Monday, October 12, 2015

Love From Minnesota!!!

Hey Family!
So of course, I am going to first answer your questions and then I have a few questions and to do's for you! First, the grocery store is cool! I don't remember saying if it had two stories.... if I did oops! It was so cool! It has a lot of products that you can't get anywhere else and the coolest part about it is that it is owned by it's employees. It has a lot of salon products that you can only get in salons and a lot of organic options which is great for people that are intolerant to things like gluten and lactose. But yeah! And then for dad's question, first of all, do I look like I am not working hard? I mean, I am working hard but with Sister Jenkins being sick, I have come to learn the importance of working smarter. When Elder Martino was here and talking about the goals we have for baptisms, he asked us, "Does that mean that we go to bed at 11 and then be out the door by 8?" he said no and explained that in order to get the results that we want, we need to work smarter, rather than harder. I think that I have really begun to learn how to work smarter and we are learning where our priorities are in this area. I talked to Sister Jenkins last night and I told her that I have been having a hard time getting my roots in this area. I came to learn that we do things at a much different pace but that because we do that, we are both able to notice things that the other doesn't. I have come to learn that while others run while doing missionary work, I walk and I notice the details of people's lives, situations, and needs. And for the first time, I had a companion tell me that she appreciates who I am as a missionary right now. It meant the world to me to hear that they way I do things is not a sin, but a different and needed perspective. So, yes, I believe that I am working just as hard if not harder. I have been trying really hard to know what the Lord would have me do rather than what I or anyone else would have me do. I have learned that from Sister Jenkins that it is more important to do the Lord's will rather than anyone else's. This is the Lord's work.
Well, my questions are first: Dad, I received a phone call from the Elders in Thunder bay and they gave me the email address for D.H. He is a man that you baptized who has been less active. He told the missionaries there that he would like to hear from you. His email is____. Thanks! I love you! :)
Next, Mom! I got that question about Christmas and I have changed my mind! I would like nothing for Christmas! :) If you would like, I would love a card or something but I think what I would really like is if I could get just a few things when I get home to wear. I am most likely going to leave almost everything here in Minnesota because it is either worn out or not something that I will continue to wear. Not all of it but most of it and I will most likely not fit in any of my clothes that I left home and if I do, I probably won't want them. Not to sound stingy... I just feel like it would be best to wait until I am home. Then I won't have to worry about packing more in my suitcase. Also, more importantly, I only have 1 refill left now on my prescription so I will need my prescription redone before December at the latest. I have a full thing of pills now and I will have one refill after that but then after that I am done.
Well, my week went pretty great! We spent our pday in Bloomington and spent some time with the senior couples in the office, went to REI and then came home and relaxed for a bit before going out.
We saw S this week, not any real updates on her because she is still praying for courage to be baptized so we are going to have a lesson on courage tonight and are going to watch the mormon message, Courage about the story of Esther. We are hoping that we can get her to have a desire to be baptized regardless of the things that she is worried that she won't understand. We also saw B and B and they are doing good too! B has started to read and pray and she is doing so good! We can tell that there is a significant difference in those girls' countenances when they read or don't read. They now need to see the importance of church and then we need to help their mom to see the truth of the gospel again (She has investigated before back in 2003). They really want to be baptized, we just need to help them have the desire to stay active.
We also went on exchanges and I got to be companions with 2 sisters that I came out with! The first was Sister Hunt who I sat by on the plane out here and then Sister Teuscher who I was companions with in the MTC! We had a great time and I got to learn so many great things from them! I even got to go with Sister Teuscher and we contacted right in the heart of Minneapolis! It was so cool! We got to meet this really cool lady that practices Buddhism and had a great conversation with her, she was waiting for the bus so when the bus came she told us her name and told us to keep an eye out for her. Then we later met a man from Puerto Rico who was sent here because he was in the Army and his assignment at the moment is in Minnesota! :) The sisters will be going and teaching his whole family sometime this week! :)
Friday, we did service for a sister in our ward by making famous Swig sugar cookies for a baby shower. She decided to host the baby shower and then found out that she herself was pregnant and got really sick. So she asked if we could help her with set up by making the cookies for it. So we did! :) They turned out sooooo cute (as you can tell by our pictures). We got to spend time with her too learning about her mission and her family too. Then, Sister Jenkins and Sister Richardson, while on exchange got in contact with the dad of the family that we are currently teaching and guess what??? He has been searching for truth too! They taught a really spirit filled lesson and then said that they would come to church. They didn't end up going because B got a fever (he's the dad) and so they told us that they would plan on seeing us for the lesson Tuesday and would be going to church the next Sunday. It was so cool! We have so many people that are ready to be baptized but we just have a few final hurdles to get them over before they are ready to be baptized! We are anxiously working and waiting for the day that they make it! :)
I then got sick on Sunday and I am still a little bit sick. (I got the cold that Sister Jenkins and Sister Hunt had) I am not too sick to work though! I just had to take a short nap after church because I was sick enough that I didn't speak at all in church. I was polite and talked to people when they struck up conversations but for the most part, that day went by in a haze... But I am feeling much better now and will be working just as hard! :) I am glad that grandma and grandpa are doing well! :) I thought those signs were soooo cute! Sister Jenkins thought so too!
Well, it's been a good week and I was happy to get the pictures that Zac sent. I thought his little pun was super funny! :)  Well I love you guys so much and I hope this week is good for you! :)
Love,
Sister Jacklin :)

We made Swig cookies for a ward member who was hosting a baby shower and then got sick. It was so fun.

Making Cookies.

Exchanges.

Sunday's beautiful, sunny, 80 degree weather with the look of Fall. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment