Monday, October 19, 2015

Love From Minnesota!!!

Hey Family!

Hey, I am sorry but I don't have a ton of time today to write because we switched our pday to Thursday so we can go to the temple this week. We didn't do a ton this week because Sister Jenkins got really sick again this week. We did go on exchanges and I was able to take over. Let's just say it was a train wreck. It was great for the Sister that came because she needed a  break from her area and the sister there needed to take over but it ended up being a crazy night and not what I wanted it to be. Thanks for clarifying your question. I was really worried that you were not happy with the work I was doing! But I now get it! :) Don't worry! I am not getting homesick. :) I actually am serving around 2 sisters I came out with one of them being one of my MTC companions and that is a lot of fun!

We also did a really fun service project where we went to a historical farm and cleaned up the grounds for them. :) It was a lot of fun and I got to spend a lot of time with the elders and sisters which was great because I don't know a lot of them anymore. All the elders and sisters that used to be there either went home or they are in a whole different zone! :) It was so pretty and so cold!!!! We all had to wear gloves and I forgot a hat but I was really wishing I had one at that time! :)

This week I really reached my breaking point. I just had so much guilt and frustration built up because I felt like I wasn't doing enough. I was trying really hard to figure things out but I don't know the area yet so I wasn't sure where to even start! And then I forgot to do things and exchanges didn't go the way I had planned and by Sunday, I was done emotionally. I sang two words of the opening hymn and of course started crying. I hate the fact that when I cry, I always seem to cry in public places. But anyways, I did my best to hide my face and then Sister Jenkins leaned over and said, "You are way too hard on yourself! You are doing the best you can and that's all God asks of you! It's going to be just fine!" We both laughed about the situation and then Sister Clark, a lady in our ward got up and said that her topic was on patience. We both looked at each other and laughed and then laughed even more when she said everything that we needed to hear about our situation. Especially with having so many investigators that don't want to progress! :) Don't worry, we were laughing quietly to ourselves. :) But we both told her thank you for the talk because she said everything that we needed to hear! :)  It was really nice. :) 

I guess that's about it for today! :)

I am so sorry this is so short!

Love you! And tell Connor that I am so proud of him! He looks great! I can't wait to go see him perform and make gas station walks to get a treat! :) I am going to be the best sister ever when I get home! ;) haha! Tell everyone I love them and give Elizabeth a big squeeze for me when she gets married! :)

Love,

Sister Jacklin 

Oh! I also forgot to mention that we had to be in charge of a stake meeting where we met with a member of the mission presidency, the stake presidency, and the stake high councilman for missionary work, AND this time they did all of the bishops and ward mission leaders in the stake. Let's just say we were sweating bullets when we went in. But it went really well and each of the bishops and ward mission leaders got what they needed out of it. :) And I got to see my old bishop and ward mission leader there from Anoka! It was really fun to see them again and he told Sister Jenkins and I that we needed to come to a meeting and dinner with them and the missionaries again. :) He was a great bishop! :) We also got a big thank you from Brother Heroux, the Stake High councilman over missionary work because we did that big job without any preparation from them. We just went in and led an entire meeting with people way older than us! It was the craziest and most stressful thing I have done yet! But way cool too!

Well, I just forgot to throw that in.. I thought it was pretty cool! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment