Monday, January 4, 2016

Love From Minnesota!

Hi Family!
 
So, this may be a shorter email. We spontaneously decided to go to
Minneapolis as a district today so we are frantically running around
trying to get everything ready for the week before we head down. We
are also going to an authentic African store and I will be getting
myself an African dress with the money that I got for Christmas! I am
super excited and will show you pictures later. :) I am sorry to hear
about grandpa. I hope that he is doing better now. I am hoping and
wishing that I can go see him one more time but it's all in the Lord's
hands. :) Thanks for the Christmas presents to everyone! And thanks
for sending the pictures! You guys look like you had a blast! :)
 
The week has been really good. We have been working hard and doing
well on the challenge hat President Ehlert gave us to work with
members and to stop tracting. It has been really good! We are
currently teaching 11 families in the ward and have about 5-6 lessons
lined up at the beginning of this week. We are super excited! The area
has picked up a bunch since we came in! It's really exciting! :) We
had a great lesson with L and L. The spirit was so strong
and I felt like I was being taught by them! They are such good kids!
We love them so much!
 
I bore my testimony in church yesterday and that was fun. :) Sister
Kirkby pointed out to me that it was my last fast and testimony
meeting so I felt like it would be important to go up. Funny thing is,
now we are going to be fed every day for the rest of the transfer
because the members want to say goodbye. :) This is such a good ward!
I will be singing next Sunday all by myself which is terrifying so I
hope that all goes well. :) I will let you know next week ;)
 
Well, I am trying to think of what else happened this week. Oh yes!
New Years! Haha! We weren't allowed to be out for New Year's Eve so we
stayed with Sister Christensen and Rowan and played games with them
which we played a super fun game named Tenzi which was so much fun! If
we ever find that game, we should get it! We then raced home to pick
up 8 Sisters that were all coming over for a sleepover. It was so much
fun and all of the sisters had a chance to get to know one another
better and had a ball. We then got up in the morning and made
breakfast for the whole zone. We then played the paper bag game and I
am proud to say that I got 2nd place :) I am much more flexible now
than I was before! We then all raced over to a bowling alley and
bowled a couple of games. It was so much fun! :) We then separated and
had our district over and played games until dinner and then us and
the elders went to the Mandarin, a chinese restaurant. It was super
good!
 
We have been working hard and loving life! I am super happy at the
work that has been happening here and I hope to continue to see more
improvements! I love you guys so much!
 
 
Sister Jacklin
 
Our Christmas Eve Sleepover

This girl finally learned how to crochet!!!!!!!

Zone Breakfast

Funny picture of me, Sister Teuscher, and Sister Richardson. I was
choking on juice when we took the picture.... Haha so I look like a
radish :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment