Monday, January 19, 2015

Love From Minnesota!

Hi Family!

Thanks for all the cool notes! I love hearing from you guys and what you are doing! I laughed super hard as I tried to imagine Dad with teeny tiny little 5 year olds! Cute! Hahahhahaha :D I want a picture of him with his class! :) Oh! and if you can, you should send me a picture of the decorations for the activity! It sounds really cool! I love the new youth theme! It's going to be on my new planner! :) I'll send a picture when I am finished! I am also rooting for Zac to do well in his AP courses! He'll be great! And I wish Connor the best of luck with band and Drum Major Tryouts! I am sure he'll be great wherever he is! I can't wait to hear him! :)

So, let's just say that this week was CRAZY!!!! So, I will start with some shocking and sad news. So, I got a call from Sister Smith, my STL, and she just wanted to check up on me and Sister Turner. Then, she told me that she had been talking to Sister Terry recently and found out something interesting about Sister L. Now, Sister L was a Less Active that I was helping to get to the Temple before getting emergency transferred. Well, Sister Terry was at a baptism and Sister L got up in the middle of a lesson and said, "I just wanted to let you know that Jesus Christ was not perfect because He was mortal. His soul was perfect." And then she sat down. Well, no one was really bothered and just went on through the baptism. Well, the next day was Sunday and Sister L got up and told the entire congregation that she was Jesus and that she was the way and that everyone should follow her. I was like, "WHAAAAAAT? YOU'RE JOKING RIGHT???" She was on her way to the temple! So yeah, I had the opportunity to talk to Sister Terry about it and it turns out that Sister L went off her Bi polar medication and her mind got a little twisted.... it was really sad but I hope she gets better! Sister Terry seems to be okay. She said that they had to drop every investigator that they had and completely start over! It was crazy!

On that crazy note! I had some amazing personal experiences this week. So, Sister Turner and I were both having a hard time this past week and we decided that we would get blessings. I had decided this because I had felt a sudden disconnect. I kind of felt like God wasn't really there or paying attention or that He didn't care. We both decided that Bishop Petersen would be the right person for the job. So, I expected this blessing to be one of counsel and what things I needed to do to improve. And that's just how it started. I had received some amazing counsel like the importance of remembering the words in the Doctrine and Covenants Section 4. So I was thinking, "Yep, just what I expected" Then, Bishop said this, "In times of trial or disconnect, remember and study the counsel in Doctrine and Covenants given to Oliver Cowdery in his time of doubt and need." I opened my eyes and my mouth fell wide open!!!! I was shocked! It was D&C 6!!!! That scripture was one that took me out of a very dark place in my life and has been an anchor and amazing strength to me! And Bishop knew nothing about me! I was shocked! And that is when the though came into my mind, "I am always here Sister Jacklin. I never left." It was amazing! I have not had an experience like that in a long time!!! I felt that truly I was God's daughter and He was keeping a very close eye on me. Little did I know, what I truly needed was not just counsel, but a witness that God was there and that his love is real. It was amazing. I will never forget it!

I also had the chance this week to attend President's Fireside for the first time! We got to take S, our atheist friend, and he loved it! I also got to sit next to the daughter of the member that took us and she is really into art so she let me look over her shoulder as she drew and then after the fireside, she explained what her art was to me! It was awesome! :) She's really good too! And... drum roll... I got to see people from Burnsville! I got to see Sister Terry, and goodness gracious, I thought she was going to pop my head off she hugged me so hard! :) It was interesting because she said to me before she left that she had been praying to Heavenly Father for just one companion that she meshed well with. And she said that it was me! It was cool to know that I was an answer to her prayer! I also got to see Sister Giblette and Sister Matson from the Burnsville ward! They told me about how they were all shocked when one day I was there and the next, poof! I was gone without a single notice! But it was good to see them again! I am going to get approval to write the M's from President tomorrow! I also got to see Sister Tingey! She was so happy to see me! She asked me how I was doing and asked how training went. I was so happy to see her I think I looked like a fool! hahaha! It was so good though! We gave each other a HUGE hug!

Overrall, it was a pretty awesome week! And I am so glad that I got to talk to you too! It felt like an age ago! This week felt a bit slow. It's probably because it got so WARM! It was a whole 30 to 40 degrees!!! Jacket weather!!! yay! But yeah! It was a nice break from the freezing temps. 

We got to teach B.R. again and share the Book of Mormon story about The Brother of Jared. She LOVED it! I always love going and reading with her! She loves the missionaries! I do have to say though that it is always so hard leaving her! She always hates to say goodbye! It was really hard! She is such a sweet lady! She actually said that she had a mustard seed necklace when she was a little girl and so I told her about mine! I wasn't wearing it that day so we told her that when we came the next week that I would show it to her! :)

I am also making a big effort to write in my journal every single day! Our Bishop even told us that one thing that he did that he didn't regret was also writing what time we were writing at too! It has been really good so far! I just hope I can keep it up! Also, I know this may sound dumb but would it be possible for you to put my pictures from my mission so far into a backup drive and maybe even my emails? I just really don't want to lose them! Some are from cameras that weren't mine. If that is possible I would love that! If not, it's totally cool! I just want to hold onto as much as my mission as possible so I can look back at it too! Our Bishop really stressed that to us! But yeah! I will be sending my 6 month picture home soon for my missionary book that I want to make when I am done! :) It should be fun!

Well, I can't think of anything else at the moment. We are going to be teaching some great people tonight and it will be great! I am also excited to let you know that I am going to be eating much healthier now! Sister Turner is in a competition right now with Elder Smith. It is that they both can't have any sugar except at a member's home if dessert is offered. So, I decided that the best way for her to win is to keep sugar out of the house. So now I am pretty much doing the same thing! The loser has to buy the other missionary dinner by the way. It has been really funny because we get random calls or texts from Elder Smith saying, "Does goldfish have sugar in it?" or "If it says 0g of Sugar, does that mean there is no sugar in it?" I am dying of laughter everytime I get it. So, as a joke, Sister Turner sent a text to him saying, "Hey Elders, do chocolate almonds have any sugar in them? :)" They were pretty confused because they thought she was serious. It was funny! But yeah! It has been an adventure!

Sister Turner also owes me a hot chocolate too! I have kept the tradition alive that whoever slips on the ice and falls owes the other hot chocolate. And as we were leaving a door step, she slipped and biffed it. And I cheered!!! :) hahaha! 

Oh my goodness! HERE'S  a funny story for you! So, we knocked on a door yesterday and a dog came and jumped up on it barking. The door had a window that was frosted so you could see the dog's out line. Well, we rang the doorbell after a few seconds and then a face appeared. Well, being the blonde that I am, I ALMOST stroked the door saying (now you have to say this in my Oreo voice), "Aww who's a good puppy??" Well, the little voice of logic in my head kicked in and I saw it was a man's face! I was laughing so hard! I about stroked the window of some guy's face! It was really funny! They didn't answer the door which was kind of a bummer but it was funny! 
Then, we went to see a less active family on our way to Ramsey. So we were talking about my almost stroking this man's face and Sister Turner decided to imitate me at the door. Well, just as she was doing that, a face again ominously appeared at the door through the glass of the door. I leaned over to Sister Turner and whispered, "Sister Turner, there's someone looking through the door!" And she said, "YAH! And you almost stroked his face!" and kept laughing, so again I said, "NO! REALLY! There's someone looking at us right NOW!" she realized and was like, "What?? Oh! Oh no!" Then we both busted up laughing because I was trying to tell her and she ended up stroking this person's door as they were looking through it! hahahahhaha! It was awesome! The person at the door ended up not being the family. It was their mother house sitting for them so we will try again later. But it was great!!!!

Anyways, enough of my rambles! I love you guys so much! Thank you so much for the support and care you've given me! Keep going strong and have an awesome week! I love you guys so much and I will see you in a year! :)

Love,

Sister Carlee Jacklin

P.S. This is very trivial, but if you could, could you send out the really small curling iron and also a black or gray pencil skirt? They are not something I need super bad but my black skirt is starting to slowly die. If you could, that would be great! LOVE YOU!!! I am also sending your Christmas package soon so be on the lookout for it! :)
 
A lady in our ward had a ton of winter clothes to give to those in the ward that need them. This purple ski mask came in it and we tried to get a picture of Elder Smith with it on and this was the result. haha! :)

I meant to send this one earlier but forgot! I love this picture! This was a giant gummy bear that Elder Morgan found at ACBC. I love his face in it! Sooo funny!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment