Hi family! Sorry for the butt load of pictures and videos! :) We have had a great
week! To start, we had our surprise visit to Minneapolis and it was a blast! We went to the mall in downtown, the African store where I got my new YELLOW African dress, and had lunch at Panera (it's like a Kneaders). Then we went to the stone arch bridge and took pictures and then headed for home to make it in time for our dinner and FHE with the U family! It was so yummy and we had a really fun lesson with them on the restoration and sang songs. Tuesday, we had MLC and it was amazing! First, president Forbes talked about changing the culture of our mission for the better so that we can become more Christlike missionaries. Then we had different topics about planning and studying and then had discussions about them with our groups and it was probably the best MLC I have been to the whole time I have been a Sister Training Leader. I really enjoyed it and felt grateful. Then, President asked us missionaries going home to bear our testimonies to the rest of the MLC. So I and 3 other sisters bore our testimonies to them. It was weird. It felt very unreal to be standing up there after watching other sisters do that throughout my entire mission. I never felt like I was going to be in their position. Later that day, we had dinner with the A's and had a lesson with them too. One of their cute little girls calls me Sister Jack o lantern. :) We then had a lesson with a sweet African lady In our ward and had a conversation about the importance of church and how it is so different in America than Africa. She talked about her challenges with going to church when she first immigrated to America. In Africa, everything shuts down on Sunday because EVERYONE goes to church. She is a super strong lady. Wednesday, we had district meeting and then had 2 lessons with former investigators. We then had an awesome lesson with the J's and committed Brother J to be baptized on February 13th. He isn't sure yet but he is doing so well at keeping commitments and getting over his struggles and weaknesses. We then had dinner at the W's and had a lesson with them too! We did a fun lesson on the restoration and had a blast with the kids afterwards playing with our iPad cameras. It was fun :) Thursday, we had CEAP and had to throw away rotten fruit and find the good fruit. Icky! It was fun though. We then went and had a crochet meeting with Sister L and now both Sister Kirkby and I are in the process of making our own scarves! :) mine is blue, hers is purple! :) we then had dinner with the W family again and had a really yummy German dish that I can't remember he name of but it was beef with sauerkraut and mustard baked in a roll. It was sooooo good! Brother W told me a little about the Nielsen's too. Is Collin really a senior already?? Weird. :) After dinner, we did some stop bys and then had an awesome lesson with Sister C and then she let us "perform" our song for Sacrament meeting. :) Friday was fairly uneventful, just weekly planning and some service and finishing zone comment sheets. Saturday, we finished our weekly planning and then practiced our song because it was getting down to crunch time and got to practice in front of the Elders and also Sister C. We then went and had dinner with the F's and it was really good! They absolutely spoiled us rotten! They took us to a place called Lemongrass which is a Thai restaurant and got us Pad Thai entrees, 3 large things of sushi to share and egg rolls to share! It was AMAZING!!!!! We had a good visit with them too! They are awesome! :) Sunday! I sang in sacrament and it went great! Sister Kirkby and I were both shaking afterward. :) I did good and I even had to sing without a microphone! I am very convinced that the Lord blessed us both with the ability to do it! We then had dinner with bishop and his family and it was of course delicious! :) We then did some stop bys and then went and saw the YSA Devotional at Sister C's house and had a really good conversation with her afterward about the new mutual theme and the tree of life. It was a super big tender mercy because all that President Nelson said was an answer to prayers about finishing my mission. I am so grateful that I got to see it. Well, there you go! That is my week! I love you all and hope you have another good week! And tell Connor I am proud of him for going to mission prep! I wish I did mission prep more before my mission! :) love you again! Love, Sister Jacklin Sent from my iPad

No comments:
Post a Comment