Monday, October 26, 2015

Love from Minnesota!!!

Hi Family!
(Sister Jacklin is being transferred this week and will be serving in a new area where she will be whitewashing with Sister Jolley {now that's ironic}. She will continue as a STL but the President wanted the leadership spread out a little more so she is being moved to accommodate that. I deleted this portion of the email because she asked that some of the items not be included and as she is very chatty :), it was all mixed in together and I didn't know how to edit it so, there you go)
Well, this week was pretty good! Sister Jenkins is on the uphill when it comes to her health, which is good because it is her last transfer on her mission. She has such an amazing desire to serve so I am glad that she is getting better! I wish I could have done more for her but I hope that what I did do will stick out in her mind!
I don't have a ton to write about the week this week because we had to stay in for health reasons but we did get to go to the temple on Thursday and it was a blast!!! :) We went as a district and I learned some amazing things as I went through this time around! I was very thankful for my companion because she really has some amazing insights and things that she has learned in the past. We then went with our Ward Mission Leader to Sam's Club and he got us pizza and frozen yogurt! :) It was yummy! Then, we went to a store in North Minneapolis call the "I Like You" Store and it is amazing!!!! It is a cute boutique that has things from small businesses and individuals that hand make things in Minnesota!!! It was so cool! I took a picture in front of their art wall :) I had a lot of fun there and decided that I truly am a city girl! I love the country but I am realizing that I LOVE living in the city! :) I also have a very special place in my heart for Minneapolis because of it's art! There are murals everywhere and in the better parts of Minneapolis, there are some really pretty pieces from professional artists in the malls and skyways. It is a great place! :)
On Friday, we weekly planned and then went and took B and B to the ward Halloween party! We got the girls cat ears and then we went as princesses. :) All our outfit really was was tiara headbands and sparkly eyeshadow. haha :) We had such a good time though and B and B loved it! :) We then went and saw Sister N and had a great visit with her. :) She said some super funny things again and then when we asked her to pray she started dancing around singing, "Jesus! I need Jesus!!!" Really loudly, I about bust my hip laughing so hard!
Saturday, we had coordination and then we had a great lesson with the elders teaching a man that we will be passing off to them. We talked about the priesthood and how it works and then asked him if he felt like our church really had Christ's authority. He said yes because we showed him that it was and then we committed him to pray about a baptism date! It was so cool! He has been coming along really well! I will be praying that the elders continue to have success with him. We then had a delicious lunch of Tilapia. Sooooo good! We made it all by ourselves too! :) Then we went and saw B and B and made some stop bys.
Sunday, B and B came to church and they loved it! We also had 2 others come! We then had an amazing lesson with them that night and found out that B prayed and knows that it is true! She says that she has a few more obstacles to get over before baptism and she needs to start coming to church more and then she will be ready! We are excited for her!
Well, that is about it! I love you so much and I hope you have a good week! Love you so much!
Love,
Sister Jacklin

Me in front of the I Like You Boutique.

My district in front of the temple.

Our sisters picture with Sister Forbes at Missionary Interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment