Monday, June 8, 2015

Love From Minnesota!

After Exchanges

Hi family!

Sorry for the super short email last week! I felt bad. We had to drive 2 hours down to Mankato for Zone south pday and we had a ton of fun! :) We have a family here that have bought a 12 passenger van for the sole purpose of taking the missionaries around! So we all crammed into the van and drove down. It was a lot of fun. By the way, to answer your question mom, yes, a few blouses would be great! :) I love the 3/4 sleeves and we also the lighter linen material that is looser and flowy. I am good with any solid colors, floral, or stripes. But thanks! :)

Well, this week has been great! We had some crazy weather this week! Tuesday was beautiful and we had a good time at MLC. It was a really good meeting. When we had the meeting, two missionaries bore testimony because they are finishing their missions. One thing that stuck out to me that one of the elders said was, "Don't waste a minute of your mission" I really liked that. :) We then had teryaki burgers and then got our ipads! It was crazy! Our mission president was really casual about it too :) but it was fun! We now have our ipads up and running so that when the mission gets them on Friday, we can help them with any problems. It's been kind of nerve racking knowing that the Mission President trusted us with them first. AAAAh! But it's been really fun figuring out how to cross reference and use the ipads to study. They are completely getting rid of paper. It's crazy. 

On Wednesday, we saw J and M. And J decided by himself what day he would be ready for baptism and he decided on the 11th of July! We are so excited that he picked a day so close! We are really excited about him changing his heart and wanting to be a part of the church! It's been good for M too because she just got baptized in January so it has really strengthened her testimony to help him as he is just starting to accept the gospel.

On Thursday, we went on exchanges and Sister Sperry and I worked in Lakeville. It was so much fun! We went and saw a less active named C. She is super awesome! :) We love her a lot and it was a good time to meet with her too because Sister Sperry knows her. So she was still really comfortable with us. We brought our RS president with us and she did a great job of immediately befriending her. We then went and had a lesson with our recent convert, D, who was just about to get baptized when I first went on exchanges to Lakeville! It is really cool seeing how he has changed since when I first met him as a new misisonary! He blessed the sacrament for the first time the Sunday before so he is really progressing! Then, Sister Sperry and I were invited by a YSA member to have dinner and a lesson. His name is D. He told us to first meet him at a restaurant that was over a movie theater in the Burnsville Center mall. Well, we didn't know that it wasn't attached to the mall so we got lost in the middle of the mall! It was so funny! When we found the theater and then found the restaurant and all we saw was a bunch of nude statues and a whole wall of alcohol. Then D came in and said that there was a cheaper place down the street so we went there instead and he bought us sandwiches and milkshakes and when I finished, D asked how we liked it. I told him it was good and thanked him and in part of the conversation I said that I liked ice cream a lot and then D said that he would get me another milk shake.... it took so much will power from both of us to not laugh our heads off. Sister Sperry and I tried so hard that at one point when I looked at her, she had tears streaming down her face. :) Then, I burped/threw up in my mouth later that day in bible study and I had to step out and again we were both laughing our heads off! I had so much fun with her! :) She said that I remind her of Bryan Regan. I took that as a compliment :) She also said that she hopes that one day we are companions. That made me feel good :)

Friday we went to breakfast with the sisters and had a ton of fun! :) We then had a good day filled with a ton of meetings! And tons of appointments! We met a woman named V that is a friend of a member of our ward. We read the Proclamation to the Family and had a really good visit. Then we went and had a really good lesson with A. She has a super solid testimony and I am glad that I had the chance to come and see how the gospel has been blessing her and changing her. She is a returning member and boy is she strong! I am excited to see how her daughter grows up. She's going to be an amazing mother :) We then went to lunch with Jessica and then went to meetings and then set our ipads up! :)

Saturday we went to play volleyball, did some sister calls with the district leaders, and then we went and had dinner with the Ford family. And fun fact, I found out that they used to live in Orem and all their kids attended Mountain View. Then I found out that they are the parents of Leslie Ford who was friends with Bryce! It was really cool! They still remember where grandma and grandpa's house is! :) It was cool to make that connection! Also, Danielle Miller, who grandma and grandpa know as Sister Miller, is now the 1st counselor in the YSA branch and so I'll be working with her! She is so awesome! She is already working on sharing the gospel with her friends too! :) She's awesome! :)

Anyways, church was also good! Our Sundays really consist of us going to 6 hours of church and then dinner and stop bys or tracting. We did go see the C's and I was sitting on the couch when a bug almost went into K's son's hair so I had to grab his head really fast and moved it. It was so embarrassing because he looked so confused after! Plus we had a super big thunder storm the night before that kept me up so all of Sunday was kind of a blurr. :) It was a very embarrassing and funny week! :) But it was really fun! :) Haha

Well, I love you and have an awesome week!!! :)

Love, 

Sister Carlee Jacklin

P.S. The picture is of us when we were exchanging back and it was with a cardboard cutout of Brother C. The C's are the ones that got a 12 passenger van just for us. So we're pulling a "prank" of sorts by taking pictures with cardboard cutouts of them and giving them the cutouts and the pictures after thanking them for all that they do! It's fun! Anyways, love you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment