Give Connor a big hug and HAPPYYYYY
BIRTHDAYYYY! From me! I can't believe that he is so old now! I still
feel like time should just stop when you are on a mission so that I
don't miss all the cool changes that happen. But then again, the changes
wouldn't seem as awesome if I was a part of it. I probably wouldn't
even see it! :) haha
Well, in response to your
email. I didn't eat a pepper because I didn't think there was enough but
it turns out there was but I will be making it up! We are going to the
temple on Friday with the Burnsville sisters and so we will be having a
sleep over with them and they are bringing Malta Goya, an African Soda
that they said is nasty so we will be trying it and film it for you so
you can see me squirm too. :) haha
How is Zac doing too? I sent him a little email last week and will send him another one. I sent him the pictures already. :)
Anyways,
So I do have a question about the challenge you issued. Sister Kirkby
brought it to my attention that I don't even know the rules! :) Or I am a
blonde and totally missed it when I was reading your email. Is it if I
spend it on groceries? Or if I spend it at all? I am just wondering
because there are personal items that I can't purchase on my MSF. But if
you would let me know again the rules, that would be nice. :) haha :)
Love you!
Anyways again!!! :) Our week went
really well! We had an awesome lesson with K again and she is moving
closer to being able to have a date for baptism! We love her so much!
She is so much fun! She has been more active than most of our active
members. She comes to every institute without skipping a beat! She fully
participates too and is never afraid to ask questions. She will be
ready super quick!
We also have been working
with N to get her ready for baptism this Saturday!!! :) And, we had a
super awesome miracle! We went see N and her mom answered the door and
asked us to come in. We then sat down and S, N's mom, started
talking about how she and N had been talking about baptism and how it
isn't just something that you do because your friends are doing it. We
were nervous because it sounded like S was taking back what she said
and didn't want N to be baptized. We already had her written consent
but we were nervous that she wanted to take it back. Then, she asked N
to get her bibles. N came out of the room with every version of the
bible and S had us each take one and we read in the New Testament
about baptism. She then talked about how baptism is the same in each of
the bibles and was so excited about N being baptized! Say whaaat? We
were so happy! We then made sure that we had the baptism at a time that
she could make it and then she told us that she would try to get work
off so that she could see her confirmed!!!! Such a turn around from what
we were expecting!!! :) It was such a cool miracle!!!
We
also had some really good lessons with our recent converts too! And I
have a hilarious story for you that I totally forgot to share with you!
So, as missionaries, I am sure you well know that we have a specific
rule that you cannot be in a room with someone of the opposite gender
without another woman or 2 other men. So, we were having a lesson with
M and J and Sister Kirkby needed to send an email of J's
pictures of his baptism to M but the wifi connection was crummy.
So, Sister Kirkby and M stood at the doorway to her apartment to
look for a better signal... and then the door shut... I sat there for a
minute and then the realization hit me like a ton of bricks... my
companion and M were in the hall.... and I was in the room with
J... So I screamed and ran out of the room. M and Sister Kirkby
heard me scream and looked at me in confusion as I came out. We looked
at each other for a minute and then I watched their eyes get huge and
they both busted up laughing and they apologized and we all laughed our
heads off. J didn't know about the rules so he looked all confused.
So M explained and he laughed. :) It was funny! But they are both
working on reading personally and also are studying together! It is so
cool! It's a lot easier for J now that he has it downloaded on his
phone. He is changing so much and is doing really well! We are gearing
him up to tell his family because he really doesn't want to yet so we
are working on helping him. He seems more and more confident every time
though that it will work out. :)
Anyways, that
is about it for now. We are working to plant some more seeds this
transfer and hopefully find a ton of new people that are ready to
progress! :) Hooray! :)
Love you!!!
Sister Jacklin
| A member gave us this microwave meal for free. This is what it said on the back. |
| Nailed It! |
No comments:
Post a Comment