Hi Family!
So, I was wondering when I saw the
Picture if that was Jay Leno... but I wasn't sure until I read the
email! :) WOW!!! I also was shocked at how grown up Zac looks now! And
Brook is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am glad that they had a blast! :) So I will
answer your questions now.
1. So, I am not sure yet what
time exactly... We are still unsure on where we will be skyping but I do
know that we will be Skyping at around 12 or 1:00 Minnesota time so it
would probably be 11 or 12 your time. We have church at 9 o clock
Minnesota time. We will try and see if the Delong's will be willing.
He's actually our new Ward Mission Leader. :) I also need to know your
Skype account again... If you could just send it in next week's email
that would be great! :) But yeah! Most likely 12:30 or 1:00 Minnesota
time... possible 2 Minnesota time... I will know for sure by next week!
2.
I did print off the pictures that you sent... were you sending
different ones or the same ones? I do still want the wedding ones for
sure if the hump day pictures are the same! Sister Mower really wants to
see them! :)
So, I am pleased to announce that I do
not have lice and I don't think Sister Mower does either. I would always
joke when I looked through her hair though by touching a hair and then
pretending to eat whatever I found... :) ahaha I feel like my maturity
level has decreased since being out on a mission.... like, farts used to
be gross and now we just giggle... :) haha. However, we did have to go
to the doctor for a rash that Sister Mower has and it turns out that she
has an overproduction of yeast on her face.... in other words, she has
dandruff on her face!!! So we got some medicine for it and it's
working!!! You can also see that we are slackers and I don't have the
Hump day picture for you guys yet! Sorry! I am certain that ours will be
great though! :)
So, I am once again emailing you
from Minneapolis! We are going as a companionship to the Basilica again
and the sculpture gardens! Sister Mower hasn't seen it yet so she is
super excited! I am excited to go too!
This week has
been fun but CRAZY!!! We unfortunately lost Elder Smith, our District
Leader this week. He got emergency transferred to Thunder Bay! His visa
to the U.S. expires before his mission ends so I think they just decided
to send him now. So, he was pretty excited! Not really. But there have
been a ton of changes in our district but it has been an adventure.
We
then went and helped this lady and her husband to move. They both have
some form of mental handicap and they fight worse than siblings! We went
over to help her sort through stuff and she micro managed everything...
I got some serious anxiety out of that one. Her husband is a bit of a
hoarder too so that didn't help. It really stressed her out. So Sister
Mower and I did our best to help her to get some stuff packed away and
left with our heads spinning. It was good to help though and you could
see that she was really appreciative of the help we gave. So I felt
good. One thing that was really funny is that she found an old ash tray
of hers and she asked if we would be willing to donate it. Sister Mower
awkwardly said yes and then when she wasn't looking, she threw the ash
tray away. I had to hold my breath to keep from laughing. :)
We
then went and helped our friend P. out again. She texted us one
morning as we were studying and said that she was done trusting people
and that we were the only ones that she could ever trust. Confused, we
called her up asking what was wrong. She had been admitted into the
hospital and then her ride never showed so she had to walk home at 4:30
in the MORNING! And it was on a day that it was sleeting and cold! She
then told us that she was going to the store to pick up a prescription
so we immediately told her not to, hung up the phone, called Sister
T. and hunted her down! We found her just on her way to the store
and told her to get in the car. We then stayed with her to get her
prescription and then drove her home. You could tell it meant a lot to
her that we did that. I was glad that we were able to help.
We
had Zone Service on Saturday and it was for Earth Day! We went into
Champlain and helped pick up trash from the ponds and parks. It had been
raining and snowing on and off so all the trash was soaking wet! It was
so much fun though! I got to see Elder Wright there who is an elder
that I came out with. It was good to see that he was doing well! We had
so much fun! We also found a dead snapping turtle and Elder Smith and
Wright asked me to take a picture of it. It was weird but I did. :) Then
we went back and they had Jimmy Johns for us to eat :) It sure was
yummy! And on the way back home, we found a sign that said Texas Ave. so
we took a picture and then we saw a sign down the street that said Utah
Ave! So we took another picture! :)
Thursday was fun,
we got our nails done and then we went shopping for some much needed
clothing! (My white shirts had stains in the pits and my cardigans have
started to get holes). So we went to Goodwill and found so much! And it
all stayed under 6.00 a piece! I was able to get a ton for really cheap!
So I should be set now! :) It was a lot of fun to just relax and shop!
:) It was good to get my feet pampered too. After 9 months of walking on
them, they deserved it! :)
We also went
and walked on Sunday to our referral we got because it was gorgeous
outside and talked for a bit. Sister Mower, just like Sister Tingey said
that I am not allowed to marry a tall man. It was so funny! I told her
that I like tall men and she was like, "NO! Sister Jacklin, you have to
marry someone who is at most 6 feet tall." So I retorted by saying that I
would go with whatever God wanted, and if that was 6'7" then so be it.
It was funny! :) We had a lot of fun. Unfortunately, our referral wasn't
home so we'll have to try again later, but it was a good change of pace
being able to walk. It was so hard in the cold winter months to walk
outside. I feel like Sister Mower and I have gotten really close which
makes me happy. I feel like being close to one another makes it a lot
easier to get work done and feel the spirit. So words of advice to my
younger brothers before they serve: Get to know your companion! It makes
those hard times a lot easier when you know who your companion is and
how you can help them. :)
We went to an art show and
auction on Saturday for some members in our ward as well. We decided to
go after his wife told us that it would be helpful to have the numbers
there to support Brother Lambert. He is a potter and professor at Anoka
Ramsey and was doing this show/auction to help make money for a
scholarship for future students. The pottery was beautiful and we were
able to see so many less actives and got to know them better. When we
talked to Brother Lambert afterwards, you could see that he was happy
that we came. One thing that was a problem that day was that we got
dressed in separate areas of the house and when we turned around.... we
were matching. Matching is fun... unless the same articles of clothing
are the same color... we both had on red skirts, gray or white tops and
black cardigans.... everywhere we went people were like, "The sisters
are matching". It was funny and embarrassing :)
We
went and saw B.R. and of course, she had decided to wear red and
black as well so we got a picture! ;) She exclaimed when we both came in
the room, "My goodness! You both look the same!" We had a good visit
with her. She has really started to decrease... she is still 92% there
mentally. She just gets really tired and talks super slow. She sounded
like President Packer in the last conference. It is hard because we love
her so much but whatever happens is for the best. She is such a neat
lady. She talked to us on Saturday about what happened when she was in
Detroit during the time of the civil rights movement. She talked about
how she would walk places and there would be the separate bathrooms and
theaters and restaurant entrances everywhere she went. We then talked
about black people getting the priesthood and how exciting that was and
the spirit was so strong! We then read Joseph Smith History with her.
We
also visited M. F., who cuts our hair, and she talked with us
about some stuff that they had been doing that week. She was talking to
us when her husband pulled up in a big old World War 2 truck that was
painted bright yellow by the previous owner. She laughed and said that
her husband called it the Beast. She said that she called it the
"Divorce Maker". I laughed so hard! We then walked out and she showed us
the "rules" of being a good driver that were on the inside of the door.
It had rules like, dressing appropriately at all times when driving the
vehicle and only smoking at stop signs. :) Then her husband said he had
an even funnier thing that he found in the manual. Mind you, this is a
legitimate WWII truck. In the manual it gave specific instructions on
how to destroy the car so as to not let it get into enemy hands. It even
told you where to put the dynamite so that it would be completely
destroyed. M. then turned to us with a distressed look and said, "Oh
my gosh! I don't think my car tells me how to destroy it! You guys
should go check your manuals! And then call president! I am very
concerned about our safety now!" It was so funny! She is so sarcastic
and funny! She said she is going to get a decal sticker that says
Divorce Maker on the side. :) She said she calls it that because her
husband got it without asking permission.... :) ooops. It was a pretty
sweet car though! :)
This week has been a busy one but
a fun one! I am excited for Mother's day! Both of us are! I remember
when it was New Years and I thought to myself that Mother's day was so
far away! And now it is only a few weeks away! I am having a blast here
in Anoka! I hope that the week goes well for you and that you stay
safe! :) I love you guys so much! :) Have a good week! And I hope the
weather is warm for you there! I'm sure it is but I hope it stays that
way!
Love,
Sister Carlee Jacklin| We all matched today and didn't even plan it! |
| Elder Smith and Elder Wright (I came out with him) next to a dead snapping turtle...they said to get a picture...:) Boys.. |
| I tried making cookies... |
| My Hump Day Toenails!!! |
| The Sisters in our zone at Zone Service:) |
| Utah Ave!!!!:) |
| Selfie after church as we soaked up the amazing weather!!!:) |
No comments:
Post a Comment