Monday, November 23, 2015

Love From Minnesota!!!

Hi Family!
I am so happy and grateful for Thanksgiving! So yes! I do have somewhere to go for Thanksgiving! The member that took us to the fireside with Richard Paul Evans asked us a few days later if we would like to spend Thanksgiving with her and her family. We are super excited! She is an amazing cook! :) And their family is really fun!
Well, this week was pretty crazy! We had exchanges and I had the best time! I went with Sister Teuscher again and she and I worked in our area and we went to a part member family, they are in their 70's, and went to get to know them. So, we went and had the best visit with them! :) The highlight for me during the visit was when Brother J came out with his cat (20 lbs!!!!) and said, "Want to see my cat?" Sister Teuscher and I later said, I don't know what was cuter, the cat or the grin on his face when he showed us his cat! Then, Sister J told us about how they met and she said, "Well one day, I just met this tall handsome guy and now look what I am stuck with!" I about fell out of my chair laughing! Then, Brother J showed us a picture of them when they were younger and he said, "Well, you see I haven't changed much! My chest just filled out a little bit!" It was so funny! :) I love that family!!!!
We had district Pday as well which as you can probably see from the pictures that we had a blast! :) I am proud to let you know that I made it the whole time without spending a dime on anything!! :) We went to some of the cutest stores and made it! :) YAY!!!
We had great lessons with the people we see each week and even set a date with our new investigator, D! She is the super cute girl that reminds me of Leah! :) We also have been setting up meetings with active members to teach them the 5 discussions! Elder Allen, an area 70, made a very powerful challenge and promise that if the members had us for the 5 discussions, that they would know by the end of the second discussion who to contact of their friends that is ready for the gospel. We so far have had 5 out of the 5 dinners we have had say yes! :) huzzah!!!! We are so excited about working with the members! Missionary work is going to be done EFFECTIVELYYYYYYYY!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!!
Anyways, so fun experience for you: We and the two sets of elders in our district all live in the same apartment complex. Well, one set has a really hard time with keeping their apartment clean. So we window chalked their screen door and said "clean up!" The next day we woke up to 3 large garbage bags of garbage outside our screen door with a sticky note that said "We cleaned up"...... Well, fast forward a week later, the elders said they really wanted brownies. So being the sweet sisters that we are, we made them brownies! Then, we got the brilliant idea to put Cayenne pepper in one brownie. :) Well, turns out, the elders were all together so we put the Shingle Creek Elders' brownies on a separate plate so that they wouldn't get the brownie with cayenne in it.... well, one of the Shingle Creek elders finished his brownies and took the cayenne pepper one off of the other elders' plate..... yeah..... we got a phone call from them saying, "What in the world did you do to that brownie??? It was HOT!!!" hahahahahahaha! It was so sad but so funny! :) They thought it was pretty funny too! :)
We also have been doing exercise as a district now every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday! And today we got to play SOCCER!!!! It was so much fun! :) I kicked butt! :) hahaha! It is great though because now I am starting to get better and happier now that I have been exercising more. :) I love this area!!!!!
It's been a fun one this week! And we will have just as much fun and success next week! :) I am excited to say that I am going to be getting your Christmas presents ready and wrapped so start looking for that package!!! :) :)
Well, I love you all and am excited to hear more from you and how your Thanksgiving went! By the way, could you send me Zac's mission home address? I want to send him his package separately. Love you!
Love,
Sister Jacklin

The Skyline

This was a super cool mural we drove by in downtown. No idea who they
are, maybe you and Dad would know.

Minneapolis in the cloud cover.
A better picture in front of I Like You.

Us holding the cherry:)

Us in front of the Basilica.

Sister Jolley and I in front of I Like You Minneapolis.
Our whole district together. Sister Jolley panicked and didn't know
what to do with her face... That was the result haha ;)

We took "boy band" pictures as a district :) all but one companionship
and one companion. She wanted to be the photographer and the others
were looking for batting cages.

More Boy Band pictures...

Elders stole my iPad...

This picture is us just before we jumped off the bench.... Hahahahahaha!!!!!

Spoon Bridge Selfie...

Another Boy Band shot...

Sisters at the Basilica...

Final Boy Band shot...

One of the Elders took this super cute picture for us! I have it as my
wallpaper on my iPad right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment