Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Love From Minnesota!

Hi Family!
  
My week has been a roller coaster! We had lessons with the J's
and found out that Brother J believes in Joseph Smith's story! He
just has a few things to get over before he makes it to baptism. And
man is Sister J relentless! She really wants them to be sealed
forever and she feels like their time is running out. But we have
faith that it is going to work out the way it needs to! We went with
them to the Christmas concert that the Minnesota Mormon Chorale put
on. Hey really liked it and got to see a lot of their previous
missionaries! :)
 
We had our ward Christmas party this week and also our Relief Society
Christmas party. At our Relief Society Christmas party, we had yummy
finger foods and had a spiritual thought by one of our presidency
members. We then played an ornament exchange game that was like a
white elephant gift and I got a funny little homemade green hat
ornament. We also did a drawing for special foot lotion and we didn't
see that Sister Chidester, our RS President, put us in the hat. Well,
she asked Sister Kirkby to draw the names out and low and behold she
drew my name out! Hahaha! So I got some fancy lotion! :) We had a
great time and we also got to meet our RS President's neighbor who is
a nonmember and established a good relationship with her. And as we
left the party, she came and walked with us to our car! And as we were
walking, Sister Chidester yelled out, "Oh! Pam! I forgot to baptize
you!" We laughed and she explained that their joke is that Sister
Chidester is going to get her to be baptized a member of the church. I
am going to laugh when she actually gets baptized. Her husband is a
pastor so it is going to take some work but with the Lord, nothing is
impossible!
 
Our ward Christmas party went great too! We got to know a lot of the
members and D decided to come to it with us and had a great time!
:) We did a name that tune with hymns and again, I got my name drawn.
I ended up picking a prize that was way to young for me and so I gave
the soda to D and then I gave the rest to a girl in the ward that
commented on it. It was so cute seeing her little face light up when
we gave it all to her. :) the ward is loving Sister Kirkby! It makes
me happy! :) She keeps telling me that she wants to tease me
relentlessly about going home but she said she will be nice. When we
transfer planned with the elders, she wrote a RIP on the day of
transfers and laughed. :) It was funny!
 
We taught L on Sunday and it went really well! He is so stinkin'
prepared! He helped teach another investigator that the Elders are
teaching! It was so cute! We also got news that his mom is planning on
coming back to church when her husband gets back from being in the
military! We are so excited! That is my goal for the end of this
transfer is to see a family completed! We have so many part member
families in the ward and we need to help complete them!
 
I found out also that Sister Kirkby is in a challenge to not eat
desserts so that was an adjustment. I am going to do it with her but I
will get to eat desserts on Christmas Day. We are also allowed to have
peanut butter and hot chocolate. They don't count as a dessert :) it's
nice. But yeah. It isn't a health thing for her. She did it with her
last companion who did it for her investigator that quit smoking. So I
am going to give it a try to see if it helps me to lose a bit of this
mission weight before I get home and really start losing the weight!
:)
 
Yes I received my packages! And I thought that wreath was so cute! :)
It is now hanging in our front room next to our Christmas tree! :)
 
We also had Christmas conference yesterday! We watched The Sound of
Music which was the first time I have ever seen it all the way
through! It was so cute! I still have the music from it stuck in my
head. :) it was a ton of fun! :) well love you!
 
 
Love
 
Sister Jacklin
Me and Sister Jolley the day of transfers

Sister Zimmerman caught this picture of us saying goodbye. I was a hot
mess if you can't tell. That will most likely be me with Sister Kirkby
when transfers comes again.

This is a picture of just a few of the elders and sisters that I came
out with. We came out in a group of 28 so I think 2 of those elders I
have never met before. Haha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment