be able to go. I guess she felt bad that I didn't see the
M's. I was okay though! ;) She is so sweet. :) I definitely
needed these two as my leaders. Just think, I missed the last President
by 3 weeks. It was clearly inspired that I got these two instead. They
have really taught me so much and have shown such great love and concern
for all their missionaries. :)
4. Is there anything you need?
I
don't think that I need anything right now... I guess just love and
prayers and an occasional letter in the mail! ;) I love getting mail! I
apologize to Jordon for not writing more. It sure is hard when you don't
get letters. But I will send you my hump day picture next Monday.
Because of Zone Interviews, our pday will be switched to this Thursday.
next Monday I'll be emailing you from Minneapolis because we will be
going there to the Basilica, the Nicollet Mall, and Sculpture gardens as
a companionship and we'll also invite the STL's and other Sisters in
the Zone if they want to come. :) But yeah! It's exciting!! :)
hahaha!
Alright I will answer the most important question!!! I think we will be
skyping. I just don't know where yet... But it will probably be around
12- 2 ish... not sure but I'll definitely keep you posted! :) Well, I
love you so much and I hope the week goes good for you and is much
warmer! And not as WINDY! WOW! LOVE YOU!!!! :)
Love,
Sister Carlee Jacklin
| Sister P made us dinner again. It was DEEEEELICIOUS!!! |
| Hee hee, we made these cookies for District Meeting and we got a butt cookie:) hahaha. |
| Tardis close up. |
| Me and guess what's behind me? They built their very own Tardis!!! It is a family in our ward. So cool!!! |
| Our Elders on the bus back home. |
| This one is for Dad:) Just one of the many bridges in Minneapolis. I thought you would like it:) |
| Selfie with our STL's. Sister Magelby is one of my STL's again:) |
| Sister Mower and I in the conservatory. |
| We went to Como Zoo again. They changed the inside to tulips for Spring:) |
| We got to model hats for a store for the Kentucky Derby. Then we gave the store clerk and her friend the address to the institute in Minneapolis and got her friend's name and number. Miracle!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment