Hi family! Wow! I have felt he same way about summer! Except it has been fairly mild. We have had about 70 to 85 degrees with pretty high humidity but it hasn't been too bad. We are currently getting pelted by a huge rainstorm. We woke up to thunder this morning and it was awesome! We thought it was the garbage man at first. :) Well, this week has been awesome! We got a stunning 5 referrals from a member of our ward and the she proceeded to give us fresh veggies from her garden! She is awesome! I wish we had more members like her, and I hope I am a member like her one day! I definitely learned that I need to have no fear to talk to whoever I can and make as many friends as I can! We also went and taught J about the priesthood. He had a lot of questions about it and kept asking Morgan about it so we brought out the big guns. We brought two of his main fellow-shippers and our branch president and it was packed! Luckily this time we made sure that the A/C was on! :) The lesson went really well and J is even more excited for his baptism. We are super duper excited too! Well, we just saw transfers and Sister Bone is leaving..... Great. Now I'm mad. Well, the funny thing is she's going back with Sister Tingey. I guess that's what happens when you don't want a one and done.... You go back with the companion you had before! :) My new companion's name is Sister Kirkby so the zone leaders are going to give me a Kirby figure that they have in the window because it sounds like Kirby. No one knows her and I haven't heard of her before so I am super nervous. Well, on a lighter note, we got to hear Alex Boye yesterday at a fireside! He is so stinking funny! I loved it! He talked about how he came to know the church. It was so funny because he said that his co worker was trying really hard to get him to go to church and then one day he said to Alex, and I'm going to quote how Alex said it, "The guy came up to me and asked, 'Do you like.....' Over and over and then it was like someone put an idea on his head and he said, 'Do you like..... American girls?'" And when Alex said that he had the funniest look on his face. Then he said that he heard a knock on his door and then he sang pop corn popping to this, "I looked out the window and what did I see? Two sister missionaries looking at me! AND THEY WERE AMERICAN!" It was so funny! We had one of our YSA bring a friend that is a super stubborn catholic and as she talked with us and one of our YSA, she was fighting so hard. She kept saying that she was too scared to read the Book of Mormon and we came to find out that she was scared because she didn't want to read it and see that it was true. I have seen that so much out here, there are so many people that don't want to admit that something is right because they don't want to be "wrong". But I know with time and some effort from member friends, she'll come around. Even though she says she isn't convinced, she still has all the pamphlets and reading assignments in her car. You can tell that the spirit is still nagging at her. It's fun. :) We also taught N and her mom S. We did a church tour with her and it went really well. Both N and her little brother have attended the ward and they have been begging their mom to go back each week. S said that she couldn't tell her son that they were going to the church for the meeting because he would have been in the car waiting. It was so funny! They are such a cute family. We just have to wait until S is able to get her work schedule changed so that she can also attend. I am excited to see the changes. Well, I guess that is all for now. I am sad that Sister Bone is leaving but I am sure she'll love it being back with Sister Tingey. I know she lost her patience a few times with me. But it's what happens when you are with someone 24 hours a day. She said that was the only thing that she struggled with with me. I sure hope she's right! I don't want any of my companions to have a bad experience with me. That has been my mission goal! Well, I love you so much and I'll get you a picture next week of my new companion! :) thanks too for the cute blouses! I haven't gotten them yet but I am super excited! :) love you! Love, Sister Jacklin
Monday, June 22, 2015
Love From Minnesota!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment