Monday, January 12, 2015

Love From Minnesota!

Hi Family!

Hey! That sounds like so much fun! I would definitely love to go out to the Fat Boy Factory! You know how I feel about ice cream! And we had a very similar thing happen with our bananas! We bought some from Target and by the time we got home, they had completely frozen and turned brown! So we had to throw them away! But that's okay! And thank you again so much for the boots! I am so sorry I had a freakout last week, I just didn't want you spending a ton of money on snow boots that I already have! :) Thanks! I am excited for them! :)

I also got my hair cut again! I just got a trim from a lady in our ward, named Sister F, who is so stinkin' awesome and cute! And by the way, her friend was there and she sent a friend request to me so you can accept that and she figured out my facebook. So you can now go in and friend request my friend in Burnsville. Her name is E. G. C. She has long brown hair and I think she has hazelish brown eyes. Just send a message with the request saying that you are my mom. It should work! But yeah! They fixed my facebook for me! :) I also learned from Sister F. how to do my hair curly! She gave me the name of a product to use to make my hair curl better so hopefully I can retrain my hair to work! Yay!

Well, the work here is still progressing. We don't have a ton of investigators at the moment. It was pretty sad looking for our less actives too because right now we have an atheist named S. that we have been teaching that is keeping more commitments than any of the less actives are! It was pretty crazy! S. is a really awesome guy and is a fan of pretty much every sci fi or fantasy show there is. Except he is also a fan of Sherlock too but that doesn't fit into those two categories. He's also a huge Marvel fan. So he is a very interesting person but he's AWESOME! The elders come teaching with us every time and they love it! I'm not going to lie though, this one is for Taylor, we walked into the room for an appointment and the Wedding episode of Sherlock was on! OH MAN! I had a trunkie moment! It was hard! Luckily, S. is very respectful and turns the television off right after we come in so it wasn't a problem! :)

We also have been working to teach a family from Rwanda through Mormon Messages and Bible videos. By the way, if you haven't seen the new bible videos, you should! They are amazing! But they have a really hard time understanding English, especially from the scriptures so we have been working with them through videos. It has been quite the adventure! 

We went to a less active lady's house too named P. She is fantastic! She has been reading the Book of Mormon consistently and meeting with us weekly! Her biggest problem is because she has had some issues in the past, she doesn't want to go to church because of the men. She is not comfortable around men. She likes the Elders but she doesn't like men. So we have been working with her to get her courage up. Apparently, she is also very good at knowing people's personalities. She got Sister Turner's spot on and then when Sister Turner asked her about me, she said, "Hmmm.. Sister Jacklin is much more reserved. She is very cute and classy and put together." It was so funny because I bet every single one of you would be like, "RESERVED? Sister Jacklin, Reserved???" It was really funny! I guess I am just really good at hiding my inner insanity. Hahahahaha!

We got to go on exchanges too which was great! I got to stay in Anoka with Sister Christensen. And we didn't have any food either so we had to eat cereal all through the exchange! It was super funny! She was a really fun girl though and I learned so much from her! We had a ton of crazy things happen to us too! We got weird homemade earrings from a woman that said, "Don't commit adultery" and "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife" on them. We also had a man open the door barely a crack and ask us who we were. We of course told him and he said to come back because he was in his "Swankies" both of us were like, "What?" and he said, "Swankies, you know, Underwear? It's what old men do! We wear our Swankies all day!" It was hysterical! Sister Christensen and I couldn't compose ourselves for the longest time because it was so funny! :) hahahaha! So she said that it would be our inside joke and quote. She said, "Every time I see you, I am going to say, 'swanky'!" It was awesome!

And I have to apologize. This week has been crazy... so I forgot to get the address for you. I will send you a letter with my home address in it. You should get it soon. I am so sorry! I keep forgetting things. I have not moved my prescription yet but I am doing it today. I am so sorry I am not on top of things. It has been crazy. 

Oh! And about the cold, it is pretty fun! It's funny, after it hits a certain temperature, it all feels the same. Cold. Just plain old cold. It is a really weird feeling too because we will go out into the cold for just a few minutes and it feels like any other cold, until all of a sudden, your BONES hurt! It really does get right to the bone! It's crazy! I love it though and we heard that by Wednesday the temps will be up in the 30's! YAY! It will feel really good! I am excited!

And no, I haven't been running. It's been too cold in the mornings to run. However, I wrote down workouts and have been doing really good! I have managed to get a good workout every morning this week. Plus, our STL, Sister Smith, has a book with all sorts of Pinterest workouts that we will be making copies of because it is too cold to go outside in the morning. So we are going to get good workouts! And the same friend that I mentioned that fixed my facebook wrote down some healthy recipes from pinterest and she is even buying us some food for us that you can't get in our area that is super healthy! It's going to be great! :) My companion kind of obsesses right now over her weight and I am not going to lie, I have reached a breaking point so I think that was an answer to my prayer. It was really hard focusing on the work with a constant, "I feel like a whale" comment. And I had no idea what to do to fix it other than a better workout so that girl was a huge help! I always hate when I don't feel like I can help with anything that someone is struggling with. So I was so grateful!

I also started this great thing for my year and that is a daily gratitude journal. I start the entry, of course, with what I am grateful for and then I enter 5 things that I like about my companion. It has been helping me out a ton! I have found that I am a lot happier and more patient when I start my day with that! So thank goodness!

I also will have the chance this transfer to go to a basilica in Minneapolis! We are going to be going with the STL's because Sister Terry was Sister Smith's companion before. So it will be the same basilica that Sister Terry recommended for me to see! I am so excited! We are also going to go to the Komo Park Zoo as a district and tour a bit of Minneapolis too! AND THE TEMPLE! I am so excited! It's going to be fun!

By the way, you don't need to feel rushed on the hand warmers. We just got some from some members at a dinner appointment so I'll let you know when to send some out! :) The biggest things that work are hand and toe warmers. So I'll let you know when I will be needing them. For now, I am good! :)

Anyways, I can't think of anything else. It has been a crazy week and I think I need to write down next time what I want to say so I don't leave anything out! Anyways, I love you guys so much! Stay warm and stay safe! I love you and pray for you every day!


Love,  


Sister Carlee Jacklin

No comments:

Post a Comment