Monday, June 15, 2015

Love From Minnesota!

Hallo Familie!!!

Just to start off, it is so true that I share Dad's pictures and I feel just as embarrassed to show mine... hahahaha :) And let Connor know that it's okay if he didn't pass it the first time, I didn't either! He'll get it! I have faith in him! :) I am so glad that the yard sale went good too! And funny story, ever since I got to Minnesota I have heard over and over the importance of motherhood and marriage. It's like Heavenly Father is trying to say something.... haha :) 
Let's just say Bishop Mason from the Lakeville ward blew my mind this last Sunday.... We were talking to him about the power of the priesthood and he asked us each what the power of the priesthood was personally to us. After we answered, he talked about the problems with girls getting disillusioned by the women and the priesthood fiasco. Well, as he talked to us about it, he talked about how men and women are equal and then he said simply, "Priesthood is the power to create." And then he talked about how miracles are just science that we don't understand. It was so cool! Then, he REALLY blew my mind! He turned to us and said, "You want to talk about Priesthood power? Heavenly Mother? We don't even talk about that power because it is too sacred and holy. Creating the world and the Universe? That's just legos. Creating Spirit children? Beyond comparison." When he said that, I felt the true importance of motherhood and the power that we have as women. In that moment, I prayed that Heavenly Father would bring that experience back to me if I ever had any doubts after my mission regarding my worth as a woman. It was the climax of my week. Life CHANGING!!!! ;)

We had a really fun week! We got to go down to Northfield with J and went contacting and also went to Carlton and St. Olaf (two college campuses in Northfield) and went to see what things we could do to share the gospel. It was really cool! I hope that I got just a taste of what grandma and grandpa do! I gotta say, every missionary here thinks that grandma and grandpa are doing the coolest thing any senior couple could do! Yeah... I have some of the coolest grandparents. Luckily for me, I get a double whammy with having awesome grandparents on both sides! I sometimes feel bad for the rest of the world that they don't have what I do! Hahahahaha :) I'm pretty lucky :) Okay, enough of my pride filled spiel. hahaha :)

Oh! Before I forget! NO I did not get another milkshake! haha! I was good with one! I can't remember if I mentioned it but I almost puked it back up in Bible Study and Sister Sperry about died from laughter because she saw my face when it happened. :)

Anyways, I'm super random today! We got to teach J the Law of Chastity and it went really well! Funny story, while we were teaching him, every single one of us had red faces. And I was sweating like crazy. But, the weird thing was, I wasn't embarrassed when I was teaching.... So it was really confusing for all of us to be red faced and sweating.... well, at the end of the lesson, M, his member girlfriend goes, "Oh my gosh! Now I know what the problem is!" And she went and turned on her A/C. And all of us busted up laughing because everyone of us were thinking the same thing! It was so funny! But J is on his way to Baptism on the 11th of July! Hooray! :)

On Friday, I gave my first training to the whole zone at Zone Conference! It was so scary and awesome at the same time! At one point I thought to myself, what would happen if I passed out right now? It was good though and the other missionaries told me that we did well. We did it on helping investigators to keep the commandments. The conference went well too and I saw a lot of the missionaries that I have served with. I was so happy to see them! We then went to Taco Bell after for lunch and I had a crunch wrap supreme for the first time. It was super good! :)

We also went on exchanges with the St. Peter Sisters and had a sleep over! It was so much fun! I was in the bed in the middle of the real beds and it was a Jack which is a giant bean bag and when I laid on it... apparently my bottom half is bigger than my top and I was slanted as I laid down.... so I had a recurring dream about sliding off a cliff.
By the way, I am now famous in the area for having the craziest dreams. NO joke, I wondered if it was because of what I ate for dinner but as I paid attention, my dreams are a result of what happens throughout the day. Like, I had a dream that my mission president and his wife came flying in on a red dragon to see how us missionaries were doing... as we were tracting by 50's.... can you imagine 50 missionaries knocking on your door? I'm not gonna say anything else on the dragon... But yeah, that dream was like 5 months ago. I've had crazy ones since then every night. 2 nights ago I had a dream that I was on a run away carriage and my district was trying to save me.....all in the middle of a rock concert. Yeah... lets just say that I woke not only myself up but my companion up drumming on the side of my bed.... Did I mention that now I don't just talk in my sleep but I am now walking and screaming and whispering? Yeah.... my poor companions....

Anyways..... on that note! I pads have been great! I finally figured out how to make notes, double markings, and tags so that in the middle of a lesson, all I have to do is look up the topic, click the scripture and voila! I have exactly what I need! We also have videos right at our finger tips! And it has been great! by the way, you should look up the His Grace videos on Mormon Channel! They are sooooo good! The Gang member to Good Man is my favorite! :)

Okay! I have run out of stuff to say! I am so happy to hear that you are doing well! Just tell Zac to be patient! Before he knows it, He'll be over half way through his mission! I am excited for him and I pray all the time that he'll have a good time and that his companion and trainer are good! I hope that you all have a good week! And PLEEEEEEAAAASE send me an extra wedding invitation for Blake and Rachel! I want to see it sooooooo bad! :) And what the heck? EVERYONE IS GETTING MARRIED! Let Taylor know that she is banned from getting married until I get home! :) 

Elder Martin in my district says hello:) he is super awesome:)

Love you!


Love,

Sister Carlee Jacklin
 
A double rainbow after our teaching appointment.

I ate an Idaho shaped Kit Kat piece.

Our Sleepover with the St. Peters Sisters.

Prayer Map at St. Olaf's.

Prayer Map.

Us with the St. Peters Sisters. Only one of us looks awake, it was super early.

Celebrating Hermana Fastidio's birthday.

Playing chair soccer for zone activity.

Picnic at the park for weekly planning meeting. I decided to pose as a duck:)

You always need a silly pose.
 
Us with the Hermana's and J, our third companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment