Monday, June 29, 2015

Love From Minnesota!

Hi Family!

I am so glad that you got to go to the Manti Pageant! I love the Manti Pageant. I have a feeling that there will be protesters at every church event now. Especially with the legalization of gay marriage in the nation. It's funny because the percentage of gays in the U.S. is 1%. Man is that one LOUD 1%! It's like the squeaky wheel. It's going to get the attention no matter what and no matter how much attention we give them, the more they will want from us. Pretty lame. But I am so glad that you were still able to feel the spirit. :) Oh and J's messages, haha, we were saying goodbye to them so we went and had lunch with them, the girl with black hair is an awesome member that is returning to activity. She is awesome. Her name is A. They really wanted to do something dorky with us before transfers. J is a member. She was going to BYU-I when she decided that she wanted to serve a mission so she came back after fall semester and has been hanging out with the sisters since. She is my "companion" some Sundays because we are over both a ward and a branch and we need a companion to go to the different meetings that we are separated for. By the way, with her message about the maxi dress, you don't need to give me one. I said it as a joke. And then she sent it. haha. Really though, if you ever hear of anyone with a daughter coming to this mission, tell her to get a few maxi's. They are perfect here because they are breezy in the summer and are long enough not to blow up and flash anyone. And then they are perfect in the winter because they cover your legs and keep you warm! :) So pass on those words of wisdom!! :)

But yeah! I guess I will answer your questions first. My new companion is Sister Kirkby. She is super nice. We are getting along pretty well! And yes, we are still STL's where we are serving. I am not going to lie, everything has kind of blown up in my face again and I have hit another rock bottom but I'm sure I'll get out of it. I have before! I have felt pretty incompetent again and I am still trying to understand Sister Kirkby's personality and I don't feel like I have been successful at that either. I have been trying really hard to understand if I am really doing what the Lord wants because I have been hearing otherwise from other companions. So I am trying to put it between me and the Lord. But yeah. I am trying hard. I'm sure I'll get through it. I feel bad too because Sister Kirkby said, "I feel like I'm doing something wrong because I have made every companion cry" really, I told her it is because I trust her enough to confide in her and she has been helpful. Which frustrates me too because I don't want to be the weak one that needs help. I want to be the strong one that is helping. I hate feeling like I need help. I know, it's prideful of me to say but I don't like feeling weak. But enough of my rants.

I did get my new blouses and I had to brag quite a bit about how you nailed it right on the head what I was looking for. They are perfect!!! I am wearing the yellow one right now! :) I have worn two this weekend too! :) They make me feel very cute and I feel a whole lot cooler! I am going to wear one to the Twins game we are going to as a whole mission! I am so excited!!!! :) And I don't think I have to return any of them. But I will let you know, I haven't had the chance to try them all on yet. We have been busy moving in to our new apartment and then killing spiders. I think I found one in my bed last night.... yeah.... we are going to see if we can get the apartment sprayed for them. In the 2 days that we have been there, we have killed over 30 spiders... and I am not exaggerating!!! 

We have been working towards J's baptism on July 11th and we are a bit nervous because we still have a ways to go with him. But we will work our hardest to get him ready! We also have a super cute investigator named N that will be baptized July 18th. N is a friend of a girl in the Lakeville ward named T and she is awesome! She has already read through the Book of Mormon and when we were walking behind them, T was talking to her about the baptism interview. She is so ready! We are also working with N's mom S and she has been doing pretty well! She hasn't been able to come to church though because she works Sundays but we took her on a week day and did a church tour and this last Sunday she sent all of her kids with N to go! It's awesome! 

We also got in contact with someone that had been dropped and she wants to start meeting again. So we are excited about that. She is a super sweet lady that was progressing really well and then just sort of stopped so we are hopeful that her wanting us to come back will mean that she is ready to progress. But yeah! We have gotten a ton of referrals from the ward members and the branch members are inviting a ton of their friends to attend so we are super excited!

Anyways, I am hopeful that this week will be good and hopefully I won't be so emotional this week. :) It has been a bit of a rollercoaster but I'll get over it. I always have! :) Love you and I hope that you have a good week!

Love,

Sister Jacklin
 
P.S. Tell Lauren I say hi if you see her again! I love that girl! :)
 
Sister Bone and I with the treats we got at the Jordan Candy Store. It's the largest candy store in Minnesota and has the world's largest selection of soda.

Us at transfer meetings.

Us with the D's super cute cat named Katniss:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment