Hi Family! Thanks for the awesome present! So funny story... I am pretty positive I am a Disney princess. Just So ya know.... The reason is because this week I have had a butterfly land on my shoulder, held a dragon fly, and a frog keeps showing up on our doorstep trying to get into the house. Well, our little froggy friend was trying to get into the house again so I opened the screen door to grab him and the package you sent me was on the other side. I didn't see it. And it fell on him.... But when I lifted the box, he wasn't dead, he just peed a little bit and hopped away. It was funny. I wrote the butterfly story later in the email. But thanks so much! I am wearing the skirt right now. We also had a lunch with Sister Forbes at Panera Bread (Kneaders is better). :) We took some pictures with her and she bought me a little pastry for my birthday. We invited the Burnsville Sisters to join us and that was a ton of fun. :) This week has been quite an adventure. It's been one of those weeks that leaves your head spinning. We had our zone pday down south and we had a blast! We played volleyball and soccer and had sooooo much fun! We the had our exchange with the St. Peter Sisters and I went with Sister Thatcher and had a blast! She was trained by Sister Farnworth, who I came out with. As we were tracting on Monday night, I was talking to Sister Thatcher and she stopped and said, "Sister! You have a butterfly on your shoulder!" And sure enough, there was a cute little orange and black butterfly on my shoulder, we tried to get a picture but it flew away just as she got out her camera. Then, that night after working as we waited for the other sisters to get back, we tried to catch fireflies, and I caught one for a few seconds! They are everywhere right now and they look beautiful! We had a blast though and we saw a ton of miracles! On Wednesday, we had our last District meeting with Hermana Ramirez. We surprised her with a piƱata and then went to Buffalo Wild Wings for her last district lunch because it's her favorite. On Thursday, we had an exchange with the Lakeville Spanish sisters and I stayed in Lakeville with Hermana Fastidio. We had a really good time and ended up having a super powerful lesson with D.L., our recent convert of January. Hermana Fastidio is a fireball! We had dinner with our Ward Mission Leader and his family and they remind me so much of our family. They even had a super tall boy that reminds me so much of Connor! It was so much fun! They all teased each other but you could see that they did it because they loved each other. I had so much fun with them! The rest of the week consisted of putting about 2 years worth of information from our paper area books into the iPads. It was so tedious! We ended up all going to the church together as missionaries and had an "Area Book Party" which was not much of a party. We just played hymns and brought snacks and just typed and typed. We still aren't quite done so we will be trying to fit that into our schedule. The good thing though is we still managed to fit 2 meetings in with N and her mom said YES to her getting baptized! She'll be baptized on August 1st. We are super excited for her! She is only 15 but she has read the Book of Mormon twice and has a super strong testimony of t he Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith! We are just teaching her about the laws and ordinances and commandments. She already lives the Word of Wisdom and even asked us to teach her mother the Word of Wisdom! It was so cool! She is going to be an example for the rest of her family! We also made it to President's Fireside and the testimonies that were given were amazing! We got to hear the testimony of a recent convert that Sister Kirkby taught and an amazing story of a man who had a rough life from being a gang member to finding the church and becoming a super strong member of the church. N really enjoyed it. I also got to see Sister Mower and Y, a little 8 year old girl that we had been teaching in Anoka and the Andersons! I was so excited to see them! I also got to say hi to Brother M and he was so happy to see all of us sisters together that had helped teach them like Sister Tingey and Sister Sperry. :) Anyways, that was about the extent of my week!
P.S. Oh! And to answer your questions Yes I have been having an awesome birthday! We are having zone pday and we will be tie dying shirts! I am so excited. The teaching is going good. We haven't done much because of the area book but we are excited for N's baptism! Then we will be on the look out for more prepared people! No there is not anything I need! By the way, don't stress about a yellow case if you can't find yellow! Pink is a good second! I trust that what you pick will be the best! Everything you have picked has been exactly what I have asked for! :) I love you!
| Awesome Panorama of the Stadium |
| Baptism Selfie |
| This is what happens when the Elders learn that there is a Sister Sleepover... |
| Elders #2 |
| Elders #3 |
| Elders #4 |
| Twins Game |
| At the BWW. The man in the gray suit is our ward mission leader. He found his missionary tag and wanted to take a missionary picture. |
| Our Bible Study Group. |
| Our last district meeting with Hermana Ramirez. She's the one with the bat. |
| Our Sister Sleepover |
| More Sister Sleepover |
| After lunch at Panera. |
| Sister Kirkby found me this picture. |
| Sister Kirkby made me pancakes. |
| Part of the Missionary section at the Twins game. |
| Us on the metro after the game. |
No comments:
Post a Comment