Monday, August 3, 2015

Love From Minnesota!!!

Hello Family!

I am so excited for Zac to be out in the field! I loved his email too! And yes I would like to have his emails forwarded to me. I got his email and emailed him some pictures and videos so hopefully he will be allowed to look at them in his mission. I sent you them too. They are hilarious! Well, transfers are this week and I will be staying in Lakeville with Sister Kirkby another round! I am super duper excited! Most of our zone this transfer will be training new missionaries which is super exciting! And, every single one of my companions that are still in the field are Sister Training Leaders! Sister Mower will be a Sister Training leader this transfer for the first time! I am so excited for her! 

Well, this week has been great! We are still trying to find new investigators without a ton of luck but we will get there! Our area book is officially there so we won't need to worry about that anymore! I am excited to see what happens this transfer especially since we have one set of sisters that are finishing out training and a new sister will be trained in another area. We are excited to see how it goes! 

We taught J and M Monday evening and it went super well! We talked about the Restoration and the importance of receiving a solid testimony of the Book to Mormon. They have come such a long way and we are always excited to see how they grow. We are working towards having them go to the temple to do baptisms together which we are super excited about. 
We also taught the C's and they are doing fantastic! They are the cutest family ever! They had a bit of a rough week but they said that they felt a lot better after we came to visit them.
We also have done a lot of finding lately without finding anyone in particular yet but we are working hard to make that change! We have also been working on scheduling visits with members in the ward so that we can get to know them better and establish a good relationship with them. So far it has been really good. I also got the name wrong for the city the I's live in, they lived in Layton before coming out here, not Logan. Sorry. I heard that there is a family from Logan though so we can check again to see if they know Keith and Melanie. But yeah!

On Tuesday and Thursday we did service at Prince of Peace and one of the sweet lady's I worked with the week before remembered me and that made me happy. She would work in the clothing area and she would wave and say hi and ask how I was doing. It was cool. I will have to keep reaching out to her each week. We also had institute Tuesday and K wasn't able to make it because she was in Idaho with some members of the Branch at the old Branch President's summer home. She said she had a lot of fun and she was able to attend church this Sunday and last Sunday and her mom is slowly softening her heart to the idea of our church which is good.

Also on Thursday, we had a good lesson with D, a recent convert, about preparing to enter the temple. He has gone to a lot of temples and done baptisms and he said that he would like to go to conference again and see some more temples in Utah. When we heard that, we all started telling him (me, Sister Kirkby, and Mi Nam our Branch Mission Leader) about what places were good to eat at. We then told him about Kneaders and their all you can eat French Toast and D's eyes got super big and he shouted, "Oh man! That is going in my phone!" It was super funny. We then went to Cracker Barrel and coordinated with Mi Nam. He bought us our dinner and I was super ravenous, it was a bad day.... And I ate all my food, a chocolate shake and half of a piece of Sister Kirkby's left over French toast. She said it was really comical watching me. :) I was somewhat embarrassed but I was hungry!!! :) 

Anyways, I am super excited to hear from Zac! I will be sending him a quick email as well so that he will have my address. :) And I am super glad that you had a good vacation without too many casualties. :) Except for maybe Dad's phone... But anyways! I hope you like the videos and the pictures that I sent! :)

I love you lots and for mom, I accept your challenge! Face with stuck-out tongue and tightly-closed eyes I can do it!

Love you!!

Sister Jacklin
P.S. So I forgot to tell you about something awesome that we have here in
Lakeville! We have a stick man! He's a man that runs across a certain
part of Lakeville with just a pair of running shorts on and he carries
a walking stick with him when he runs. He has long brown/gray hair and
a big bushy beard, so he looks like a running cave man! And what he
does is he waves his stick at you and says have a nice day! And his
raising his stick up is his way of giving us good luck! It is sooooo
cool! He is really nice and we do our best to wave at him every chance
we get! :)
 
Sorry! Totally random but every time I see him I realize that I
haven't told you!
 
Love you!
  
Sister K wanted to take this picture standing sideways because she said it is her best side. M and I are laughing hysterically.

Here's a nice one of us smiling. BTW the dress and cardigan I am wearing I got with the Bday money grandma sent me. Thanks grandma! I look so cute!

Sister's Pday with the Burnsville sisters. We took this at Rue 21.

Sister Kirkby is super talented at taking candid shots. I thought this one was cute.
Habanero Challenge #1

Habanero Challenge #2

Habanero Challenge #3

Habanero Challenge Finale


No comments:

Post a Comment