Monday, July 6, 2015

Love from Minnesota!!!

Hi Family!
 
So, I just wanted to start off by saying HAPPY 25th ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!
I love you guys so much! Well, I was definitely being irrational this
last week and I am feeling much better. I have started getting to know
Sister Kirkby much better now. She is a fantastic sister! So, she is
from Orem, Utah and she lives just west of the Riverwoods mall. She
doesn't know Taylor or Cade because she is Jordon's age. She graduated
from BYU-I in Psychology and she is super funny!  The funny thing is
that we got along well, I just was feeling super inadequate. By the
way, it was NOT Sister Kirkby that said I was not doing the right
thing! Just to clarify! :) She is a very confident person and I was
having a hard time keeping up. But I have gotten back on my feet
again! And we are doing great!
 
So, this week we have been going crazy! We had our pday pushed to the
4th and it was a lot of fun! M, our branch mission leader invited
us to come over to his parent's house to have a bbq with his family
and then he went with us to the C's and we played games and then
had fireworks and roasted s'mores. It was a fun night. When we got
back home, M followed us so that he could fix my bike chain
because it had been eaten by the salt in the winter time. However,
when we got a block away from our house, the cops had blocked every
entrance to our apartment and we got trapped at the McDonalds down the
street until 12:30am. It was because they were having a fireworks show
that night right by our house so to keep traffic control, they blocked
off the parts of the road that connected to our house. So, we were
crazy tired he next day. Sister Kirkby kept laughing at me as I was
falling asleep in Sunday school. Hahahaha
 
We have the baptism for J on Saturday and we are so stoked! So is
M! She said she has been doing a lot of crying lately because she
is so excited and happy that he is making this decision. And she has
been trying really hard to make sure that he knows that he needs to do
it for himself and not for anyone else. We are so excited for him
though!
We also are getting ready to set a date with N. Our only problem is
that she's hard to get a hold of so we haven't been meeting with her
lately so we are working on getting in with her for appointments.
She's pretty much ready to go though! And next will be the rest of her
family! :) we are excited for them because they have been coming to
church the last few weeks.
 
Yes I am feeling much more confident now. We feel like it didn't help
that we had to move so we weren't able to do Missionary work for a few
days and that really knocked us off. But we are doing really well now.
I am feeling much more normal now.
 
Yes I am feeling old! I feel like it went by way too fast! Crazy! So
the only things that I could think of that I would like is a black
maxi skirt, you can find one at Old Navy. A member had one on that I
really liked. I also would like a new case for my iPad. The ones we
have are good but they are a bit bulky and they are plain black....
Kind of boring haha. Sister Kirkby got hers on Amazon for 35 dollars
on Amazon prime. The brand is Coverbot. I don't need to have that
brand but if you find one that has a way to protect the screen and can
protect the iPad when it falls then it's good! I would like a colored
one too! Like yellow or pink. :) but yeah! That's pretty much it!
 
Yes we are now in our new place. It's cute! We are right next to the
lake and it is super pretty! We go on bike rides every other morning
around it! And yes I love my bike! I have used it in every area so
far! Funny story. We decided to ride our bikes to save miles and we had
to go about 5 miles to get to the church because of some construction
by the church... And I had to ride there with 2 flat tires.....
Yeah.... I still got here though and I still managed to go just as
fast as I would without a flat tire. So yeah, let's just say that I am
still a super beast sister missionary and don't worry, my bike is
fixed. I'll get a picture of it for you :)
 
Well, I gotta run because we are going on exchanges with Burnsville
today and I am going back! Hooray! We aren't having our pday today
because we are going to the Twins game on Wednesday! We are going to
have a sleepover with the sisters too! I am so excited!
 
Well, love you and hope you have an awesome week! Tell Chris I say
welcome home and congrats on finishing the mission!
 
Love,
 
Sister Jacklin
Sent from my iPad
 
YSA 4th of July Zone Activity


One of these things is not like the other:)


4th of July Fun
 

No comments:

Post a Comment