Hi family! So, I think my email is going to be going to be kind of short today! I just finished having my interview and it went really well! I just have to say that it has been quite the last week! Yes it has been so cold! And I am happy about that because I wanted to go from cold to hot. So that is cool! This week has been an adventure! Well, let's just say that I have finally felt the knot in my stomach leave. Sunday was hard. But I am getting more excited about coming home. Especially after my exit interview. We talked about things that I need to do to stay active and that was nice. This week we saw a lot of members. We are doing this thing that will probably be our zone focus for next transfer. It is that we are teaching EVERYONE! Including active members. That means we are either teaching someone all day or if not, we are setting up and planning times to see people. It is going to be amazing! I am excited for the zone! :) We had a really good visit with Sister L and all we did at the end was sing a hymn and the spirit hit her really hard and she cried. It was really cool! Then we crocheted and talked while watching a church movie! :) We also had a really cool experience with the T family. We found out that Sister T gave a Book of Mormon to a friend for Christmas and she is going to be following up with her! It was cool! I just have to say that I am so happy that I got the ward that I do! :) they are all rock stars! :) Well, I could just give the normal rundown but I just am not feeling it! I will fill you all in later! :) So, I just want to take the time to just say how grateful I am to have been a missionary! I wanted to
bear my testimony at Christmas but I felt too awkward about it so I am doing it now! I have LOVED being a missionary! I remember saying that I was pretty sure that I would be wanting to come home when I got to this point. But alas, I was wrong! :) I have loved it and it will always have such a big place in my heart! I have come to know the Savior more and more on my mission and have come to see others through the eyes of God. I also have found that the mission really is just preparation for life and that keeping to the standards of the White Handbook and keeping the rules of the mission are what prepares us to independently decide to keep the commandments and stay true to the gospel when we are done! I have loved the opportunity to bring others closer to Christ and I am excited to continue doing so when I get home and receive callings and visiting teaching assignments! Just so you know, I hope to get the missionaries' number so I can keep going out with them! :) I love you all and I want to thank you for being so supportive and encouraging as I have been out here serving! You are a very non-trunky family and I appreciate that! I love you all so much and can't wait to see you! Love, Sister Jacklin Sent from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment