Monday, January 5, 2015

Love From Minnesota!

Hi Family!

So, I have a weird question... Are the boots snow boots? I was checking because I don't need snow boots! So I was really worried that you bought me some expensive snow boots! I didn't think you would but I thought I would check. Anyways, I am being weird. Sorry! I just wanted to check! :)

As you probably will see from the pics, we also went bowling! It was super fun! We also had transfers and everyone in our district is staying the same except for our district leader. He is going to Minneapolis and his companion is training a visa waiter going to Brazil. :) Funny story, our Zone Leaders had called on Saturday saying that it could be a possibility for one of us to train. We thought that there would be no way since I was Emergency transferred. But we were super nervous so we told the Zone Leaders to call us on Sunday and let us know. Well, they called and this is how Elder Halverson started, "Well sisters... it's Transfers... and we received news that Sister Jacklin will be training a new missionary in Anoka, and Sister Turner will be going with Sister Robinson up to the Duluth Zone to work in Thunder Bay." Let's just say my heart sank until I heard him say Thunderbay. We were yelling, "NO WAY! Sister's don't go to Thunderbay!" And Elder Halverson and Elder Ryan were rolling on the floor laughing. :) It was really funny! 

WE ARE SOOOO COLD HERE! And yes, I started wearing my big coat. It works WONDERS! :) And my free boots are working wonders keeping my toes warm! I am so happy! It has gotten to the point where we are getting notices from President saying that we need to stay inside as much as possible! It is cold cold cold!

I also have 2 funny stories for you about an investigator we have. We have had dinner with her twice and each time we have, someone has gotten sick. The first time was Sister Turner. H, our investigator, gave us each a very warm banana smoothie that we had to choke down with gluten free organic pasta. Then when we left, we were biking so we started biking and Sister Turner was like, "Oh man sister! I'm dying!" Then I heard her fart really loudly and she started laughing. Then the laugh got quieter so I turned around and she had fallen! My companion farted so hard she fell off her bike! :) It was so funny! The second time, I'm sure you can guess, was me. We had another gluten free pasta on the menu and she let us try her favorite sauce on it. She told us that one drop was all we needed. She wasn't lying. We came to find out that it was Ghost pepper sauce. Ghost pepper is the hottest pepper in the world. It was so hot I almost puked! Luckily, H was kind and let me try a normal bowl too. But my intestines were done for. I was passing gas the rest of the night.

Okay, I am just loaded with funny stories! I have another one for you! We were going to check on a less active that no one had seen for a few months. Well, we went over and found out that her apartment had burned down. That is how I discovered I have an irrational fear of burned down buildings. I had a panic attack in my head at the door step as Sister Turner was reading the signs on the door. So when we went back down the stairs, I was ready to get out of there. Well, I didn't notice a man came up to us and I got so scared that I jumped super bad! Sister Turner afterwards asked why I was so jumpy and I told her that burned down buildings scare me worse than spiders. It was crazy! So don't make me go through any burned down buildings! I won't do it! :)

We also got to go see a great lady named B.R.! She is the sweetest lady ever! She lives in a nursing home in our ward and she has been a member of the ward for a long time! She couldn't see who we were when we first came in to visit and she said that she thought that we were Jehovah's Witnesses at first so she was super confused. It was funny! She is super cool though and she was catholic before so she sang us Christmas songs in Latin! :) She also can't read or write very well anymore so we are going to help her write some hand written letters to some friends and family! :) We also are going to read the Book of Mormon with her! It was really sad because she told us that instead of reading, she will hold open her Book of Mormon and feel the pages with her hands and thinks to herself, "Well, I am sure that I liked this scripture!" It was so hard to hear! So we are going to start reading with her! :) She is such a sweet woman though! :) We love her sooooo much! She kind of reminds me of Grandma Jolley and Georgia Christensen! :)

And I love my Christmas presents! All of my tights fit and they are helping out a ton! :) They are so comfy! Thanks again! :) 

Okay so Questions!
1. My coat is AWESOME! Thanks Mary!
2. We are teaching a few new people. Actually a guy named K. and his sister L. They both have mild cases of Autism and are super awesome people! They have super pure souls!
3. I do have a direct address but I will get it to you next week! I wasn't sure what was going to happen with transfers. But we are staying so I'll get that to you!
4. I don't think so. I need a black or gray pencil skirt so if you could make sure I have money in my account, I can find one out here at a goodwill or Kohls. I should be fine though. I have Christmas money left over so I should be good. But just in case. And if you could send out some hand warmers? That would be great too! :) Thanks again for the boots! 

Anyways.... I am so happy that you are all doing well! I am loving Anoka and serving out here! I also am so happy that we are at the bottom of bottoms when it comes to winter so there is light at the end of the tunnel! I am so glad that I am going to be a survivor of a Minnesota winter!!!! YESSSS!!!! I love you guys so much! :) I hope you guys have a great week and good luck with school and everything I'll still be praying for you! I LOVE YOU!!! 

Love,

Sister Carlee Jacklin
 
My gifts. I'm so excited to have new sketchbooks!


Our Christmas Tree and Stockings.
Sister Turner and I at Two Scoops.

Us after biking in the freezing weather.

We slept in the Living Room on Christmas Eve.

 
P Day Bowling on New Years Day.

District P Day.

The Anoka Elders. They are in the ward with us.

Us at Sister B's with the Anoka and Andover Elders.

No comments:

Post a Comment