So, I am really happy to hear that all is
going well! I am also glad that Zac was excited to go out. I have been
praying really hard for him every week! So I am glad that he was excited
and that it all went smoothly. And yes please send me those pictures! I
also am so happy to hear about that young woman in the ward. :) I love
it when the spirit softens people's hearts. The same happened for J!
At first, he wasn't really too interested in learning more and now he
is progressing so much as a new member of the church! :) We actually had
a lesson on Monday after we had the special lesson with the Branch
Presidency about the new gay marriage legalization and he said that all
that we had talked about was what he and M both believed and they
were thankful that we as a church matched the standards that they have. I
think that the spirit has been working really hard on him and he is
improving so quickly! I know that if you and the young women help
I, she will soften up and be prepared to change and draw closer to
Christ. I hope that I will get to meet her in January! :)
Well,
this week was pretty good! We had a bit of a hard time because we were
still trying to get all of the information about the area into the area
book app on our ipads before Sunday. We did it thankfully, and my head
was exploding by the end of the day. We were both super drained. Plus,
it was really hard with 6 hours of church added on top! :) But we
survived and will now officially be Facebook missionaries! Us as leaders
will start this week and make our profiles on Facebook "missionary
appropriate" and start friending the people in our areas. I am so
excited! I feel like a pioneer! :) haha It's going to be really
interesting with the new missionaries as well that will be coming in. I
was talking with Sister Kirkby about it and we are both very thankful
that we were given the time to be away from technology before this
happened. Because I KNOW that I do not need to be on it constantly and I
will have developed good habits with it. We worry sometimes about the
new missionaries coming out that they will tempted to misuse it. But so
far, we haven't had any problems so we are hopeful!
We
also taught a young lady that has had the discussions from the
missionaries before and her only hold back from getting baptized is her
family. They are not very supportive and she loves them so much that it
causes her to doubt what she knows. You can tell when she talks about it
that her family is genuinely concerned for her and her well being. So,
we had a lesson where she asked us to teach her the restoration as if
she didn't know anything. So we did and at the end, she had tears
streaming down her face and said that she wanted to be baptized so much.
She then told us that she would be willing to let us meet with her
family as long as we taught her family the way we taught her just then.
We decided that wouldn't be too hard because the spirit was really doing
all the teaching. :) She is such an amazing girl and we decided if her
mom didn't want to meet at first, we could also do a church swap where
we would attend her mom's church and then they could attend ours so that
they could get an idea of what we are about. She thinks that would be
good. We haven't heard a yes from her mom yet but she said she'll be
working on them. She left for a trip to Idaho with some members of the
branch to the old Branch President's cabin so I think that will be
really good for her to learn from them and to make some really good
friends. :)
N came to bible study this week
and the spirit was so strong as we read from Romans 13 and watched the
Mormon Message about the man who forgave a boy for killing his family
while drunk driving. We had such an amazingly strong message. We also
were told from the Bishop that the ward will not be ready for N's
baptism on Saturday so she'll be going to Girl's Camp this week and then
we will have to wait 3 weeks for her main fellowshippers to come home
from their vacation because they both want to be there. But, yeah, N
says she's okay to wait but we feel bad because it was really hard
telling her that she couldn't be baptized when she wanted to because the
ward wasn't willing to step up to the plate and do it. But we are sure
that she will be okay and will be baptized! :) We'll keep working with
her as best as we can.
By the way, before I
forget, I just wanted to let you know that August 5th is our transfer
day. And if I am correct, August 5th will be when Zac enters the field.
So, to make your life easier as a mother and easier for anyone else that
wants to send him something in the mail without missing transfers, me
and Zac will be on the same transfer track. So his transfer and mine
will be in the same week. So we are exactly on the same track because he
goes out when our new missionaries come in. So, just some food for
thought :) Also, if you want to know the exact day of when I transfers
are, count 6 weeks from the week of August 5th, and you'll know when the
next transfer is. Just so you know how old I am, Next transfer, Sister
Tingey is officially done with her mission. WOOOOOOOWWWW!!!! I am so
happy that she made it! :)
We also had an
awesome ward party for the 24th of July and we played a game with the
activity day girls and they had a blast. So back story, we went over and
introduced ourselves to a new family in the ward named the I's.
They are a sweet family that moved here from Logan UT and they have the
cutest kids. One of their boys just turned 12 and their girl is 9 and
their youngest boy is a new born. They are sooooo cute and they have
super solid testimonies! But yeah, their girl made a game for the ward
party and we promised that we would play. So we did and she went up to
her mom after and shouted, "Mom! The sisters kept their promise!!!!"
Sister I came up to us afterwards and thanked us for making her
experience fun. We were happy because we are gaining the trust of the
ward back which is awesome. The sisters in the past focused too much on
the Branch and neglected the ward so we are working to create a balance
again with them. And so far we have been really successful! :)
Well,
I can't think of anything else to say so I will sign off for the week
and I will be happy to hear about how Bear Lake went. :) I love you!
Love,
Sister Jacklin
| I am wearing Sister Kirkby's glasses and I felt really pretty so I wanted you to see. Not my face. I know I am making a weird face so just ignore that:) |
| I saw this in an old teaching record and I wondered...:) You should ask Mary if she served in an area around Lakeville or Northfield. |
| Dinner Appointment |
No comments:
Post a Comment