Monday, January 26, 2015

Love From Minnesota

HI FAMILY!

I am emailing you from Minneapolis today! It is so cool! So, I will answer your questions right now!
1. I think a Large is good. My purple one is an extra large and it is pretty loose on me now. So I think a large would be good!
2. I do!
3. I think that would work! I can then look at the size and see what will work with my hair!
4. I did! And I am wearing them right now! Thanks!
5.I will also check with Sister B and see if she has a CD player.

Anyways! We haven't been teaching a lot of people no.... we have found some great people and taught a restoration... but then they haven't let us in after that. So we have been working hard to find people that are truly interested. We actually are going to go back and teach D and M! They have started to open up again and want to learn more! Especially when it comes to the Word of Wisdom! So that should be good!

So, we have had quite the week! We got our Atheist, S, to pray on Saturday and we also got him to church! It was good! It was funny because we wanted to show him a video and his internet wasn't working. So Sister Turner prayed and she prayed that the computer would work soon. After she said amen and we started the lesson, we heard multiple beeps from his computer. He looked over at it and it STARTED WORKING! He was amazed saying that he had been working on it all day! We were all silently freaking out and were so happy! It was such an awesome miracle! He is now no longer our investigator either. We passed him to the elders on Saturday. But we are happy that he is progressing. He has now gone from a curiosity to wanting to understand why faith is important in his life! It is cool! It's funny too because we had to go through this crazy ordeal to get him to church! We drove over before church after calling 3 times and knocked on his door. He answered the door finally with nothing but a bathrobe on and his hair, which is longer than mine, was standing straight up! He was not expecting us so he was super shocked and embarrassed. It was pretty funny. :) but he came so it was so worth it!

We also got one of our less actives, E, to church! It was awesome! She had a good time and loved sitting with us! We also had the chance to sing in sacrament. We sang We'll Bring the World His Truth. It was really good!

So yeah.... we had to have our apartment rededicated. We had some strange things going on the past few months but didn't really think much of it. One of the things was that we would leave lights on and when we came back, the lights were off. We didn't think too much of it until one day, we both made a mental note that some lights were on. When we returned, the apartment was pitch black and the spirit was gone. So we immediately went to another member's home and slept there. Then, we got the apartment rededicated. It felt so much better! The apartment immediately had the spirit again! It was amazing. Then, we had to stay at the Bishop's house the same night because Sister Turner was struggling with her own spiritual well being so we went and got a blessing and stayed there. Both homes are missionary approved and we got approval from the mission president to stay before going. So it was good. But now everything is back to normal and I am happy.

We also did Zone Service which was awesome! We helped package food for people in Nicaragua. It was great! I got to work with some cute little girls from a Christian school! It was neat because they had a choice of where they wanted to go and they chose to come serve there! They were awesome! It was funny because we weren't allowed to wear our tags when packaging so when they asked what my name was, I said, "Sister Jacklin, I'm a missionary for my church." It was funny to see there faces. They looked a little confused. But they were cute!

Then, after Zone Service, we went to a place called the Mandarin for lunch. That's when I found out that I LOVE cream cheese wantons. We'll have to try them together some time. They are soooo good! When we went, all of the sisters sat at a table and there were two chairs left. So Elder Wilson and Elder Halverson sat at our table with us and the other elders sat at another table. Sister Turner looked as we were eating and said, "Oh man! We look like two FLDS men with their sister wives!" Elder Wilson and Elder Halverson just busted up laughing when she said that because we totally did! It was so funny!

Anyways, this week was amazing and full of great things, especially with S praying!!! It was awesome! I am excited for this week too! There are going to be tons of miracles! I am also excited for the rest of the day too because we are going to Komo Park Zoo! It is a really cool zoo that is a lot like Hogle Zoo with lots of beautiful observatories and habitats for the animals. Except the best part is that it is completely FREE! All of the exhibits are furnished by donations! It is super cool! The only thing that costs money are shows like the Orchid show and that is only 5 dollars! It is cool! I'll have to take you back some time and we'll go see it! I'll make sure I take lot's of pictures too!

I love you guys so much! Thank you for all the letters and support! I love it! Keep being awesome and I will see you all in a year! I love you! And I hope the weather stays nice for you! It has been super nice here! :) Cade and I lucked out when we came when we did! Mild winters!!! Yaaaaay!

Love you!

Sister Carlee Jacklin
A Cool Building I thought dad would like.

Minneapolis

The beginning of the new Viking stadium.

A member couldn't have us over so they brought us pizza.

Breakfast at IHOP after having our apartment rededicated.



Us getting ready at 7:30 am to get on the train to Minneapolis.


No comments:

Post a Comment