Monday, November 2, 2015

Love From Minnesota!

HIIIII!

Anyways, hello! I am happy to hear about how your week went! Especially for Connor! I am so happy that he is doing well! I am bragging quite a bit about him to other missionaries and my companions. Number 1 brag is that he is in the band, number 2 is that he is so STINKING TALL!!!! I ABOUT LOST IT WHEN I SAW GRANDPA RESTING HIS HEAD ON HIS SHOULDER!!!!! He is one giant boy!!! I am so glad that he did so well this season. 

This week has been crazy but good! We came home to a dirty apartment so we spent 2 days cleaning it AND the area book! It's an area that needs a lot of TLC so we have been working on it. My stress levels reached a new max but I have an awesome companion! Everyone in the ward is really happy that there are new sisters in the area. They also think that Jacklin and Jolley is a cute combination and they say that our President must have quite the sense of humor when it comes to our names. By the way, she also knows Bryce. She lives in Alpine and her brother, Caleb, had Bryce as a teacher. And she knows a few of the girls I played soccer with! We are going to work hard to find out where we are related! :)

We mostly had a lesson with our recent convert, S. She is a super cute girl who has been dating a member of the church and is living with her boyfriend's parents while she moves into her new home. She is super fun and her testimony of the gospel is solid. We had a pretty fun experience with her too when we taught the restoration. (We are teaching her 8 year old son so that he is prepared to be baptized). But just before we started the lesson, they asked us if we wanted to try a healthy drink that they drink 3 times a day. It is called Dragon Juice..... Yeah.... and it lives up to it's name.... It is a whole water bottle with a 1/4 cup of Lemon juice and a 1/4 teaspoon of Cyan Pepper..... It was sooooo hot!!!! Sister Jolley and I tried to pound it down and I got so hot that my face turned a purply red... I have really red skin already... yeah they freaked out a little bit. :) Sister Jolley's face was a bright pink!!! It is supposed to help detox and suppress appetite. Well, it worked.  But we had a dinner that night that was the equivalent to a Thanksgiving dinner! So I woke up with serious heart burn and was so nauseated that I couldn't move until 7:30. Luckily we had Ward Council at 8:30 so I still had time to get ready and make it on time for the meeting... :) It was quite the weekend! :) The best part though was getting a text from the member that S is living with saying that we knocked our lesson out of the ballpark. She told us then on Sunday that the kids were still talking about the lesson! :) I sure am grateful for the spirit!

We then did service for our Relief Society President, who sent you that picture. :) We had so much fun with it! It was a rainy, cold day and one of the elders in the picture is from Arizona and came to Minnesota in the summer. We had to work really hard to get him to smile and just before she snapped the picture he said, "I hate Minnesota! It's too cold!" hahaha! It was so funny! Then, as we were clearing out the garden, we found a mouse! Sister Chidester said that mice were bad for the garden so we needed to catch it. Well, we chased that darn mouse for 15 minutes! It was super fast! Sister Jolley ended up catching it and it was VICIOUS!!! It kept trying to bite anything that got near it! Then, as Elder Smith was rubbing its head, it fell limp.... and sister Jolley screamed, "IT DIED!!!" and dropped it on the ground. The poor mouse was so scared and riled up that its little heart gave out!!! So the Elders gave it a "proper burial"   by throwing it over the fence... man. It was sad. But we had a great time and now the Elders call her the mouse killer. haha. 

Our biggest focus with this area is going to be gaining back the member's trust. We have found that their fire has gone out a bit so we are going to work hard to help them to gain our trust again and hopefully they will start to have a larger desire to do missionary work again. But we can see that there is a lot of potential with this area that, with a little work, will help this place to BOOM!!! :) Especially with the Holidays around the corner. People seem to be a lot friendlier around the Holidays. :)

Well, to answer your questions mom, I have the address, but I forgot it. I have a full package of pills though so I will get it to you next week and it should be fine. :)

So, Sister Jolley, like I said up top, is from Alpine Utah. She is so funny! She has a really fun personality and is ready to work hard. She said she wonders why President would ever put her as a Sister Training Leader but I knew full well that she would do good! She is a great teacher too and is always willing to give her all and do the Lord's will! She is very in tune with the spirit as well and has a good attitude towards this new area which is saying something because she came from Anoka ward which is the most missionary minded ward I have ever seen! So she is super optimistic! And yes!! She is so excited to exercise! The cool thing is that we live really close to the church so we are going to do District Exercise by playing Volleyball!!! And we have weights and a workout book for the days we don't do that so we can work out together in our apartment. We can't go running because we live in a kind of shady area. It's not bad but we don't want to take chances here. But I am so excited to have such a great companion! :) I have been super lucky that I have had such good companions my whole mission! :)

Well, I love you all and I hope you have a good week! Keep smiling!

Love,

Sister Jacklin
 
I love the people in Minnesota!

Sister Jolley and Sister Jacklin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment