Monday, August 31, 2015

Love from Minnesota!!!

Hi family!
 
I am glad to hear how Zac is doing! He seems to be having lots of fun.
So, I do have to say that I think that every missionary has had at
least one of those experiences where they have to bite their tongue
because of the funny things that people say. Haha.
 
So, this week was great! We had zone pday and then had a wonderful
blitz exchange with the St. Peter Sisters and our prayers were
answered! Sister Kirkby and I had been praying for one miracle and a
new investigator on our exchange and we both prayed really hard for it
to happen. Well, it happened! Sister Kirkby and Hermana Coopmans found
a new investigator and Hermana Frank and I found the miracle! We were
walking from having a lesson with a recent convert (which was in all
Spanish) and had a great lesson with him. It was really fun testifying
and then having Hermana Frank translate. Well, anyways we were walking
back and both had to go to the bathroom. Well, after we went to the
bathroom and started our walk back, we saw a woman walking across the
street and we decided to talk to her. When we were halfway across the
street, she stopped and said, "Hi sisters!" We stopped dead in our
tracks, super confused. Hermana Frank has been in St. Peter for 7
months and she didn't recognize her. Well, we started talking with her
and it turns out she was visiting family and going to her 50th high
school reunion. Turns out, she's the only member in her family that
belongs to the church and she asked if we would visit her sister in
Mankato and gave us the address. We both were so stoked! If we hadn't
gotten there at the right time, we would have missed that amazing
opportunity! It was so cool!
 
Well, that's not all the juicy goodness I have for you! We had a great
lesson Monday night with K and later in the week had her interview
and she passed it!  She will be getting baptized this Saturday the
5th! She is excited! We then had a good lesson with D and it was
really focused which was sooo good!
We had service Thursday and yet another miracle! We decided after
service to go and do Mormon.org time which consists of watching videos
and reading articles that could help our investigators in the future.
Well, as we were on our way in, we ran into a man named N that I
had met before with Sister Bone. He recognized me and we started to
talk with him and another man that he was sitting by. Well, as we
talked with them, N told us about how he had a lesson the day
before with the Elders! He said, "It's so annoying! But I have a
feeling that God is trying to tell me something." Well, he asked for a
Book of Mormon and asked if we were free for a lesson. We told him
that we were free right then! So we taught him the restoration and he
said that although he still felt nervous about the Book of Mormon, he
would read and pray because he felt that if he had seen us so often,
it had to be some form of message from God. It was so cool! We had a
great lesson with T that night and then when we came out from the
lesson, someone was upset with where we parked and parked their mini
van right behind our car! However, we had just enough space to where
we could slip out if we navigated the car just right. Well, I ended up
being the one driving and Sister Kirkby navigating which was good
because I would not have done a very good job. And if I hadn't been
focused on steering, I would have bitten my nails off! It was so
scary! But we made it out and then had a lesson with M and J.
I ended up giving her the picture of the mermaid that I finished for
her so that was exciting! She loved it and decided that it was too
nice to tack to the wall so she's getting a frame for it! Smiling face with open mouth and tightly-closed eyes
 
Friday we had planning and our coordination with M.N., our Branch
Mission Leader. We then Went to dinner at the W's and it was a
ball! After dinner, we were talking to Sister W (Primary
President) about some stuff when her youngest son found a paper air
plane that his older brother made. While we were talking with her, he
started throwing it at us. So, we took the chance to get to know the
kids better and started to play with them. Well, as we were playing
with the paper air plane, I was talking to their youngest daughter
about something and Sister Kirkby said that their youngest was yelling
at me trying to get my attention. The way he was yelling at me was the
funny part. He didn't call me by my name. He just started shouting,
"Lavendar! Lavendar! LAVENDAR!!!" Then, he came up to me and looked at
me for a second and said, "Hey Lavendar Blue Daddy!" And walked away!
It was sooooo funny! To get a good picture, he is just like Connor but
with electric white hair. It was awesome! We love the W's!
 
Well, Saturday was a ball! We went to the church to go do sister
calls, where we talk with the district leaders about the sisters and
how we can help them. Well, as we were there, we stepped into the hall
to grab something when I heard some familiar voices, and when we went
around the corner Sister Pead and Sister Hullet were there for the
wedding of a recent convert in Prior Lake! I was so happy! Sister Pead
nearly tackled me giving me a hug! And Sister Hullet will be getting
married in 2 weeks! (Just for information's sake, they both finished
in January). It was cool to see them because they were missionaries
when I started my mission! It was awesome! Then, we went and played
soccer with the youth in the ward. It was super fun! I did you guys
proud and beat an elder in a shoot out game AND Sister Kirkby and I
won World Cup. :) I think my favorite part though of playing soccer
was watching my companion play. :) She was hilarious! She would step
up to head the ball as it was coming down and then would stop dead in
her tracks, throw her hands in the air and scream until it came down.
Then, she got scared when I came up to be goalie against her as she
was on a break away and she screamed and then grabbed the ball when it
was in my hands and we wrestled for it. It was funny! :) the funniest
part of the day though, was AFTER soccer. We ran home super fast and
took a quick shower and were out the door on time! However, after
hearing the door click shut, I realized that I didn't have the keys to
the car in my hand. So, I turned and asked Sister Kirkby where the
keys were.... She didn't know and didn't have them.... We locked
ourselves out of the apartment.... So we tried every door into the
member's home and all of them were locked. So after we got our heads
on straight, we realized that we could call the members, who were out
of town, for the code to the door to their part of the house. Well, as
Sister Kirkby was explaining the situation, I was waiting at the door
to get the code. Now, for you to have the right image in your minds of
how this went, the house is a split level and the member's front door
is up a flight of wood stairs. So I was at the top of the stairs
waiting. When a bug landed on my face.... And it REALLY hurt! In less
than half a second, I realized that it was a wasp... I got stung! And
in that half second, I was running down the stairs screaming and
flailing my arms yelling, "I got stung! I got stung!" So Sister Kirkby
gave it a try and the wasps started dive bombing on her so she came
back down unscathed. Well, the code they gave us didn't work so they
told us where to find the spare key. In the process of finding it and
multitasking talking on the phone with the member, I hit my head on
the bottom of the wood stairs outside... Needless to say, we looked
like chickens with our heads off.
 
Sunday we had a great miracle where not only did T come and K come, 
but a new investigator came and another miracle! A couple we had
never seen before walked into the chapel and Sister Kirkby and I
decided to talk to them. Well, they were both YSA that moved into
Burnsville. The girl was a member and the boy was not. At the end of
the services, we asked them how they liked it and they said it was
good and they would be coming back. Then, they asked if we could
schedule a weekly meeting so that her boyfriend could learn more!
HUZZZZAAAAAAHHHH! We were so happy! It was quite the tender mercy too
because I had spoken in church as well and I was super prepared and
had everything ready..... But when I got up to speak, MY NOTEBOOK WAS
GONE!!! I had left it in Lakeville gospel principles! So I got up and
apologized for not having my stuff and went for it! And it went really
well! Other than I went 5 minutes short of the time I was supposed to
go... But I was so relieved that it went well. It was such an amazing
miracle filled week! Such a booster!
 
Okay! Now for your questions!
Yes! I got the package and I LOVE MY CASE!
Yes, the remedy our ward member gave me worked! I was super loopy and
then tired all week but they are gone! The only problem with bugs this
week was bees. :)
  
For pictures, I am fine with emailing them to me. I just want pictures
of the family and the things you have been doing all summer! Like, I
would LOVE a picture of dad's class! Heehee! I bet they're cute! I would
even like some pictures of just random stuff you go to. Oh! And a
picture of Connor's show! I liked getting the picture of his practice!
:)
 
Anyways, love you all and I hope you have a good week! :)
 
Love,
 
Sister Jacklin
 
#moreselfies!


No comments:

Post a Comment