Hi Family!
I am so glad to hear
you had a great Thankgiving! I am sorry that Connor got sick! I had a
great Thanksgiving! Brother S tried a new recipe of Smoked Turkey
and it was AMAZING! The turkey practically melted in my mouth!!!! And I
discover that I really like candied sweet potatoes! :) We also had the
best pies and amazing food! Then we played UNO roboto with them and it
was so much fun! :) Sister Jolley was feeling sick afterwards so we went
back to the apartment and I got all of your Christmas presents wrapped!
:) I will be sending it next week! :) I hope you like them!
This
week was an adventure! We had a ton of fun on Thanksgiving and even did
some service at CEAP on Tuesday where we threw rotten fruit and veggies
away and sorted the good stuff. Funny story! We were joking with each
other and were laughing really hard because we kept missing the garbage
can and Sister Jolley laughed so hard that she almost fell off the panel
that she was standing on. I started laughing so hard that when I backed
up, I hit a box of potatoes and probably looked like a cartoon
character with my arms and legs flailing in an attempt to save myself. I
saved myself! And the owner came over and said to someone on the phone,
"Hold on, I need to save the sisters, I think they are drunk or
something" It was so funny! We also were able to pick up a part member
family that had been worked with in the past and will be teaching her
husband the discussions! We are so excited! :)
We then went
on Wednesday and helped Sister C and her son to do a scouting
activity in which they taught little 5 year olds how to make mini pies.
Then she let us make our own pies too! :) We then went and had dinner
with the S family and she made homemade pizza! It was so good!
On
Saturday, we had to get some stuff at the store for zone pday and we
were both fried... So Sister Jolley found a bag of bouncy balls at
Target and said, "I have always wanted to do this!" And she threw the
whole bag of balls on the ground--- and the bag broke and bouncy balls
went everywhere! I about peed my pants laughing because we both were not
expecting that to happen! Then, we had to go to Walmart to grab stuff
for pday and Sister Jolley really wanted to hear a specific song on my
USB so I went to artists and saw a name and thought, "Wouldn't it be
funny if that were it... naww! It's not that one" And proceeded to look
for the song until I lost my sanity and took 30 minutes to find it. And
the artist that I looked at in the beginning was the one I skipped
over!!! And I LOST IT!!!! I threw the biggest trantrum of my life
screaming, "ARE YOU FOR REAL??? I COULD HAVE SAVED SO MUCH TIME!!! THIS
IS WHY YOU NEVER SUPPRESS A PROMPTING!!!!!!" Sister Jolley laughed so
hard I thought her sides would split. It was quite the out of body
experience! Then, later that night, as we were driving home from our
last appointment, we were coming up to a green light and I noticed that
sister Jolley was slowing down.... and the light was green. And sure
enough she pulled up to a complete stop and I was so fried I just
laughed and sputtered out gibberish and then said, "Green light!" She
looked and laughed and said, "Oh man! Time for bed!"
On
the plus side of our very fried week, we were able to get D to
church and also were able to pick up a new investigator that is a Child
of Record who is ready to be baptized! So we have 2 people that have a
date set for baptism! We are super excited! :) We also had our first
bits of active member lessons and they went great!! :)
Well, that is about it for now! I love you and hope you have a good week!
P.S.
I got my pills to work! And the lady was kind enough to show me how to
know when I am running out without having to ask at the pharmacy! :)
Thanks for Zac's email too! :) Love you!
Love,
Sister Jacklin
 |
| Sister Jolley made the coolest mask:) |
 |
| We got to help make pies at a members house and they let us make our own mini pies. |
 |
| This is my apple pie. |
 |
| Our Christmas Tree. |
 |
| Hipster Picture. |
 |
| How did that happen? |
 |
| A license plate we saw. |
No comments:
Post a Comment