Monday, November 9, 2015

Love From Minnesota!!!

Hi family!
So first I will start with your questions!
1. Here is the address! Sorry I didn't send it last week! I lost the paper until about Wednesday! :) 
2. So my daily routine... Well, from 6:30 to 7 we exercise, and then study from 8-10. We then do regular missionary stuff for the most part on a normal day. Because we were white washing, we both had to do exchanges with the sisters that used to be in the area for about 2 days. That's a really long exchange! So we were on exchanges this week for the most part. I got to go back to Anoka this week and it was the best 2 days of my life!!!! I got to see so many awesome people!!! We also went to bishop's meeting and had a ton of fun there with the Anoka group again! We scheduled a sister's pday today too which will be manicures, pedicures, and games at our apartment which will be so much fun! :) We also will be going to a meeting called Mission Leadership Conference or MLC. It is where we compare the numbers that we got and the goals that we had set as a zone and we do that for every zone in the mission. Then, we also, if we have a new sister in training, do training evaluations in which we just ask the sisters written questions each week to evaluate how well they are doing as missionaries. We just do our best to help the sisters in their missionary work. If they have any issues or concerns about things or if something is holding them back from being a better missionary, we are in charge of helping them. We also meet with our Zone Leaders and talk about pday activities that we do as a zone, meetings, and also how each sister companionship is doing and what we need to look out for. It is so much fun! I love being an STL! :) I love the things that I learn from each of the sisters and the fact that I get to meet so many amazing sisters too! :)

3. No. I don't think so. I needed to get some stuff for my hair so I took a little bit out of my account for that but for the most part, I am good. I also decided that if you really want to send me anything for Christmas, I LOVE the stuff they have at Target. It's my new favorite store! :) I love the plaid flannel shirts and the sweaters they had there! :) Anyways, selfish moment there! Sorry! But yeah! I don't think I need anything right now. :)

4.Yes! :) I still have Mary's coat. If it ends up not being cold enough to use it, I will mail it back home so you can get it back to her. I will NOT be leaving that here! :) I am so grateful that she let me use it though! Even though it didn't get cold enough last winter. :) Hopefully it will this year so I can truly say I roughed it here!
Well, this week was great here in the Brooklyn Park hood! :) haha! So, Brooklyn Park is probably the most diverse area I have been in! Our area covers everything from Champlin to Brooklyn park, Osseo, and a little bit of Brooklyn Center! And let's just say that the houses go from the Mansions on the Mississippi to the sketchy apartments in Brooklyn Park. The music of Brooklyn Park, as one sister put it is sirens. We hear so many sirens at night! Especially where we live because we are right around the corner from the police and fire station! :) But yeah! We have a place in Brooklyn Park called Huntington which the sisters just bluntly said, "Don't go there when the sun goes down." haha :) We went in the middle of the day and it was pretty sketchy!!! :) haha But yeah! We also have a ton of African people here so I am having to really strain to understand them over the phone when we make phone calls. But they are so much fun and super nice people!
So, funny story for you! I was on an exchange this week with a sister that was last in this area and we went to do service at this place called CEAP. (seep) I needed to ask a woman who was in charge a question and so I told the sister that I had a question. Well, there were these two men that were talking with each other and laughing really loudly and so the sister turned with her hand straight in the air and shouted, "PEACE BE STILL!!!" Let's just say I was a bit mortified.... The men just kept talking and I just tapped her on the shoulder and said, "It's okay! I'll just go get her!" It took every ounce of strength not to laugh! It was so funny! I had to work really hard not to laugh because she seemed a bit disheartened that it didn't work.... :) hahaha! But that has probably been the funniest experience I have ever had on an exchange! :) haha!
Then, to top it off, I went to district meeting and they asked us to give an example of a bad nightly planning session. So, I decided to say, "I have to go to the bathroom" and then got up and walked over to another chair..... oops. Everyone was busting up laughing because they thought I was "pretending" that I was in the bathroom! I was just signalling that I was in another room! It was quite the blonde moment for me!
Actually, I am full of blonde moments this week! We were getting ready for bed last night and I needed to put something away in the bathroom. Well, I needed to go to the bathroom so I left the bathroom to go to the bathroom........... yeah..... I stood in the hallway for a moment completely confused and then laughed my head off! I have never felt so lost! :)
Well, we then went on exchanges at the end of the week and I got the chance to go back to Anoka! We went to Bishop Peterson's meeting and before we had the meeting he pulled Sister Jolley and I aside and told me what he thought about the Stake meeting I told you about. Well, he said that he remembered when I came into the area as a young missionary and said that when he heard the things I was saying and the questions I was asking, he said that I have grown so much! And he said, "You done me proud!" It made me feel really good because he was a great bishop for me and the Elders and Sisters in the area! I felt really good! The whole time I was there I learned that I really have grown since I have been there. It really taught me that I am doing better! :) It was nice!
Well, we have our sister's pday today and we are so excited!!! It's going to be so much fun! And I love being companions with Sister Jolley! We both have the same sense of humor and so we get ourselves laughing super hard! She is super diligent and obedient too so I am so thankful for that! I am a super spoiled missionary! I have had some super stellar companions through my mission! :)
I love you guys so much and hope you have a good week! I am excited to get pictures from you! :) Love you!
Love,
Sister Jacklin

My fifteen month mark.

 So, these are some pictures that I drew in my study journal that I
thought you might like to see! 

 This is just a random mermaid! :) 


I know that the tower doesn't look super good but I just wanted to make it fast! :)
 Just so you know, with Rapunzel and
Elsa, I had ZERO references! Booyah! Smiling face with open mouth and tightly-closed eyes I thought I did a pretty good
job!

 This picture was our first bishop's meeting when I was still with
Sister Jenkins! We since went back after as a companionship! This was
from before Sister Jolley was my companion!
I found my Mom's street.



No comments:

Post a Comment