Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Love From Minnesota!!!

Hi Family!
Okay, so for your question mom, I already filled my last prescription last month. So I will just need refills for December and January. So yeah. I might need about 3 refills to be covered.
Anyways, I am so stinking happy that Connor went on a date with Katelynn! They looked awesome! And I really like Connor's vest and pocket square! Lookin' good! And Katelynn looks so BEAUTIFUL!!!!! She has grown up so much! Wow! I am super proud of his fearless attitude towards dating! He has certainly surpassed every one of us when it comes to asking people out! :) So cool! I love that kid! :) And Oreo looks great! The funniest part about her not looking at you for the picture is it looks like she is posing so that I can see her flower! haha! So cute!
Well, my week has been great! The weather has been very nice and we are just today starting to dip into colder weather! I have been super spoiled when it comes to being in Minnesota! Last year this month we had about 5 to 8 inches of snow on the ground and right now it is just sprinkling! :) Crazy how the weather works! And I was so happy when I made the connection with the Willis's! They are a cool family! :)
We had MLC this week and it went great! We are doing well as a mission and everyone of my companions that I saw there were doing great! We then had a lesson with this cute girl that lives in Huntington that reminds me of Leah! She is super cute and fun and has two super cute cats. One of them is super fat! :) haha!
Wednesday we had district meeting and then went to this place called Slims for lunch and I got to see an Elder and Sister Jolley chug a dipping container of ketchup. haha! When she finished she asked me, "Why did I do that? Next time I go to do something like that stop me!" It was so funny! We then went and did some finding and then went and saw a family that had been taught by the sisters before. They are AMAZING!!!! They told us and the previous sisters that they believe that the Book of Mormon is true and they also both refer to themselves as Brother and Sister O. We thought that they were less active members for the longest time until we looked in our area book! :) They just have a few concerns but asked if we could read from the Book of Mormon with them and learn from it and the teachings of the prophets in it. It was so cool! They are a super cool family!
Thursday we made stop by's to less actives and invited them to the stake conference we had this weekend with Elder Sitati and Elder Allen. We then went and taught the C family! They are a sweet family and the father isn't a member. We have been trying to get to know them better and find a way to teach them and help them to come to church regularly and hopefully the husband will come around. :) Sister C has such a big heart though and is so sweet! We are excited to work more with them.
Friday we saw D again and had a good lesson with her. We then had dinner with S and the S family. We had such a good time! Their son J, who is dating S (our recent convert), made his famous white chili, which was amazing! And the elders got a taste of Dragon Juice! Haha! The one elder liked it and the second elder took two sips and said, "Oh! That's not that bad-- Oh! MAN!!!" It was so funny! We had a lot of fun with them! And! Sister S made the delicious carmel heath bar cake that grandma makes!!! :) It was soooooooo good!
Saturday, we got the chance to go back and sing "Choose the Right" at Bette R's funeral. It was a bittersweet thing for us. I was so thankful that I was put in this position so that I got to be there but sad that she is no longer here. I am so glad that I got a card from her though and I sent a card to her too! It's crazy how the Lord's timing works! I was not able to send a card for the longest time and then I felt very strongly that I needed to send her a card and give it to the sisters. The sisters read it to her Saturday and she passed away that Sunday morning. I was so glad that the Lord told me to do that! It gave me a lot of closure knowing that i got that card to her. I also was approached by one of her granddaughters who showed me a card that we wrote to her for Bette and she thanked me with tears in her eyes for doing that. It was really nice. I was glad that I got to meet her. :)
Saturday night we had the adult session of conference and Elder Allen got up and asked us missionaries to stand. Then he had us get up and sit up behind the pulpit as he talked. I do have to say, he is one funny guy! Then, we got a great answer to prayers. He asked us missionaries to raise our hands if we had too many people to teach. No hands went up. Then, we asked if we would like more people to teach. ALL hands went up! Then, he turned to the congregation and said, "Brothers and Sisters, I challenge you to have the missionaries in your home each week and have them teach you the 5 discussions that they teach investigators as if you were not a member. I promise you that if you do this, you will know by the 2nd discussion, who the Lord wants you to send the missionaries to." It was so powerful and Sister Jolley and I were ecstatic! Then, Elder Sitati got up and shared a few words and then opened the floor up for questions. A woman got up and asked if they should be worried about wasting us missionaries' time with being in their home instead of doing something else like tracting. Elder Sitati just laughed and said, "Don't worry about that. Did you hear Elder Allen's promise? Trust me, the missionaries know their job." It was so cool!!! He was so bold!!!! Then when conference was over, Sister Jolley and I got to shake his hand! And as we were shaking his hand, our stake high-council-man over missionary work came up as we were talking to him and said, "These are our Sister Training Leaders, they are amazing!" I probably turned as red as a beet! But then Elder Sitati said, "Good! I can tell!" That made me feel good!
Then, the Sunday morning session happened and we got a new Stake President and we are so excited! He was the counselor over missionary work before hand in the presidency so we know who he is and he is AWESOME!!! However, there was one woman that objected the vote and when Elder Sitati got up, he pointed it out!!!! He said, "To you who dissented the vote, I encourage you strongly to go to the Lord in humble prayer." I almost fell out of my chair! He was so bold and his talk was amazing! Our mission president also got up and shared the importance of rescue which was cool because we felt very strongly after praying that focusing on rescue in the ward would help us to find the people prepared to be baptized. So that was cool!
Well, that is my week in a nutshell! I love you all! We are going to go to Minneapolis again as a district and go to the spoon and cherry and inside the Museum too!!! I am so excited!!! :)
Love you again!!!!
Sister Jacklin

Also! We got to have mission president's fireside with Richard Paul Evan's!!! He's the author of the Michael Vay series! And fun fact, the inspiration for the name Michael Vay is from the dad of an elder in our mission, Elder McVay! His uncle is Richard Paul Evans and his dad was his buddy in high school and the kids called him Vay. So that is where he got the name! It was cool to see his nephew introduce him too! :) He gave an amazing talk on the four things that we need to know to be successful and make a difference in life. Here are the four things:

1. We need to know that we have a purpose in life.
2. We need to recognize that there are cages that will hold us back. The first cage was Victimization and the second was Paradigm. It was so good!
3. We need to let go of fear and make the risky choices.
4. We need to love.
I really needed to hear that and I think if I remember his talk, it will help me for the rest of my life! :) It was so good!
Love you!
Sister Jacklin

Us at Caribou with our frozen hot chocolate.

Our raking group for zone service.


Sister Jacklin and Sister Jolley

We were being dorks.
Sister Jolley, Sister Mower, and Sister Jacklin


Bette's Missionary Wall

Weekly planning.... I was being lazy and tried to reach across the
table for tissues and this was the result....

Sister Hunt, Sister Young, Sister Jacklin, & Sister Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment