Monday, December 28, 2015

Love From Minnesota!

Hi family!
 
Okay, questions first!
 
1. Yes! I loved my package! I wore my shirt I got from you on Saturday
and I looked super cute! And I stayed warm, because we finally got our
snow around midnight Christmas night into the next morning! :) We
decided on Christmas night since we slept over at the Shingle Creek
Sister's apartment that we would sleep out under our own Christmas
tree and it was awesome! I will have to show the beauty that we found
in the apartment (the tree). The elders have been super jealous of it
since we put it up. :) And yes! I got the package from grandma! :)
 
Tell Tony I said thanks! :)
 
I will let you know if I need any help with my bike. The good thing is
that we have MLC one more time before I go home so I can talk to the
vehicle coordinator and he will most likely know what to do with my
bike :)
 
Well, this week was super fun! We had a great time with the members
that we spent the day with on Christmas. I also loved being able to
see you guys on Christmas too! I wasn't expecting everyone so it was
quite the shock when I saw everyone there! They have all grown up so
much! :) I cried that time a lot more and I think that was my sign
that yes it has been a long time since I have seen my family. Even
though it feels like it was just yesterday that I last Skyped you! I
was excited to see Kylie too! She has grown up so much! I was glad
that Zac did most of the talking too. :) I was so happy that I got to
see him :) he looks like he is doing well. We played some games with
the W's. I learned how to play Bananograms and then we had
lunch. Then, we went over to the P's house where they ALSO fed
us lunch and we started working on a puzzle that was 1000 piece puzzle
and watch "Legacy" while we waited for the elders to finish skyping
their families. We then all ended up helping each other with the
puzzle which the picture was dozens of cereal boxes. It was a lot of
fun! :) We then raced over to the H's home which was the BEST!!!!
We were already signed up for dinner with them and the Elders came to
that one too. The H's also invited the T family over and it
was a blast! We had authentic green chili smothered burritos and
Navajo tacos and then talked. Then we played ping pong and Elder
Anderson and I got 2nd place in the ping pong tournament. :) it was
fun! We spent time getting to know their families and then ended the
night with a pint of cookie dough ice cream and a conference call from
President Forbes. It was awesome!
 
Monday, we had our exchange with Medicine Lake Sisters. I got to go
with Sister Macdowell and we did some service for Stephanie and then
went and did a do or die lesson with an investigator that wasn't
progressing. We then had dinner with Sister J at the 5-8 Grill
and Bar. (Don't worry, we were in the grill part!) And had a good time
with her. We then went and tried heart attacking a member of the ward
and the motion sensor light kept going on and off and then the hearts
wouldn't stick and THEN.... The member pulled up and said, "Hi
sisters! Did Brother M not answer the door?" And I had to walk over
with my pride shattered and say, "No, we were trying to heart attack
you but the hearts wouldn't stick to the door" we both laughed really
hard and then she invited us in for a chat. Our visit ended up being
really good! :)
 
We then had an exchange on Wednesday with the Cedar Lake Sisters and I
went with Sister Teuscher! We did some service and went and did a few
stop bys to less actives. Then we had dinner at the F's and played
with the nativity set with their son while hey cleaned up after. They
made Curry and Na'an bread which we HAVE to try when I get back. It is
soooooo good! :) I love Indian food! We then went and stopped by
Sister C and when we came in, she was frantically trying to finish
some Quillos that she was giving to family for Christmas. So we helped
her pin while she sewed some together. It ended up being really great
and she opened up a lot! :) I love exchange miracles! :)
 
Thursday, we went and saw the J's and had a great lesson with
them! Brother J PRAYED! It was the cutest prayer I have ever
heard! He prayed about putting sand out so we wouldn't slip and talked
to Heavenly Father like he was a friend. It was awesome! :) He has
been taking big steps towards baptism and we are so excited to get him
there! He knows it is true! :) Sister J has been the best Joint
Teacher for him so far too. She has been really encouraging and
supporting him. :)
 
Saturday, we had our weekly coordination with our Ward Mission Leader.
As we were talking about our investigators, he got a call on his phone
from his son. His son very calmly explained that he had slipped on a
patch of ice when exiting the freeway and was now stuck in a ditch.
His dad asked him if he could try to push himself out and then his son
calmly replied, "Well, you see, my front right tire is in mid air." We
all busted up laughing because he was so calm. His mom just sat there
rolling her eyes saying, "We better go get him so he is not too late
for work!" It was so funny!
Later, we did some weekly planning because Christmas was on the day we
normally plan on and then made some Thank you cards, had dinner at the
P's again, and then went and saw Sister C and asked her how
her Christmas went. It was fun.
 
Sunday, we had a good time and church and then went a did some service
for members and had dinner at the T's and then went to the
baptism of a girl in the ward that had invited some non member
friends. It was great!
 
Well, that is my week in a nutshell. Pretty big nutshell but anyways!
Hope you have a good week! I love you!
 
Love,
 
Sister Jacklin
 
Us after Christmas caroling :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment